What's new

Is this true? - Low Odor Marijuana Strains

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕
I have grown Northern Light before. It is true. It's very low odour. Very stealthy.

Cuddles

thanks, I´ve become sceptical of some descriptions. Lowryder is suppose to be low odour too but my one tiny plant with it´s few small silly buds has been stinking up my flat!

UFOpilot

Some years ago I grew Mexican Sativa (Sensi Seeds).
They also had low odour.
They can grow big,but you can keep them short.
I liked them a lot.

Cuddles

I keep going back to bubble chum gum and the auto version. Has anyone ever grown these? I keep wondering if it really does smell of chewing gum or more of weed after all.
And how do ruderalis (used to create autos) smell anyway?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Cuddles, Ruderalis is a plant that thrives on the edge of growing zones and is exposed to extreme environments. These plants protect themselves from intense heat and cold by producing smaller leaves and by using water-saving methods of photosynthesis (such as Crassulacean acid metabolism), by growing protective hairs to deflect sunlight, or by producing thin leaves that cool down easily in a breeze or waxy leaves that transpire. Wild Ruderalis are smelly!😎

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I know the smell of northern, like a melody that won't go away.
I guess expectations are in play. Agent Orange stinks, but I couldn't believe it wasn't sprayed on until I did it myself.
Low rider might not be a problem, if you had a robotic lawn mower covering what the smell was, 24/7
11 Roses might be fine, if you planted lots of wild flowers.

It has to smell, as smell is taste. Without smell, the product would be poor.

Cuddles

Cuddles, Ruderalis is a plant that thrives on the edge of growing zones and is exposed to extreme environments. These plants protect themselves from intense heat and cold by producing smaller leaves and by using water-saving methods of photosynthesis (such as Crassulacean acid metabolism), by growing protective hairs to deflect sunlight, or by producing thin leaves that cool down easily in a breeze or waxy leaves that transpire. Wild Ruderalis are smelly!😎

thank you :) For some reason I had assumed the´re not that odorous lol. dunno why I thought that ?
I wonder what the smoke of a pure rudaralis is like...

Amynamous

I know the smell of northern, like a melody that won't go away.
I guess expectations are in play. Agent Orange stinks, but I couldn't believe it wasn't sprayed on until I did it myself.
Low rider might not be a problem, if you had a robotic lawn mower covering what the smell was, 24/7
11 Roses might be fine, if you planted lots of wild flowers.

It has to smell, as smell is taste. Without smell, the product would be poor.

I strongly disagree. I have grown out a few low odor strains, and the product was very, very good. The cure brought out the terpenes and smelled divine in the jars, and the quality of the high was also very good.

JustGrowing420

I strongly disagree. I have grown out a few low odor strains, and the product was very, very good. The cure brought out the terpenes and smelled divine in the jars, and the quality of the high was also very good.

So it smelled after all, it just needed a cure. I agree that smell plays a very big role in the small details of taste.
Taste in itself is only able to discern between five types: sweet, sour, bitter, salty and umami.
With the passage of smell over our taste buds and nasal passage combined with actual taste, the brain gives the false sense that this is what we taste as a whole.

In taste testing you inhale the smoke then pass it through the nose after holding it in your mouth or something like that...

SamsonsRiddle

C99 from female seeds is not exactly low odor, but the smell is nothing that you would associate with cannabis. blue mystic can be low odor or have the strongest smell of blueberry coffee weed.

moose eater

Royal Queen's 'Power Flower' comes to mind; mine had fairly low odor in bloom, but very noteworthy taste and smell afterward. Good weed that lived up to its name.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
So it smelled after all, it just needed a cure. I agree that smell plays a very big role in the small details of taste.
Taste in itself is only able to discern between five types: sweet, sour, bitter, salty and umami.
With the passage of smell over our taste buds and nasal passage combined with actual taste, the brain gives the false sense that this is what we taste as a whole.

In taste testing you inhale the smoke then pass it through the nose after holding it in your mouth or something like that...

Smell and taste are two routes to the same part of your brain. With wine tasting, a lot is released as it spreads and warms within you, so the exhale is part of the tasting process. You should really taste test, as you expect to consume the goods. Nothing else is relevant. Though some daft wine merchant will probably talk about the knock down effect of been hit over the head with it, if that makes them seem more knowledgeable.

I think it's dogs that taste more on the exhale than any other time. Quickly snorting up a sample, and then savouring it after some reaction. It was just a side story to keep the class interested.

Most things smell better after a cure. There is only so much you can gain though. This might take somebodies nose from below to above the threshold they think of as mattering. We are so unevenly matched though. With sight, some need glasses. With hearing, some can hear the better bit-rate. With smell, we have all said 'can you smell that' yet seem unaware that some noses are 100 times better than others, in random test groups. Which makes this very subjective.

Some white strains don't appeal to me. They taste 'milky' some say. They are certainly low odour, but you can't have something not smell until after the cure. Many taste alright, but you have to keep anything else you have sealed up tight. As the delicate flavour just vanishes under the tide of stink from more typical buds. Like the smell of a Wensleydale, when you get your exodus out. Green so stinky it has an effect on you before it's out the bag.