What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Just got my water test results, and my PPM is 923 total. I Have An RO System. In your Opinion, should i Use The RO Water to grow Organic with?

MajorGrindage

I have attached a picture of the results.

My water is 923 total ppm.
I already have a RO system installed.
Through my research, 923 sounds crazy high to grow with, so im thinking i should use the RO water.

My Question:
I will be growing in organic soil (build a soil 3.0)

Based on these results, in your opinon should i grow with my RO water rather than tap, since the ppm is so high?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Screen Shot 2024-04-04 at 5.01.39 PM.png

Lumpy-Gravy

The report doesn’t mention calcium and magnesium. Usually you’d like these in a 3:1 ratio. My water hardness changes sometimes as much as 0.25 …. You not got an EC truncheon you can nab to check for sure what’s what?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
The report doesn’t mention calcium and magnesium. Usually you’d like these in a 3:1 ratio. My water hardness changes sometimes as much as 0.25 …. You not got an EC truncheon you can nab to check for sure what’s what?
When this water test states it has 560 ppm of hardness that's pretty much saying calcium and magnesium. What ratio is not stated because it's a low-budget test. I don't even see a pH on the test. Maybe there are other pages to this one.

Lumpy-Gravy

I dunno where folk are based but my regional water company have it on their website. Pop the postcode of your residence in and a detailed report, I believe, including pH comes up. Britain used to take clean water seriously but it’ll soon be like continental Europe where drinking from the tap is a big no no unless you want to shit brown water for a week. Poor stewardship of a once fine nation …