What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Killer A5 Haze - Koon's winter haze journey

Koondense

Veteran
Hola Ace people,
I'm very happy to start a new journey with a new Ace plant, not exactly new but it's my first time :)
It's a nice Killer A5 Haze female plant which for now has the "working name" Winter Haze.
Sprouted one seed and got one healthy and vigorous plant, as almost always she didn't get the best start because of low temperatures and many other factors, now she's transplanted in a 25 l smart pot with a pretty strong soil mix. I feel it's a bit too much but it's a calculated gamble to try some new stuff in my mixes and feeding approach.
Anyway, she's not alone, has two friends, one is Lemon Drizzle(other thread) and one is a seed of last summer grow, Panalawi x (Taskenti x Satori), the plant has not sexed yet and is named Line 1. If she turns out female, fine; if it's a male he will be a happy stud for the other two ladies so the line will continue.

Killer A5 Haze - "Winter Haze"
picture.php

"Line 1", F1 polyhybrid - Panalawi(Panama x Malawi) x (Taskenti x Satori)
picture.php

Both are showing some slight leaf tip burn but I'm not worried about it, they should get over it quite quickly and start growing like crazy...if my calculations are right lol :)

That's it for now, hoping for a not too crazy winter.

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Quick update.

Looks like I has a bit clumsy while repotting, i think the A5M had some damage to the roots and stopped developing new growth for a week, i thought it was the soil mix but it was root damage, i'm sure about it.
So this means she's a bit behind in development but is vigorous enough to bounce back quickly and fill the canopy in same time as other plants.
Standard lst is being applied, some slight defoliation and we're on route to have a nice little tree quite soon.

More to come in the future days.

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Time for an update,
full recovery for the Killer A5 Haze, so glad she's now overgrowing the other plants :)
The light schedule is now almost a week into 12/12 and the stretch has started, the girls will get a net for their to-become heavy branches, so nothing new from my side, growing as usual and taking good care of their feeding. My feed schedule is a bit on the heavier side since I want to keep more fan leaves into flower, they will also need nutrients because of pruning and for better recovery.

Kiler A5 Haze - winter haze, start of stretch
picture.php

Her structure is very stable, the stem and branches are very strong and supportive, grow pattern should be similar to a christmas tree with a heavy cola. I like to open the canopy soon in veg to expose all branches so I can get a flat bushy type of growth when the net gets applied. For now the growth is amazing and is taking training very well, hopefully I can manage to save most branches and let them grow upwards through the scrog net.

All for now, can't wait for the preflowers just after new year's eve ;)

Cheers

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Koondense,

Thanks for including a Killer A5 Haze in your indoor winter grow :)
A rich soil mix is a wise choice for this sativa hybrid, it can take LOTS of nutrients, and it certainly needs them throughout its extended flowering times and to reach its yield potential.

Best wishes for the flowering stage!

Koondense

Veteran
Hi guys,
thanks for chiming in, I hope you're all comfortable :)
Dubi, it's my pleasure to grow the Killer A5 Haze, wanted to give her a go in the past but lack of confidence was stopping me. Now after growing Thai x Panama nothing can stop me :)

Short update,
since the plant has interesting branching at 90°angle out of the stem, she wants to occupy more room than available, so I have extra work to bring branches in a desired position on the net. Not an easy one to get a flat canopy and the stretch has just started.
I feel this grow will be almost as challenging as with the summer sativas, hopefully ont many things will go wrong.

The plants are in transition to flower, no true flowers yet but we're almost there.
The "line 1" finally revealed she's a proper girl so I'm extra happy to have luck in finding and growing for my first time a plant from a seed I made on purpose.

The Killer A5 Haze or WinterHaze
picture.php

"Line 1" or Panalawi x (TaskentixSatori) - double serrations can only be a good thing
picture.php

Awaiting some smell development along with more stretching, for now it's an overall organic, compost, pines and hops smell, nothing too particular at this stage.
More to come next week.

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Forgot something,
she's not supposed to get much attention in this thread, but just wanted to add I'm also growing again the Oaxaca x Panama.
She's quite fast to start and looking very nice as did the mom.

Oaxaca x Panama clone
picture.php

Lovely lady, she's gonna be lucky and be one of the mothers for my next "lines", getting some pollen from the OGxC99 male. Just chucked some on the Zam#1 lady :D
Making seeds is so exciting :)

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
A5 Malawi is one hell of a plant, vigorous and stretchy, many budsites and promising a great show :) Had some work with her canopy management, now she's ready to grow some buds.
A good show already:

picture.php

Canopy
picture.php

She's constantly with clawed leaves, no issues apart that.

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Line 1 is doing great, a peculiar plant with some traits I dislike(upward leaves, bud structure, little stretch) but still overall very interesting.

Line 1 flowers
picture.php

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Already february, time's flying crazy fast.

A5Malawi is a stunner, continues to impress me every time I look at her. Initially I was a bit negative towards her, had mixed feelings on how she would grow under these conditions and it turns out she's probably the best canopy filler so far. Stretch will soon be over, the tall branches are now filled with budsited and will continue to fill in proper hazy fashion. A really strong plant, also the clones were the first to root.

A5M - Winter Haze
picture.php

Meanwhile the Line1 plant has a much quicker tempo, her flowers seem more mature at this stage and continue to grow in the tight upward cup pattern. The plant suffered some N deficency while I was away for a few days, yellows fast at the peak of her needs. In all honesty I'm glad she did that, now the fan leaves are much easier to spot and take off, makes it easy to defoliate along the way.

Line 1
picture.php

The terpenes indicate a strong Panama presence(lemon cream), probably with a blend of nepalese/taskenti influence(pine, hash). Can't comment much on that because I only examined the male by the fan leaves taste and crumbled plant material smell. There is something similar in the background though, not much malawi influence to be seen.

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Things go forward nicely, no problems whatsoever.

A5 x Malawi
picture.php

Line 1(A5M in the back on left)
picture.php

Cheers

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Koondense,

Glad you are liking the Killer A5 Haze more and more as she progresses in flowering ;)
Looks very healthy and happy so far.

Koondense

Veteran
Heya,
indeed she's a happy plant! I'm loving her development :) Looks like a balanced blend of both parents.

A5 x Malawi
picture.php

I feel these colas will get pretty thick quite soon :)

Meanwhile Line1 is reflowering, I'm thinking of shortening the days to 10,5/13,5.
picture.php

Cheers

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
The Killer A5 Haze is going to produce really nice colas friend ;)

Your Line 1 hybrid seems to be showing plenty of Panama flowering traits so far.