What's new

Is there any Japanese Landrace ?

TRANKILOMAN

Wondered if there are any original strains from Japàn or Korea, I am desperately looking for some. Also were is there Korea big skunk i need to find please...
Any help ?
Peace !
undefinedundefined :jump:

I

iichico_exp420

Japan has Dosanko,Aomori,Nagano,Nara and more other landrace strains.
but japanese strains is very rare. cuz the government official mow down the cannabis every year.

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Hi!

You can get some Japanese Obi and Japanese Dosanko (both landrace indicas) from BreedersChoice in their site:

http://www.****************

EDIT: google "cannabiseye" and it's the first result (didn't knew we can't share links...)

If you grow them don't forget the report :)

Last edited:

Japanfreakier

Veteran
Somebody claims that all the cannabis in Japan is from the bird feed that was imported and there are no real japanese strains.

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
I would say thats highly unlikely, as there are cave paintings in Kyushu showing weed leaves, that are pretty fricken old. At least, I`d wager that they were done before any importing of bird feed was going on. I`d post the pic but no uploads are possible with the update going on.
Even if you question the validity of the paintings, the hemp culture here is so old and so tied in with the old religion that I reckon its been here before imports were going on.

Certainly possible that strains from imported seed could have been inadvertently crossed with the local stuff and gone wild though.
Who knows, migratory birds could have dropped seeds from China or other parts of Asia hundreds of thousands of years ago (or yesterday), or any other vectors.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
I think what the guy was saying was what existed before in Japan was just hemp and that dosanko came from imported seeds. Personally I don't really understand why people would want dosanko.

G

guest3854

You fellas have some pics of plants and or herb , native to Japan , some of your own grow shows or .....?

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
Sorry for the delay, I don`t post on the weekends.

All pics from my own grow were deleted from my phone when I put it in for service. Better safe than sorry.

Heres some pics from Japan:

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
Yeah, I wish I could say that they`re all female and that was my last harvest. lol.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
lol, no shit eh? You see a lot of Bousans getting arrested for growing taima instead of asa. I guess they figure that nobody will tell the difference.

TRANKILOMAN

High Ppl !!

What is that : taima or asa ? Male female?
so you dont recomend dosanko ?
What about that Obi from breeders choice ? :puppydoge
I need a japanese strain to make some crossings and i almost got strains from any where bin the world but not from japan.
Peace !

Japanfreakier

Veteran
I actually have a soft sport for dosanko, used to smoke a lot of it years ago. Looks like shit though, airy buds that are kind of harsh, but if you smoke enough of it and you lungs can take it the high isn't bad.

highclasscandy

TRANKILOMAN said:
High Ppl !!

What is that : taima or asa ? Male female?
actually taima (大麻 which literally translates as "big hemp") refers to "psychoactive" hemp,you know the one with the flowers to smoke... :muahaha:
asa (麻 ) is just hemp...
others please chime in if im wrong...

so long,
:wave:
hcc

highclasscandy

haven't seen a grow report on any of those japanese "landrace" strains, but love to...
but i doubt the results will be up to par with the gear of todays fine breeders , there more novelty strains imo
good luck with the venture :wave:
hcc

B

Bluebeard

According to the breeders from breeders choice, the Obi and Dosanko arent highly psychoactive. There are potent plants within the population however and they will be doing a large population to select for higher potency and higher quality high this spring. They are however very fast flowering and start to show flowers in a record amount of time after cutting back the light cycle. They strongly resemble wide leafed cultivars from central asia and pose amazing potential for breeding potent lines with a unique high that can grow at very high latitudes because they have good resin production and are very fast flowering. Since they dont autoflower, growers in northern climes can grow larger plants which take advantage of the earlier parts of the growing season and yet flower when the sun is still very strong. By starting them in a cold frame you could probably get plants to yield well over a kilo and still finish before a frost at high latitude. They are also useful in acclimating tropical varieties to higher latitudes and not worry about having to remove autoflowering genes in later generations.

I am curious, why do you have to have east asian seeds?

interesting thread...
and interesting comment Bluebeard!

I´ve always grown in low alt, northern oudoors
and ths factor didn´t occur to me.

On the other hand´i´d assume it would be okay, too to just plant
many many proven dutch outdoor seeds and then breed the individuals
who perform well in high alt.

I don´t see the use of this - unless the psychoactive high
is something exceptional?

..but anyway, interesting to hear from
japanese terminology and weed culture....

( once read there´s a nice iranan food joint near a
tokyo subway, where u get the best charas! :) )

Cheers guys,
Wyatt.