What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kicking Caffeine

Cuddles

I´ve not been getting enough sleep lately and I´m on my 4th coffee right now - not good!!!!
I usually have 2 cups in the morning and maybe one in the afternoon.

asher1er

Veteran
So i didn't find etsy but it seems etsy found me :tiphat:

Been testing these caps from @Douglas.Curtis and they are definitely a great pick me upper. The only reason id try and kick the caffeine is due to the amount of sugar in the coffee i do drink. For those that know, cuban coffee is 70%sugar 30%coffee:ROFLMAO:

So the first few days i went without the coffee just to try the caps and sure enough they give you a swift quick kick in the ass to get up and go lol. I do notice with the coffee about an hour or 2 into work my anxiety kicks up a notch or 2 but i don't seem to be getting that while taking the caps.

Been a bit crazy at work but i'll chime in later when i get into the larger samples :tiphat: :joint:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
:tiphat:
The synergy makes less caffeine work better. Glad they're working well, I find them immensely useful myself. Love the smooth kick.

(Edit: You should have zero jitters or anxiety with them, even the ES 'Big Ones' lol)

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Wondering if GreenFocus would curb the headache, even though it is a much lower caffeine dose then we (us caffeine users) usually use. It really is significantly different than what most of us are used to, the whole being greater than the sum of the parts. ;)

tdlf!

well worth persevering amigo.
i quit coffee as it was increasing my anxiety, now i buy decaf teas and some decaf coffee.
also caffeine in the morning is particularly counter productive and inevitably leads to increased consumption
consider this, your brain produces chemicals/hormones to wake you from sleeping, adding coffee presumably disrupts this and really starts the day wrong imo.
rather much better save the occasional coffee for late afternoon or evening when you may actually require a boost in energy

RobFromTX

water, water and more , don´t worry it will pass. And when it does you´ll enjoy the feeling :) got any tea-green or regular black, because they can help
I hope youre right man. My head feels like its about to explode. Teas just not my cup of tea. I dont like the taste. My brother in law tried to convert me by serving me a macha latte a week ago and i almost vomited. I mean man was that gross:oops:

RobFromTX

well worth persevering amigo.
i quit coffee as it was increasing my anxiety, now i buy decaf teas and some decaf coffee.
also caffeine in the morning is particularly counter productive and inevitably leads to increased consumption
consider this, your brain produces chemicals/hormones to wake you from sleeping, adding coffee presumably disrupts this and really starts the day wrong imo.
rather much better save the occasional coffee for late afternoon or evening when you may actually require a boost in energy
Part of the reason i decided to give it up is because of all the positive feedback online from folks who stopped using it. It would make this transition more smooth if i didn't work a night shift though. I can tell you that

Cuddles

I hope youre right man. My head feels like its about to explode. Teas just not my cup of tea. I dont like the taste. My brother in law tried to convert me by serving me a macha latte a week ago and i almost vomited. I mean man was that gross:oops:
Macha latte is with milk, right? well, matcha or milk in tea is not to everybodys taste. I bet there´s a kind of green or black tea you´ll like somewhere out there. :)

I did a quick gogglesearch for tea which tastes like coffee and this came up :
Assam Black tea is considered number one when it comes to choosing teas that taste like coffee due to its high levels of caffeine and rich malty flavours. Other favourites are Beijing Black Tea, Irish Breakfast tea or Russian Caravan that can be a great option to replace your morning cup of coffee

Iff you don´t find one, then swap it for a fresh taste instead such as fresh fruit juice, fresh lemonade or even a tea which is not black or green (something fruity perhaps?)

RobFromTX

Macha latte is with milk, right? well, matcha or milk in tea is not to everybodys taste. I bet there´s a kind of green or black tea you´ll like somewhere out there. :)

I did a quick gogglesearch for tea which tastes like coffee and this came up :
Assam Black tea is considered number one when it comes to choosing teas that taste like coffee due to its high levels of caffeine and rich malty flavours. Other favourites are Beijing Black Tea, Irish Breakfast tea or Russian Caravan that can be a great option to replace your morning cup of coffee

Iff you don´t find one, then swap it for a fresh taste instead such as fresh fruit juice, fresh lemonade or even a tea which is not black or green (something fruity perhaps?)
Yes with milk. I never liked coffee espressos either but i thought id try it out. Ive tried many different teas and the best ive had id say is oolong. The terrible taste came after the cup was finished instead of during😁

chilliwilli

Waterboy
You could try white tea. It's very light in taste but can make some strong brew.

Cuddles

Yes with milk. I never liked coffee espressos either but i thought id try it out. Ive tried many different teas and the best ive had id say is oolong. The terrible taste came after the cup was finished instead of during😁
I think I still got oolong in the kitchen. I should finish it, assuming it´s still okay.
I know what you mean about taste. I have had so many herb teas over the years - dandelion, damiana, gotu kola, nettle and so on. Too bad that the really healthy stuff tastes like crap!

St. Phatty

I find that if you consume little enough Cannabis, smoking a little has an effect similar to Caffeine.

But for me, the limit is about 2 puffs a day, i.e. light it, inhale, that's one puff.

Like smoking 1/3 or 1/2 a joint maybe.

RobFromTX

I find that if you consume little enough Cannabis, smoking a little has an effect similar to Caffeine.

But for me, the limit is about 2 puffs a day, i.e. light it, inhale, that's one puff.

Like smoking 1/3 or 1/2 a joint maybe.
Oh same here. The beauty of cannabis is knowing your limitations. A little goes a long way now

Latest posts

Latest posts