What's new

Is This OK ?

unigreen

Hello.
Just wanted to ask you guys, is this a sign that i need to give them some feed? I was thinking about EC 0,2 - 0,3 and adding some Rhizotonic.
What are ya guys thinking? What's up with these light green spots on leaves ?
They have like ~2 weeks.
Cheers.

zj3ulyM.jpg

054didp.jpg

e7gJ670.jpg

5Cecrr1.jpg

nuBsEB7.jpg

d6MMtEh.jpg

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Have you ever misted your plants with the lights on? If so it's likely from that. Droplets sitting on a leaf under a bright light can act kind of the way a magnifying glass can act under the bright sun causing the light to concentrate it's focus and make that spot hotter and the leaf then gets a slight burn spot. For this reason it's best to only mist your plants just before lights out so the water you mist on them will be absorbed or dry out before the lights come back on.

unigreen

Hi!
Yes sir - I'm using mist maker to make more humidity, while my lights are on :/
I thought it would not be a problem, but my lamp has too much power also im think - its 600W Led full spectrum.
I just installed the smallest lamps, and im gonna move foger to another place, where it will not be misting straight to plants leaves.
Many thanks brother :)

unigreen

Now only 3 small lamps are turned on, those are maybe 200W total.
and i put mist maker away from plants, hope humidity will be OK

UDdqIRz.jpg

2usEzGi.jpg

WavxK1h.jpg

TvX7EMg.jpg

wi05XNQ.jpg

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Hi!
Yes sir - I'm using mist maker to make more humidity, while my lights are on :/
I thought it would not be a problem, but my lamp has too much power also im think - its 600W Led full spectrum.
I just installed the smallest lamps, and im gonna move foger to another place, where it will not be misting straight to plants leaves.
Many thanks brother :)

No problem, and you also might want to dim your LED some while your plants are at this stage. I've never used an LED yet myself, I'm more of the old school HID light type. What I hear though is that for young plants sometimes these LEDs can be too much for them to handle full strength at first. So since many come with a dimmer switch growers using LED's will turn it down at first when the plants are young and tender and then turn it up as the plants get hardier. As for the misting you don't need to move the thing that does the misting as long as you limit the misting to when the lights are out. If you want it to keep going during lights on to keep the humidity at a good level I understand that but there are other ways to accomplish that without misting the plants directly. Once the plants get bigger and have more leaves they'll start giving off humidity on their own and once the grow space fills up too much moisture in the air can lead to mold and mildew problems down the road, especially once the buds are forming.

Plants look healthy to me. I wouldn't sweat it unless things get notably worse. Sometimes people obsess over every tiny detail and make a big deal out of nothing. One of the biggest areas for this is fertilizing. Just stay the course and follow the plan unless things go really awry. No need to get wacky with adding a little of this and a little of that ad-hoc. It's easy for that to cause more problems that need more adjusting and and it all snowballs into an avalanche.

To me, it just looks like discoloration from light exposure, likely on the margins of being just enough/too much. HempKat is probably right that it's bleaching from droplets concentrating light. Lessening intensity, if the lights are not dimmable, can be done by raising the fixture's height.

LEDs can be tricky with light intensity because the other symptoms that you would see with HPS/MH and even FL are not present, most notable being excessive wilting from heat. Instead you just wind up with tissue damage/necrosis from overexposure while everything else looks fine.

What I hear though is that for young plants sometimes these LEDs can be too much for them to handle full strength at first. So since many come with a dimmer switch growers using LED's will turn it down at first when the plants are young and tender and then turn it up as the plants get hardier.

I run a Viparspectra XS-1500 (equivalent to a 150 HPS) on 50% for seedlings at 14" height above my 2x2 scrog net. Once they take off, I ramp up to 75% and then 100% once vigorous growth starts. If I notice bleaching, I just dim the light a bit until issue is resolved.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Nice setup friend, you have a lot of work on your hands. Are those going outdoors or staying indoors? That light is kicking ass, how many hrs are they on? 😎