What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is this Purple Urkle?

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello ICMAG folks

I have been wondering this for a while and figured who better to ask then the knowledgeable and experienced members here.

I had got this cut along with some other cuts from my buddy in the valley and he had it labeled as and called it Lavender (the cali clone version).

I was reading a little bit into it and some people saying Lavender clone only and Urkle is the same thing and others saying its not. GDP is supposed to be Urkle x Big Bud from what I read.

My question is can anyone tell from the pics what cut it is? Whether it is GDP, Lav, or Urkle? To me the clone I ran outdoor that purpled heavily looks very much like some pics I have seen of Urkle or maybe GDP, I dont know lol, thats why I am asking.

Anyway here is some pics.

Purpled on I finished outdoor in pretty cool temps.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
And pics of the clone I ran inside has some flecks of purple on the buds but not much. Both indoor and out had small very dense nugs.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the reply Ninja.

I really wouldnt care what exactly it is because the cut I had I dont have anymore, but I made some seeds with it so I was wanting to know what the mother used in the cross really is.

Oh well.

relic1981

Veteran
mmm dosnt look like the P.U. that i know and grow. mine fades into a yellow then purple color with purplish nugs with bright orange pistils on the resin coated bud. it should smell like grape fruity pebbles. that plant does look dank though. looks more like the mendo purps which tends to turn all purple like that.. also PU has a trade mark 3-5 blade leaf patern.rounded leafs wide.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
mmm dosnt look like the P.U. that i know and grow. mine fades into a yellow then purple color with purplish nugs with bright orange pistils on the resin coated bud. it should smell like grape fruity pebbles. that plant does look dank though. looks more like the mendo purps which tends to turn all purple like that.. also PU has a trade mark 3-5 blade leaf patern.rounded leafs wide.

Looks closer to GDP than PU to me, I haven't grown any of the other purples...

Thanks for the input boys, I appreciate it.

CC, my buddy I got the cut from said he was given the cut labeled as Lavender and that he was sure it is GDP cuz he had grown a few cuts of GDP and they were the same he said. I have been calling it GDP since I got the cut from my buddy cuz he said he always called it Lavender instead of GDP since it wouldnt purple all the time and he hates calling anything purple when it is mostly green bud.

Plus anything I have ever smoked that was supposed to be GDP tasted just like this stuff from the cuts I grew of the Lavender.

relic1981

Veteran
im actually a fan of the real lavender. not soma's lavender but the n. cali version. GDP is almost always more green than purple. gdp is just one of those strains that should be better than it is. what i mean is the genetics used were both above ave genetics (urkle x salmon creek big bud) but for some reason the real gdp clone that was super popular wasnt all that imho. both the parents are better by themselves and the increased yeild from the big bud just produces mostly green but purple tasting buds. gdp has good bag appeal and decent flavor and decent yields but thats about it. imho ill take urkle anyday over gdp. also the lavender (n. cali cut) is simialr to the urkle and alot of folks in the know up here think all those purple strains were just a different pheno from the same genetics (not including gdp but strains like urkle, lavender, mendo purps, grape ape) and again urkle blows it out of the water in comparison, flavor and buzz wise. the only other purple strai that comes close to the urkle as far as flavour is purple kush which is a very nice heavy hitting purple strain that tastes of grape koolaid with a heavy kush bottom end... real kush not the chemdawg/og line... it yields better than urkle and vegs faster than urkle which is painfully slow in veg. thats one of the best ways to verify your cut. if it vegs slower than any other plant you have and has those trade mark leaves its the real deal or a good reproduction of it (s1 etc...). it will start to fade early (with organic nutes) and the leaves turn so purple they are almost black. you really see some beautiful "fall" colors with this strain (urkle) ive been growing urkle for almost 10 years now so if you need any other info let me know.

peace

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Could VERY well be related.. Definitely. I grew out the original clone for years. For headies, certainly not yield..!

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Could VERY well be related.. Definitely. I grew out the original clone for years. For headies, certainly not yield..!

Yeah I kind of wish I still had kept her. It was a heavy indica stone with poor yield of very dense lil nuggets.

Thanks for the input.

Jay Purple

Do you know who sells s1s of urkle? Or trade, I've looked around and have just found bxs. Want to try to find someone cuz cuts are hard to find where I am. Really like to try it not watered down like the cross I have which is basically a deep purple bx.

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks mostly like Urkles grow pattern...and the clone I know has 5-7-9 fingers pending method, Age and Size of Plant...which is "standard" for the urkle Ive held for long nuff to know it up n down..
Its grape Skunk here....actually..strait grape-RKS...extremely rich smell n flavor when done up right...it performs like a champion line..cause she is...enjoy it..if thats what you have,..

Lav from Soma is a really true Lav tone...smokes like it to...not as sweet at all compared to Urk tho...
GDP had BigBud in it...so it has this extra earthy HP tone to it..also GDP flowers a bit slower due to the BBud infusion...
thats my 2 pents of all of these lines...hope it helps
FOE20

Attachments

• ErkBlmFull-09-11-12.jpg
    ErkBlmFull-09-11-12.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Erk-AirBall_09-21-12.jpg
    Erk-AirBall_09-21-12.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 48
  • UrkleHarv5_10-23-12.jpg
    UrkleHarv5_10-23-12.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 54
  • UrkleHarv2_10-23-12.jpg
    UrkleHarv2_10-23-12.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 50
  • ErkFullB1_09-10-12.jpg
    ErkFullB1_09-10-12.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 44
  • UrkVeg_28-11-13.jpg
    UrkVeg_28-11-13.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
That looks to be PU. With out a whiff I couldn't say for sure but that has the structure and look. Been growing Urkle for quite some time.

Nice plant regardless!

A

Asche

the urkle is really beautiful never had an eye on it before
and i have to find out that its jut another mystical strain
which you never ever will see seeds off :(

High Jinks

That looks like the urkle I am familiar with. It was a light yield, and it would occasionally throw out a single long leaf.

Basement-Funk

I will have to disagree with everyone that agrees that your pictures are the clone only purple urkle.

Purple urkles fan leaves are long and slender, think sativa, but with a very short, non stretch factor that vegs very slow. Side branching stays tight to the main stem until topped and lollipop to promote more horizontal growth.

Also from my experience, the cut that was given to me labeled was purple urkle, will always exhibit some purple coloration's regardless of temps by the end of flower. Though with a good temp swing the last half of flower and a nice flush will really bring out the deeper tones of purple everyone craves.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That cutting is the Cookies if I am not mistaken. It has the give away leaf disorder. Always able to tell the Chem cut because of its disorders..