What's new

Is my soil mix good for gurillea growing?

alright well im starting to buy soil supplies so far ive got Bone Meal,Blood meal,Greensand,Bat Guano,ocean forest foxfarm soil,Im gonna go back and buy dolomite lime so I can pick up a few more weird ferts what else should I buy? anything that would go well with the ferts ive alrdy got? thanks

G

perlite. lots of perliteatleast a 30% perlite mix

if i were you i'd just pick up a simple bottle of pure blend pro grow, and bloom.... and a bloom stimulator.. say greenfuse bloom stim or biobizz bloom stim...maybe top max, and 1 more thing.. liquid karma is worth it's weight in gold

i'd say tr to leave the bone and blood meal out of the mix... but.. i am by far no expert.

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pick up some wormcastings and or compost as well, they really add a special touch to the soil. whats the npk on your guano??

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
i never use perlite in my Fox farm, seems to have plenty, and its a really LOOMY soil so roots do great in it ;) but i dont know if its different for outdoors, i saw this guy grow a plant in a TRASH Can outdoors, The plant grew over 16 feet. HUGE!!!!!!

I'd say wormcastings and Liquid Karma or kelp.....Also, consider the rainfall in your area before adding/leaving out the perlite....If it's dry in your area, you don't want to put a lot of drainage in the mix....LC

sweet thanks for the replies, Ive alrdy got a big bag of perlite i forgot to mention, the guano is 10.3.1 npk, why do I wanna leave bone and blood meal out? these plants are goin in the ground with just the soil and Driwater I'll only be able to visit them once a month would liquid fertz be good for that far period apart of waterings? thanks for the help :D

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
if you can get a hold of Mexican bat guano for high N fert, and some Indonisia bat guano for flowering high in P. And maybe something else for the K like sulfate of potash (takes 2 months to break down). Then you wouldn't have to deal with cow parts and stuff from bone meal and Blood meal. I notice with out a doubt everytime i use blood meal. I get Nats, everywhere. Drives me nuts. I rather go guano vs blood bone meal. imho

well Im stoned and just thought of somthing can I go to the beach and get seaweed and add it too the soil mix? :chin: isnt that what kelp is?

Bigmone357

SCF said:
if you can get a hold of Mexican bat guano for high N fert, and some Indonisia bat guano for flowering high in P. And maybe something else for the K like sulfate of potash (takes 2 months to break down). Then you wouldn't have to deal with cow parts and stuff from bone meal and Blood meal. I notice with out a doubt everytime i use blood meal. I get Nats, everywhere. Drives me nuts. I rather go guano vs blood bone meal. imho
How much are you using aloot :chin: ? well I only use a little Blood & Bone AT THE BOTTOM of the mix.Of course if you just plop the stuff right on top of the dirt your gonna get insects lol

If you're going to visit the plants once a month, you better keep the longterm ferts in the mix....Don't use liquid ferts....Use, bone, bloodmeal, kelp meal, and greensand....LC

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
FlyinHawaiian said:
well Im stoned and just thought of somthing can I go to the beach and get seaweed and add it too the soil mix? :chin: isnt that what kelp is?

No its proccessed lOL. dont do that. Get liquid kelp its cheaper and your plants will love you for it, Use it for vegging, as a folair spray or with your feeding.

If you're going to visit the plants once a month, you better keep the longterm ferts in the mix....Don't use liquid ferts....Use, bone, bloodmeal, kelp meal, and greensand....LC

Good call, didn't think about it outdoors they wont be visiting often. Also look into Sulfate of potash, takes a few months to break down, but HUGE bud booster and pure organic!!! 15 bucks a huge bag rated 0-30-50

G

The bloodmeal is a waste of money as far as Im concerned... You could grow falfa beans during the off season. Then when it dies it adds nitrogen to the soil naturally. No work involed.

G

Layer of steer manure, 2-3", in the bottom of your containers/holes. Retains water well and also once those roots get down there after a couple months and start tapping into the manure as it breaks down, they will be very happy. :)

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
I would use nutrients that tend to release slow for outdoors. This way the plant can use it when it's needed. Bone Meal is a excellent nutrient outdoors because it releases slowly and take some time to break down.. Green sand is good too.

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
As a outdoor grower I can tell you to avoid ferts based on Animal wastes(Bone and blood meal, Fish products), you are inviting scavengers to dig up your plot.

Stick to Manures, Guanos, composts, etc.

Last year I grew this with Chicken manure, kelp meal, and Guano teas.

Latest posts

Latest posts