What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kali Mist or Western Winds

StickyBandit

First duck arrived today :p
WWinds.jpg

StickyBandit

These 2 will give me an idea of what direction I want to head and see which way the strains went after they parted ways, way back when...
I was going to get some of the older Kali Mist but the payment methods don't suit me
Just have to finish up some grows and then these can go in
Does anyone have any grow tips for training and feeding?

Last edited:

romanoweed

I bought the Western Winds Sagarmatha. There were nicely longflowering Phenos in it . After spending time for research i was leaning thowards them beeing more to the Sativalovers Taste.

BUT, i had 10 plants regulars, and found not a single Male.. So i dont know why, but i am shure it was written Regular also on the pack.. dont know, i would rather grow as many as possible. The high was bingo overall !

StickyBandit

I bought the Western Winds Sagarmatha. There were nicely longflowering Phenos in it . After spending time for research i was leaning thowards them beeing more to the Sativalovers Taste.

BUT, i had 10 plants regulars, and found not a single Male.. So i dont know why, but i am shure it was written Regular also on the pack.. dont know, i would rather grow as many as possible. The high was bingo overall !
Thanks for the experience input (y)

If that is the case and I have no males for the Western Winds I will look at either cubing using a Kali Mist male from my current lot OR/AND purchase the Kali mist from 93 stock mentioned on the previous page and use that male as a pollen donor as well as keeping the Kali Mist '93 strain pure.
I don't necessarily want long flowering phenos, I would prefer shorter flowering but with all the desirable effects and power if that's possible
Getting ahead of myself but it's nice to imagine :)

goingrey

isn't WW the original pre 2000 KM?. I don't remember SAG ever changing the parents as SS did.
He said it right here on ICMag...

Sagarmatha said:
after some interaction with the local police we were forced to create new material from seed stock that was selected from our earliest breeding efforts to try to maintain the original integrety

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
He said it right here on ICMag...

Isn't that the same thing that serious seeds went through in their 1st change? I thought the guys at Sag worked with SS?. Was both of their original stock at the same location? Serious seeds change KM 2x. After the 2000 incident, no other changes were made to WW?. Im pretty sure Sag and Serious both had the same KM plants. I thought I read that SAG changed the name so there was no confusion but both are identical genetics originally. Sag used seeds made from their WW for the new version.. Serious used an Indica to shorten the flowering times. WW would be closer to the original KM than SS is?.

Last edited:

goingrey

Isn't that the same thing that serious seeds went through in there 1st change? I thought the guys at Sag worked with SS?. Was both of their patent stock at the same location? Serious seeds change KM 2x. After the 2000 incident, no other changes were made to WW?.
I think they were already separated then. A lot of breeders in NL got busted around the same time due to laws changing, that's why a lot of seed production went to first Switzerland then Spain?

StickyBandit

isn't WW the original pre 2000 KM?. I don't remember SAG ever changing the parents as SS did.
This is the way I read it also. Sag used the straight seed stock and SS made some changes

I was reading a C99 thread and the smoke description similarities are intriguing. Anyone else notice this?

RobertFripp

I spoke to Dave via email and it sounds like this could be the real deal
Here's what he had to say
"The Kali mist is from 93 stock increased by thelostoros it was f3 , I just picked the best females to make f4 then used the longer run females for f5 , so it’s a 12-13 week sativa leaner "
Yes, Id also believe what Dave says. I myself would also buy some of the AKBeanBrains Kali Mist to compare them. Daves is the earliest version, before being tampered with, with Indica. Ive got 5 packs of Daves, but havent grown them. Dave is also very generous with freebies. I usually ask him if I can just have freebies of one of the strains I bought, and a bunch of times, if not all, he just gave me a whole pack of whatever I asked for, plus some others, many that havent been released. But he usually gives a free pack of what you ask for. I ordered 4 packs of Kali Mist, and he gave me one free extra pack to make 5, and about 3 other strains, and one strain he gave me 20 seeds. I also ordered the NL5 x Haze, and asked for extra seeds of it, an got a whole pack free.

But I have to believe Dave has the purest of the original Kali Mist.

StickyBandit

Yes, Id also believe what Dave says. I myself would also buy some of the AKBeanBrains Kali Mist to compare them. Daves is the earliest version, before being tampered with, with Indica. Ive got 5 packs of Daves, but havent grown them. Dave is also very generous with freebies. I usually ask him if I can just have freebies of one of the strains I bought, and a bunch of times, if not all, he just gave me a whole pack of whatever I asked for, plus some others, many that havent been released. But he usually gives a free pack of what you ask for. I ordered 4 packs of Kali Mist, and he gave me one free extra pack to make 5, and about 3 other strains, and one strain he gave me 20 seeds. I also ordered the NL5 x Haze, and asked for extra seeds of it, an got a whole pack free.

But I have to believe Dave has the purest of the original Kali Mist.
While Dave has a great version, no doubt, he has been breeding to extend the flowering time and accentuating the sativa qualities.
The shorter flowering time and good strength and quality that @@hempy speaks of are more in line with what I'm looking for although I may come back to Dave's offering at a later date and maybe even look at breeding it with the WW :)

Last edited:

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Im waiting on some Serious seed Kali Mist.... From what Ive read... They tried to shorten flower times by adding some indica.... After that they backcrossed to the sativa to tilt favor towards sativa again... So technically the current version is more sativa than the people claiming it is more indica and broad leafed now.. Also more selected, and vigorous than the original release... So it should be superior quality...
I just popped a bunch of stuff so hopefully Kali Mist makes it here in time before i run outta space... I put in germ 90s Ohaze, MrNice SSH, Zamal x TomHillHaze, My Holographic Haze (OaxacanDurbanPaki x NigerianMangohaze), some Kerala Indian landrace, and some BlueberrySativa bx X ThaiMalawiPPP I made.

Last edited: