What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is it worth moving my plants?

DongWhistle

I have a small outdoor grow and conditions where I am have been a bit colder than the yearly average (mid-high 60's during the day and low 60's during the night) and we haven't gotten many sunny days since I've transplanted.

Is it worth moving them into a greenhouse to keep soil and air temps up while the days are sun-optimal?

Thanks!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Moving can stress them. I'd vote to leave them be knowing warmer temps will arrive.

Imma Bri

I have a small outdoor grow and conditions where I am have been a bit colder than the yearly average (mid-high 60's during the day and low 60's during the night) and we haven't gotten many sunny days since I've transplanted.

Is it worth moving them into a greenhouse to keep soil and air temps up while the days are sun-optimal?

Thanks!

They are good to go down to 57F, and for some strains as low as 52F.

The weather is okay, I wouldn't move them unless it was indoors to a light and then back outside at end of July.

Best off to leave them as they are and not rock their lil boat.

Rico Swazi

I'm with the 'leave them be' crowd. You could use a reemay row cover or cloche to keep temps up but your temps dont sound that bad at the moment. Here in the PNW, we have upper 60s to lower 50s at night.

so leave them be and let them grow into trees!

Good luck with it and let us know what you decide

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
My answer included how low are the night time temps going? Placing them in a greenhouse doesn't stress them out, and it is warmer. That being said, I would also move them to an overcast spot for a couple days or so to acclimatize when going back out.