What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Karma Genetics Chem Tini and Rado Z testers

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
So time for a update.

I was a little slow getting these plants into the next stage. So I slowed them a little and they stretched some.

When I sanitized my NFT tray the drain hose came out of the bucket so all the bleach solution drained on the floor instead of circulating. So that added to the delay.

But that only delayed it a day longer.

So here are the Chem Tini plants today.

Here is a close up of one of the bigger plants on the left.

Here is one of the smaller plants on the right. You can see the stretch I was talking about.

Here is a root shot from one of the bigger ones.

You can clearly see the algae I have been fighting. I don't get it when the tray is full. But the smaller number of plants has been allowing it to grow in the groves of the tray. To fight it I have been switching the bucket that feed the tray every couple days.

So here is the set up description of what you see.

The pump is a Ecoplus 396 pump. It runs for 15 minutes four times a day.

I am running full strength nutes threw it. It is the same as what I ran in my LED vert scrog thread.

Over head I am running 195 watts of LED light.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
So out of the 12 Chem Tini seeds 11 popped up. One didn't for some reason. Not sure why but it didn't. Then I killed two by accident. The cubes I have them in dried out before the roots could reach the water in the tray. So I killed two by accident.

I did catch that the cubes were drying out before any more died. To fix this I just dipped the dry cubes into a weak nute solution.

Now on the Rado Z I have three of the five seeds up. Two didn't come up. But the Rado Z look very nice. A little shorter than the Chem Tini.

Here are the Rado Z plants.

So I have 12 plants going right now.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I potted 4 of the Chemtini today.

Here is one of the 4 before I potted it. The plant stake is 6 inches long so you can judge the size from that.

I left these in the NFT tray till they get a little bigger with more roots.

The three on the left above are the RadoZ plants.

Latest posts

Latest posts