What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Japans treasure - 90 year old woman grows hemp

There is a wonderful documentary called "Living Treasures of Japan". One of the treasures featured is a 90 year old woman who weaves her own indigo cloth made from scratch from hemp. She does it all herself, from planting hemp and dye to weaving it on an antique loom. She has been doing it since she was 14 and she is one of the happiest people I have ever seen.

Here is a 5 minute excerpt that features her. If you just want to see her hemp field it is about 2 minutes in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MttaUPpb6h4&feature=related

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
She died 30 years ago. Imagine the wonderful stories she could have told about hemp.

_Ina_

Veteran
Hi guys! I saw that klip about that women! She was amazing and i wanna be like her one day:) But did she smoked it?: May be.

verdecielo

not trying to offend anybody but blame it to USA politics,
i have nothing against americans but the people that takes decisions every country they touch is taken away its culture through the oppression
Now Cannabis is so wrongly view is this country, and this customs are almost lost

Latest posts

Latest posts