What's new

Is it worth battling spider mites to save genetics or nah?

Randy Lahey

If you mean "nah" at me then.....Yuh lol ..... I speak from very recent experience.

I took (cleaned off) klones from the infected mother, fully cleared the mother by defoliation and hours of manual brushing with a soft bristled toothbrush and regular water to the underside of the leaves to clear the eggs, friend most likely thought it was still toooo much of a risk for everything and killed the plant afterwards by pouring either, hydrogen peroxide or a soda into the soil when I wasn't looking (mother plant death should not have happened) was soooooooo fucking pissed over that buuuuuuut.......Thankfully I already had 2 backup mothers that were unaffected by the spider mites and now a few more klones to make sure I don't lose it.

Long story short the Mites are gone and I still have the "Genetics" I am currently working on "saving" and making available in seed form again.

Last edited:

Growenhaft

sehr geil

Ich habe seit Jahren keine Probleme mit Spinnmilben mehr... Tok Tok Tok
wie ihr ansatz... es lohnt sich fast, spinnmilben wieder in den growroom zu bringen... jamjamjam

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
It would take the rest of my life to pop, run and select all the beans I have in my fridge. I ain’t worried about losing genetics, lol. I like variety as well. I’d 🔥 them plants and do thorough clean.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
It would take the rest of my life to pop, run and select all the beans I have in my fridge. I ain’t worried about losing genetics, lol. I like variety as well. I’d 🔥 them plants and do thorough clean.

i toooo have a shitload of beans in the fridge...BUT.... should if i find that special lady, n the borg shows up, i'll go out of my way to save her .... in my experience, an elite comes thru rarely...

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Take cuts from the plants you wanna save, clean em up real nice. Keep cleaning em!
Then drown em for a while every day and drown the possible mites at the same time.
Should get rid of grown mites and eggs, too, should there be any. Cuts can stay alive underwater longer than mites..

Then yea what others said: Clean your room, pots, planters, tents and all that stuff real nice.
KEEP CLEANING EM!

Then start over once your cuts are free from the borg and all that other stuff also.

Obviously if you/your pal runs grows all the time and/or doesn´t have space or something, then might be harder to get rid of all the mites. I´ve battled em a couple of times, it´s more of a buying time thing with the products / gimmicks / stuff designed to kill em. I mean sure you could prolly use some hardcore bug killing shit and chemicals, but if you need to live in the same house and then smoke the weed.. Well, you know, less chems / poison on your plants the better.

Spider mites not the end of the world if you keep em in check. Let em live free and they will take over and kill everything in time.

Good luck! :)

RobertFripp

Forbid 4 then rotate 1 time with Floramite 3 weeks later. Done. But as has been stated, use only on vegging plants. This stuff will kill them as dead as a door nail. Id give it 2 months to be out of the weeds system.

Latest posts

Latest posts