What's new

Is the light of the full moon bright enough to interrupt a dark cycle?

greenpinky

Lol.. I'm guessing ur talking about a full moon? Possibly if it stayed a full moon for a week straight or more.. I do the nasty outdoor by my lady's so they see a lot of my moon but still hasn't made a difference..

Limeygreen

Veteran
No it is not, generally the sun can average 850 watt/m2 here in the summer and the moon gives 0-1 watts/m2, usually the reading is always 0.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
No. If you think about wild plants growing with lightning strikes around and the full moon around them and nothing happens. Street lights give off enough light to screw up flowering. I have a big motion activated security light in back because of all the Raccoons here and so far it hasn't screwed up the plants.

PDX Dopesmoker

The reason I ask is that both me and a another gardener both noticed that we had some early flowering action begin on a few plants by around the end of July/start of August and then there weren't really any more during the two weeks or so surrounding the full moon period, but this last week we all have plants starting to show new flowers again. This is across a bunch of different varieties and a few dozen plants in three widely dispersed gardens. My own ones I've been spraying the shit out of since the start of August because I have russet mites, but the other two gardens are healthy. And we haven't been having cloud cover at night, either.
Its still a fairly small sample and could easily be a case of correlation without causation, I'll have to try and grow more pot plants the future if I want to get it all figured out eventually or maybe read some old farmer's almanacs.