What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

JACKS Three Ring Circus!!!

JACKtheREFFER

No Longer a Human Watering Can
Veteran
Hello all
*** This really is not a box grow any more i still use the box for veg but i have moved flowering into its own room. I like to keep a single thread open to chronicle my changes *****
dont let these first pics fool ya this does get better
This is my first real post, I just moved to a new location and for the first time I feel my grow room will be worthy of its own thread upon completion ,, so here it goes
***EDIT 6-16-09**** MY THREAD IS A YEAR OLD TODAY LETS HAVE A SMOKE *******
picture.php

picture.php

I am a soil grower all the plants are grown in a mixed soil and fed with Advanced Nutrients sensi line

My flowering room is a large box 47 inches wide by 95 inches long and 49 in wide I am still in the construction phase but it is getting close so I had to share the progress.. I will be painting the outside to a less wild color scheme,, but I got the doors off a previous cabinet to save on some cash ….so they’ll do for now

My lighting setup for flowering is 3 x 600 hps in cool tubes that will be drafted by two blowers a 365 blowing in and a 500 cfm sucking out..there is also two 400 hps with hortilux bulbs in gull wing reflectors that later on will be converted to cool tubes for a total 2600 watt flowering room…I will be attaching all the venting to the cool tubes in the morning as well as lining the bottom with poly material and the walls with Mylar

All the lights are converted to 240 volt and will be powered off of a 30amp 240 volt dryer circuit using this C.A.P. lighting controller

And to cool the box I have a 15,000 btu A/C that blows right into the chamber

The strains that are going in the room soon are Papaya, Mountain mist X Kalimist A.K.A. Moe mist , green crack, Og Kush, K2 and Aroura indica

The cloning bukct pictured here is all green crack and one og kush clone I plan on filling this bucket as much as I can until the box is full

Like I said this setup is all still under construction im going to post more as progress continues…
I could always use a little advise or criticism from those who KNOW more then I
Later
Jack

Last edited:
B

Bigtimer7

badass dude!

lets see this SHIZ going! Mad props throw um in that bia!!!

fatal1

Damn, thats some serious light for that box! :headbange I guess that AC was a must. Your soil mix looks like it has some coco in it. What mix are you running? I thought about keeping some mom's in 100% coco but I think I'm gonna use a soil mix. Are you planning on LST'ing or SCROG'ing?
Looks good bud. Keep us updated..

F/\\T/\\L out

JACKtheREFFER

Veteran
Fatal -- thanks man.. :wave: . yea the a/c is absolutely needed , my soil is 90% sunshine mix with remaining 10% supersoil on top to hold in moisture ....all the plants will be kept short with a short veg cycle i might put in a screen i havent decided ...hopefully theyll stay short and centralized to single or dual colas ..

i got the mylar up today and some venting done so the box is about ready..... the plants are about a week from being ready for transplant and another week before i can begin 12/12 so i have time to finish...

so stay tuned :headbange :

fatal1

I'll be watching and waiting. I'll be paying close attention to that Aroura indica. I've heard great things about those suckers. It should be fun...
Later

ps. I just noticed your LED's over the clones in the cups! Any feedback for those? :no: or :yes:

JACKtheREFFER

Veteran
hey thanks fatal1 for the positive thoughts ... ive had a couple rounds with aurora indica before i moved its sweet smoke ....personally i cant wait for og kush .....

yes that is a l.e.d. light i have 4 square panels ive used it both in flowering and veg they work good, but better in veg,,, i think they just dont have the power yet to beat out h.i.d. lights especially considering how expensive they are. but they do work in conjunction with hid as a dark spot filler cause they can be really close to the plants ...so over all IMHO i say not worth it yet , hopefully soon theyll have some thing new and better that burns less watts ....

Last edited:

JACKtheREFFER

Veteran
whats up here is a little update

the flower chamber is about complete along with the 240 volt ballast conversion and dryer plug lighting controler is ready to go

the clones are starting to root so they will be ready to
into soil by tomorrow

some pics

so stay tuned we will be up and flowering soon
:joint:

JACKtheREFFER

Veteran
hello
this has been a rough patch first off my computer died due to a power outage ...also the same power outage killed my clones.. they where still in the cloner bucket and i was at work so by the time i got to them they were to far gone i only managed to save 13 of them

seven of which have started the flowering cycle , for about five days now here they are

green crack flowering

just thought i would point out the temp displayed in the above pic

my mums are great i will be taking more cuts from the green crack soon to replace the lost babies by then all the other mums including the remaining og kush will be ready to take cuts from

heres all the mums

there also is seven more kush that will be going under the hps in a few days here is a couple of those guys

i still have plenty of space to fill in the cab so as soon as the next set of cuts are ready they will be in place to fill it up

every thing is moving slow it seems but i hopefully i will have more impressive posts as things progress

jack :joint:

JACKtheREFFER

Veteran
also on a side note i know alot of us are animal lovers as well. i have a cat who will eat plants to their death .. if it was a nibble here and there i would be cool with it but she will devourer every one to the ground

so preventative measures where needed

this actually started as three gates which worked , until she learned how to climb them so i had to add the cardboard to fill in the gap at the top
:spank: thats a bad kitty

JACKtheREFFER

Veteran
here is a mini update
i took cuttings to replace the ones lost in the power outage.... i also trans planted the remaining clones into 3 gallons bags and are going in the cab tonight with the rest for flowering here is some pics of the new cuts and the mothers post pruning ..

JACKtheREFFER

Veteran
hello again
ive been taking pictures so i figured id give a couple pic updates

here is the flowering box the plants with a little bud starting to form are about 14 days into flowering and the others are about 5 days

here is the next round of clones consisting of mountain mist, green crack, kush platinum , and papaya

here is the papayaa mom

the kush mom

here is a couple group shots

this one i just like

well thats it for now ...

JACKtheREFFER

Veteran
just adding some pics to the collection

here is some pics of my new favorite prize plant ....
mountain mist X Kalimist A.K.A. MoeMist :D

check these ladies out

here is some clones of the MM

:D

JACKtheREFFER

Veteran
hello all
all is well.... i have transplanted the second round of clones to soil and refilled the cloning bucket with round three of clones ....the flowering cab is holding up good temp is holding around 70 F which is pretty good considering the garage is 89-95 degress during the day
here is another pic update

here are the flowering green cracks and one kush the tall one on the right

here is a better look at a flowering green crack

a group mother shot

round three clones

recently transplanted to soil round two

here is some kush clones

here is a Moe mist clone

these three are greencrack

and a group clone shot

ok thats it for now stay safe :joint:

metamorf

looks sweet man..

one thing though, having that AC that close to the plants might not be the best thing since it's going to be blowing very cold air straight at them?

JACKtheREFFER

Veteran
metamorf said:
looks sweet man..

one thing though, having that AC that close to the plants might not be the best thing since it's going to be blowing very cold air straight at them?

yea i thought about that too the bags and pots im using are actually taller then the a/c so they do protect a little. also i am moving the third 600 and both 400 s lights so when the cab is at full capacity there will be a buffer area so the plants will be about a foot away from the a/c vent.... the vent is pointed at the ground too for that reason..... i have also had some thoughts of building a deflector to direct it even more if necessary but looking doubtfull at this point ......besides even if i don't use any measures to deflect the cold air , ive had setups in the past with the a/c blowing right on the plants (with in 6 inches) with not really any trouble ..so im not to worried about it ...they seem to like the temps the cab holds thanks for the thoughts man metamorf :joint:

JACKtheREFFER

Veteran
greetings all

here is another update of my garden >>>>>>>>

the flowering cab is working well it is only at about 1/3 capacity but that will be changing real soon >>>> 7 of the ladies on 12/12 cycle have had a couple rounds of fertz now and are starting to get frosty>> and are now about 20-30 days from harvest >>> the remaining three are about 12-14 days behind that

the intermediate clones are looking good to >>>that shelf is just about full now :rasta: so the flowering cab should be at capacity soon

finally the clone bucket still has some occupants that are rooting they should be ready to transplant as soon as the intermediate shelf is cleared out >>>>

as soon as the bucket is empty i will fill it back up >>>>the mothers really need a trim

thats it for now >>>>all i hear is crickets

hazy

Veteran
hey Jack, :wave:
You asked for criticism and comments, well there's not a lot to criticize so far, but there's a hell of a lot to comment on. I'll start with those LED lights. nice. I've been wondering how well they worked. You have them over your clones?
So you have 3 600s and 2 400s, damn. Lots of light.
You've got some nice strains going, those green crack look real good.
How big are those grow bags? I would say you should have vegged longer in them, but your shit looks better than mine, so don't listen to me. :pointlaug
I didn't notice a carbon scrubber.Maybe one of those carbon fiber filters would be good for your setup. you can blow through them or suck through them, so you can use them on either end of your tube.
carbon fiber filter
http://www.hydroponics.net/c/497

you have a box that's going to pump out buds once you get it going full blast.
Great clones too.

Last edited:

JACKtheREFFER

Veteran
what's up hazy
thanks for the kind words ....

yes the leds are over the clone as far as im concerned the leds are only good in vegetative state ... but do work good .... just not very strong compared to hid ......

those are 5 gallon bags .... and yes i agree the gk was started about a week to early so lesson learned on that .....
next round should be golden

very observant I have no air filter surprisingly the cab contains about 90 % of the smell and what does escape cannot be smelled outside and I use some strong air freshners that seem to cover it up the rest of way
within the garage ....however as the number of sticky plants increase it may be necessary ... which i hope to keep it as full as possible from now on and get some serious green

thanks again for the props
stay green

Last edited:

JACKtheREFFER

Veteran
pic update

had a few clones die off for no apparent reason plants were watered and good . i transplanted them into 5 gallons and the next morning >>>> withered to shit ...i have no clue why this has never happen before , so that sucks but other then that...
here is the green crack getting closer

here is a kush

and here is the clones all waiting to get there place under the hid's

and one that is going in as a tester to see how big the GC will get with longer veg......

hazy

Veteran
man things are looking good in the big box. caligreen had some green crack early in his thread. good looking smoke. frosty buds.

Latest posts

Latest posts