What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

jewerly

pack a bowl

i need tips on how you fine women here on IC find jewelry. I don't want to break the TOS, but i just want to know how you ladies find your wares. Do you find buying online to be "risky"? even if it is directly from the artist? any tips would be greatly appreciated! :joint:

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
hey pack a bowl!

I usually go to department stores to find jewelry, but sometimes i go to firemountaingems.com and they have already pre-made jewelry..i especially like to buy their strands of freshwater pearls. the price depends on the size, but it won't break the bank! their customer service is great, too. other than that, i've never bought high-priced jewelry online. i like to see before i buy.

pack a bowl

what about glass focal pendants, i'd love to hear where people get theirs and any other information :) would you not buy high-priced glass online?

slowcheetah

ICMag Donor
I make glass beads and jewelry as a hobby for friends and family. Most jewelry supply stores carry bulk beads and are easy to find. The only drawback to this is they all look alike. Look online for local bead makers, or glass workers. You might pay a little more, but your jewelry can be made to match that perfect outfit! Good luck!

slowcheetah

ICMag Donor
Are you looking for fine, costume, or just wear it every so often jewelry? I know that Sam Moon is a great place for cute stuff that doesnt cost too much. If you have a local jewelry supply store you can find a contact for custom made jewelry of any kind. Department store fine jewelry is much too expensive for the quality. Although you can find great pieces, it takes a good eye. Small jewelry makers have a better choice of fine stones because they are buying in lower numbers and have less overhead and pass the savings on to you! Firemountain also has has very nice selection! I will ask my jeweler friends and see who they reccomend.Good luck!