What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

is this a cal, mag, zinc or some other deficiency

linde

S
You can't lock out nitrogen. And if your adding N you need Calcium. At this stage they'll begin calling for more k too. If he can look at his roots it would tell us a bit more now.
Too much nitrogen is usually the cause of lockout. A plant only uses so much nitrogen. The rest builds in the soil and lowers pH. Therefore locking out cal and mag. If you've got yellowing issues it is foolish to keep fertilizing until you've read your pH. The issue the op has is definitely not from lack of nitrogen. If anything looks like nitrogen burn.

Hillbilly69

hey guys.. 1st off... not giving the plants any nutes till i get the ph meter- i hope on friday

my water is from the municipality..town water

the light is a mars fce8000 in a 5x5ft tents - i am told it is overkill, but i run it at 70pct ....
Good call, start with PH, then problem solve from there. Might need a good flush with PH'ed water, then start feeding again. If your using municipal water there's the complication of chlorine build up also. Not sure how they treat your water, I wouldn't use my city water unless I could filter it, or let it sit there long enough for most of the chlorine to evaporate.
As for your LED, you can use any light you want, just set it high enough, or dim it to were you're getting light intensity in the ranges of 150-300 fresh clones/seedlings, 400-600 ppfd for veg, and 600-1000 ppfd for flowering. That will ensure you're not burning them. You can go over 1000 in flower but you won’t get much more out of it unless you suppliment with CO2.
Good luck!

jackspratt61

S

Too much nitrogen is usually the cause of lockout. A plant only uses so much nitrogen. The rest builds in the soil and lowers pH. Therefore locking out cal and mag. If you've got yellowing issues it is foolish to keep fertilizing until you've read your pH. The issue the op has is definitely not from lack of nitrogen. If anything looks like nitrogen burn.
Doesn't look a N toxicity I've seen. If the ph comes back between 6-7 what would you recommend?

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
good morning ladies and gents... my ph meter was just delivered, and i put it to immed. use... here are the results.....

out of the tap, the water is 7.4/7.5

i measured all 9 plants and the ph was 5.4 on the low end, up to 5.7 on the top end - the soil temps ranged between 62.7 and 65.0

i am not an expert, but from reading on this site, the ph should be somewhere over 6 at the least... so we are low...

what is my next step... and again thanks for all the help.... as u can see ... i really need it..

jackspratt61

good morning ladies and gents... my ph meter was just delivered, and i put it to immed. use... here are the results.....

out of the tap, the water is 7.4/7.5

i measured all 9 plants and the ph was 5.4 on the low end, up to 5.7 on the top end - the soil temps ranged between 62.7 and 65.0

i am not an expert, but from reading on this site, the ph should be somewhere over 6 at the least... so we are low...

what is my next step... and again thanks for all the help.... as u can see ... i really need it..
Prepare your feed as always and check ph. We can go from there

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i just added a teaspoon of baking soda to the nute mix (40oz of water+nute) which was at 4.4, and the baking soda raised it to 7.5 , which is what the water out of the tap is

jackspratt61

i just added a teaspoon of baking soda to the nute mix (40oz of water+nute) which was at 4.4, and the baking soda raised it to 7.5 , which is what the water out of the tap is
I wouldn't use a sodium bicarbonate. Sodium isn't your friend. Look for a k or calcium product..
carbonate or silicate. Kind of wondering why such a low ph. Idk about your nutes. Perhaps someone familiar could chime in. That low of ph in the media is making k,mg,ca quite restricted and it shows. At this point I wouldn't feed above a 7ph. You have pics of them today?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
You are growing in soil. Get some microbes going in there, add a little cal-mag to the water for the LED lights, and pH the water to 6.3.

daleharris

You have calcium toxicity, causing a visible deficit in magnesium and potassium. Phos-bor not far behind. Ignore all the trolls saboteurs and dipshits who have replied to your post. I doubt any of them have ever grown Cannabis. If they have, that's even more damning as these are very obvious observations to anyone with a year of experience. Most of these clowns, if they even grow, use premixed nutes designed for non cannabis crops, and for some fucking unearthly reason believe that qualifies them to diagnose cannabis nutrient imbalances. Cannabis is not lettuce, not tomato, not potato, not Arabidopsis. Cannabis is Cannabis. Even the folks who cannot grasp this can provide better information than what you'll find on cannabis grow forums:

View attachment 18824729

Cannabis grow forums are a disgusting display of human laziness and group think. Its a god damned shame this plant is supposed to be medicine for sick people yet none of these fuck faces put a single braincell of thought into what they are doing or saying. Theyre all wannabe drug dealers around here. Hustle science, the downgraded replacement for the already disgusting standard known as bro science. Fuck them all. They are wasting your time, wasting your resources, ruining your crops, and killing your patients with the unimaginable amount of sheepish regurgitated bullshit they spew here. Fuck all these people who just have to have to speak up for no other reason than their own delusional feelings of self importance. None of these people are important to humanity. They are all leeches and regurgitating blind idiot sheep. They are a cancerous growth on humanities bleached, shaved transsexual rape-victimized asshole. pH? EC? PPM? Any other fucking acronym? 99.9% of the shit people worry about on grow forums is completely pointless. The only thing that matters is nutrient ratios, and these dumb fucks have been promoting calcium for no other reason than sabotage and group think that blindly ruins their own grows because people who smoke Cannabis indica very obviously CANNOT think for themselves.. Cannabis makes people fucking stupid from what i can tell, as a caregiver to cancer patients who sees 99.999999% of cannabis info originate from low iq cocksuckers who just need a headchange because they cant stand the concept of natural thought.
Yup,,no one is as smart as you think you are.

jackspratt61

You are growing in soil. Get some microbes going in there, add a little cal-mag to the water for the LED lights, and pH the water to 6.3.
Absolutely go with microbial innoculants. Ph in Z's garden 5.4-5.7. Feeding at 7ph should be beneficial at this point depending on the ph up product.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I wouldn't use a sodium bicarbonate. Sodium isn't your friend. Look for a k or calcium product..
carbonate or silicate. Kind of wondering why such a low ph. Idk about your nutes. Perhaps someone familiar could chime in. That low of ph in the media is making k,mg,ca quite restricted and it shows. At this point I wouldn't feed above a 7ph. You have pics of them today?
here is today's pic... i do have a bottle of cal-mag from foxfarms, but will this lower the ph??? keeping in mind that my water is 7.5- i watered on wed and the soil is still moist today with a ph of 5.4-5.7 n yes i am growing under a mars fce8000.... thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0824.jpg
    IMG_0824.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 31

Three Berries

Your soil pH is 5.4-5.7? That looks a lot like what I get for K deficiency.

If you water pH is high due to carbonates and you pH it down that should free the carbonate metals as long as your pH is low enough and you wait until all the bubbles are gone (12-24hrs) As long as CO2 is being relased the pH is changing.

If you are like me and have you soil overloaded from carbonates then there should little need for Ca and Mg as long as you nute pH is low and you don't keep adding more.

I've gone all rain and all well and 50/50 as far as water and still get the K def though a lot as my ignorance and the nutes I used. Still using a higher K nute and rain water with lower pH the problem persist unless I hammer it with KCl.

Mg shows up between the veins and is easily fixed. Ca shows up at the growing tips as yellow also easily fixed, K shows up at the margin and not easily fixed. That's my experience with high CO2 so it's exaggerated I guess.

jackspratt61

here is today's pic... i do have a bottle of cal-mag from foxfarms, but will this lower the ph??? keeping in mind that my water is 7.5- i watered on wed and the soil is still moist today with a ph of 5.4-5.7 n yes i am growing under a mars fce8000.... tha

here is today's pic... i do have a bottle of cal-mag from foxfarms, but will this lower the ph??? keeping in mind that my water is 7.5- i watered on wed and the soil is still moist today with a ph of 5.4-5.7 n yes i am growing under a mars fce8000.... thanks
hard ca,k..for now try using the cal-mag to bring up the ph. Weigh how much it takes to bring you up to 7ph

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
keeping in mind that my water is 7.5- i watered on wed and the soil is still moist today with a ph of 5.4-5.7
Your problems come from a low soil pH. It is locking out mobile nutrients, and shows up as deficiency of the mobile nutrient the plant is using most of.

Don't adjust the pH of your feed downwards. If anything, if you repot, use at least 1 tablespoon per gallon of magnesium lime, and let that soak in water for at least a day.

Just to reiterate: in soil, pH 5.4 to 5.7 is way too low. That's right for hydroponics. It's too low even for coco coir, which is 6.0. Soil is 7.0.