What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is NM reciprocative of a California recommendation?

oceangrownkush

Veteran
I've been a California recommendation holder for 4 years now. My ailments aren't life threatening, I've heard NM is much stricter on who gets to be a patient.. The reason I ask is my family owns land in NM and I'd love to get away from California and the rat race out here and raise my own crops, live on my own in NM on property.. No more jobs, no more shitty rat race trying to gain status and wealth. I yearn for a simple desert life.

So yes, is that possible at all? Or am I SOL? Also can patients grow their own under NM law?

Thank you
OGK

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
patients can grow there own in new mexico,you are allowed 4 mature and 12 young plants,the dispensary weed is dodgy at best and any clones you may come across are of questionable origin and quality...you will still have to re-apply to get a growers permit anyway,for state residents only....and there are only about a half dozen grow shops in the entire state....

oceangrownkush

Veteran
The genetics are of no concern to me, neither are the dispensaries there. So a doctor will recommend me if I have been a CA resident with a recommendation and relocate to NM? Is outdoor growing allowed? I'd be living out of a trailer at first while awaiting completion of the construction, in the interim I'd have no other option than to grow outdoors.

Thanks

Littleleaf

Veteran
My friend has a back yard full and even lives in a up scale neighborhood. We def get plenty of DIRECT sun light.