What's new

Issues with Visa when ordering

InhaleKindBud

Has anyone else had issues with Visa when ordering from Canada?
My transactions keep getting refused and refunded?
5 euros vs 20 for direct bank transaction is a killer for us Canadians who's dollar equals nothing.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Sounds like they may think you are a criminal. You need to call the bank where you get your card and tell them you are making an international transaction and stop blocking your transactions. They do it to keep your money safe. 😎

InhaleKindBud

My mistake I should have read the FAQ. As it says :
"Most of the cards from Canada are not compatible with our card payment processor."
Another reason Canada sucks. Cheers

Swamp Thang

Veteran
My mistake I should have read the FAQ. As it says :
"Most of the cards from Canada are not compatible with our card payment processor."
Another reason Canada sucks. Cheers
Canada is one of the most efficiently run countries on this planet. Loved every minute of my visit there back in 2017, and I was amazed at the sheer epic magnitude of the wide-open countryside there. Canada is an outdoorsman's paradise. When you roam a little further afield, you'll come to appreciate your homeland all the more.

Apologies for the digression away from the subject matter here. If your credit card doesn't work, some seed banks will accept PayPal remittances. Even if PayPal isn't listed on their website as a valid payment method, you might be able to persuade them to accept it on a "just this once" basis. I know because I have done this with an unnamed UK seed vendor.

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
I always wonder why people are not able to contact a seller/shop when they had problems... they ask in a forum but not ask the seller direct!? :unsure: Kind of strange.

👉 [email protected]

20 for direct bank transaction
Maybe get some more seeds for the future or ask friends if they want to order with you too. When you are ordering for 100€ you get free shipping and a good amount of bonus seeds too. :)

FREE SEEDS PROMOTION FOR 2022​

For orders between (excluding shipping costs):
25 € to 49 € we add 1 Orient Express feminized seed for free.
50 € to 74 € we add 2 Bangi Haze feminized seeds for free.
75 € to 99 € we add 3 Panama x Bangi Haze feminized seeds for free.
For every 100 € of purchase, we pay the shipping costs and you can choose for free:
10 standard seeds for free to choose between the following strains: ACE Mix, Tropical Mix, Hokkaido Japan, Nepal Annapurna, Nepal Mist or Ethiopian
Or 5 feminized seeds for free to choose between the following feminized strains: ACE Mix, Tropical Mix, Bangi Haze, CBD #1 or Violeta.

Last edited:

Maple_Flail

Bank transfer is unfortunately the only option for Canada, then you run into Canada does not track packages from Spain. all of these things are outside of Ace's control.

running the math, unless you are getting one pack of something, it is worth, as long as you are getting a couple hundred worth of seed

20 euro = 26-27$ canadian.. that is about the same as conversion fees + 5% processing

otherwise, true north SB is their authorized Canadian retailer check out their selection

blondie

When Ace still shipped to the US, I had this same issue with multiple credit cards. Ace told me it’s my bank and to contact them. My bank told me it’s not them but the seller has a block on certain things and to contact them. I sent cash instead. I wish Ace would ship to the states. Surprised they still ship to Canada. Just can’t get what I want here.

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
Is it legal to import seeds in canada?

If so, maybe get a IC Friend in Europe who is then sending you the seeds and you can pay him with PP. ;)

Maple_Flail

Is it legal to import seeds in canada?

If so, maybe get a IC Friend in Europe who is then sending you the seeds and you can pay him with PP. ;)

Can be, but in most of these situations.... eh... i'm gunna pretend to be American on this one and plead the 5th

The government does offer importation permits, but not to just anyone, need to have proper licenses and what not... and it is a one time thing per registered entity...and it completely onerous to complete...
so...:geek:

Legalcdn

I had the same problem. Mastercard issued by costco. The issue is with the authentication. When i used the BMO mastercard that was setup with text/phone with extra code, it worked. You have to activate this feature or you get an auto failed transaction.

Its called 3D secure. Suspicious transaction generates an additional text/phone call to verify.

Last edited:

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
I just had to unlock the secure feature in general for my prepaid mastercard from my bank(which uses the app S-ID Check) for online transactions. I think it depends on the bank and country.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @Consolidated we expect card payment will be back soon on our website, sorry for the inconvenience.

We have many retailers with card payment such as Seedsman:

Send me an email in case you have trouble to find the ACE stock you want with card payment.