What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

is it the right time to harvest?

pleaseforgive

Greetings!
As this is my first post I would like to welcome everyone!
I came up here with a question, is it the right time for harvest, I think I am not enough experienced to judge this by myself.

Plant is in 9-10th week after switching from 18/6 to 12/12, it's grown from random seed, can't tell if it's automatic or not, but I treated it like I described. She was fed with canna terra flores 4-5ml per litre during flowering phase, in week 5-6 used PK13/14 twice. I use COB LED 50Watts full spectrum(the pinky/purple color) [ I KNOW that I should get a box to control parameters, please forgive, that probably will happen on the next one ]

So recently I started to feed it only with water( 2 waterings ), but the leaves aren't yellowing( except the bottom ones which doesnt get enough light ). Also is she a lil bit overfed or is it light burnt, I mean the fingers of leaves getting little burned and bent upward.

am I gonna harvest anything?
How long would you keep it?
Harvest only parts that are grown?
Are trichomes looking fine?
Did any of you tried adding honey spoon to the water in last weeks, is it worth it, or doesn't matter, or it may occur some problems for plant?
Should I lower the day time for her? she is having 11hours day and 13 hours night, should I go 10/14 ?

Thanks for the patience, answers and experience shared.
So here's the photos:

I wish you all the best, big and healthy plants, big buds and happiness in your life.

Best regards
Pleaseforgive

bibi40

Hi mate ,

difficult to say about trichrome , need some macro for that , but she' s pretty ready for me , perhaps one week more depending how you love it , no need to change the light cycle .

hope it helps and good harvest !!!

:D

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
picture.php

immature trichomes

picture.php

mature trichomes

picture.php
picture.php

over ripe trichomes :tiphat:

M

Maquiypa

Hi Pleaseforgive !

they seem largely ready for me too.(watch out for mold)

You can observe the trichome with a good botanist's magnifying glass (10x-30x) or a little hand microscope.
the trichome are clear transparent when they are immature.
milky when ripe.
and amber when they are over ripe.

Then it's up to you to decide when is the perfect time to harvest. Depend on your nose ;)

Hoping I could help you ! good continuation

peace !

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Did they brown off rapidly after the PK and do very little since?

pleaseforgive

@f-e, I guess you're talking about pistils. Older flowers got brown first, then the rest started to follow, you can see some new white pistils developing on buds but most are already orange/brown. While adding PK13/14 pistils were all white and stayed like that for 2 weeks after the last watering with PK13/14.

@switcher56, I can't see your pics neither. I think I can differentize triochomes, but I can't see any brown triochomes yet that's why I was wondering if it's the right spot to harvest.

@GMT, right I'm going to harvest when light comes up.

@bibi40, I agree, I'm lacking equipment, can't measure/control PH, humidity or temperature, that's what I'll have to improve obviously.

btw. is it better to harvest when the plant and soil is dry or after watering when soil and plant is inflexible. asking cause I watered it todaa, should I let it dry?

Can't see any brown triochomes yet so I guess it's a good time to finish this stage.
Time to cut then!

Thank you all for replies, your time and willingness!
Best Regards
Pleaseforgive

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I don't think it's going any further from what I see. It's a shame we don't know the strain but presuming the bag was commercial then 8 or 9 weeks is probably enough. Cash cropper are not interested in 10 week plants, unless it's outdoor where it's 1 crop a year anyway.

Latest posts

Latest posts