What's new

Jean-Paul Belmondo has passed

Cuddles

I just came across the news online - Jean-Paul Belmondo sadly died a few days ago at the age of 88.

I grew up watching his films on TV.

RIP

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
RIP to one of the greats!

He was often described as fugly but sexy as hell. The French have a special word for it but I can't remember it. :kiss:

Cuddles

RIP to one of the greats!

He was often described as fugly but sexy as hell. The French have a special word for it but I can't remember it. :kiss:

average Homme? :biggrin:
He wasn´t my idea of a horny looking bloke but I liked him on screen because he had an expressive face ( a must for an actor in many ways imo). They don´t offer us actors who are really unique much these days - I´m thinking Hollywood in particular ;)

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
average Homme? :biggrin:
He wasn´t my idea of a horny looking bloke but I liked him on screen because he had an expressive face ( a must for an actor in many ways imo). They don´t offer us actors who are really unique much these days - I´m thinking Hollywood in particular ;)

I hear ya on that Cuddles, I've recently discovered Acorn TV, a collection of older UK TV series, Doc Martin, George Gently, Vera etc., so refreshing and totally un-hollywood, real people with alla their complexities and NO PLASTIC!

Cuddles

I hear ya on that Cuddles, I've recently discovered Acorn TV, a collection of older UK TV series, Doc Martin, George Gently, Vera etc., so refreshing and totally un-hollywood, real people with alla their complexities and NO PLASTIC!

You got a sat dish? I wish I could afford one ... I don´t know that channel at all. Is Acorn an american channel or a british one - the name does sound british.

I do like Martin Clunes, he used to be in a sitcom called Men behaving badly :) That´s the first time I recall seing him in. I also like him as a host on Have I got news for you.
I´ve always admired Brenda Blethyn as an actress. I´ve got a number of Vera episodes on my external hard drive :) One thing I like (privately) is that she´s gained a fair bit of weight over the years and nobody gives a f*ck!!! I like that! :kiss:
As far as I know she used to be a stage actress ie that´s where she started out. How many Hollywood stars have that on their CV these days? Not many I´m sure.

I rely on OTR to download stuff in english language even though they don´t offer all channels.

Latest posts

Latest posts