What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is creeping cannabis a myth?

I've never seen a pic online but I have seen one of these in person. It IS rather amazing to see, but it didn't have very large nuggets. i don't wish to keep in contact with the person who grew it but i believe he said his was an African.

best way i could describe it's growth pattern... The base of the stem was very horizontal, almost like 30 degree angle to the ground but firm, stiff, and woody.

the branching.... if you held your hand out, palm up; and curl your fingers slightly like you are gripping a softball. the structure was similar to a regular cannabis plant except the center of the mass of branches was slightly concave so nothing was really crowded & all branching received same light... it reminded me of a clam shell or something similar in shape by the way the bush cupped up on the edges. the stem was unusually woody if i remember correctly, & the branches were off the soil, but we are talking inches... 3-6" max.

buds were really ratty looking, lots of thin leaves, tiny calyx's, surprisingly solid buds; resin production didn't look all that great but they very well could have been small sativa trichomes... the biggest nuggets on the thing were no larger than a half dollar. definitely more stem than bud. i didn't get a lot of time with it while it was alive, but it was definitely something i won't forget.

Obsidian

Veteran
creeper is the type of high.
not the plant.
it slowly affects your head then wham your stoned stupid
this thread is a joke.

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Quote Reply Posted: 03 October 2007 at 23:09

I found 20'Thai's original post. I was wrong about the two-year flowering period. Apparently, it only takes eight months!!! I have no independent verification, but this is what 20'Thai wrote...

"...there are also old ancient strains that live in the depths of tropical jungle that are of the creeper variety, that can grow almost forever andthe produce a stone that can make a hardened smoker turn white as a ghost 2-3hours after they smoke it. The live long by spreading out and growing new roots in a location many feet away from the mainstem of the plant as the NODES of the plant touch the soil and encorouge the sprouting of new roots and hence a new plant. Much the same as Bull grass grows by slowly spreading out and embedding new roots into the ground untill it has covered you entore pawn area or yard. But these strains cannot be grown under artifical lights in a growroom as they need so much space and so much heat and humidity to stay healthy that it woudl be impossible to produce that enviroment indoors without rotting you room out with mould and possibly blowing you light bulbs form excessive moisture if they weren't inside a cowl. Also, they need light of extreme tropical intensity to activate their resin fully. HID's just wouldn't cut it for these strains, and they can take over 8months to produce a flower with amber trics that are so small that you cannot see them with the naked eye. So IOW, when you look at these buds, they look like grass/lawn clippings. They do not look like they have any resin on them at all, and they also have very little aroma. But when you smoke them, watch out. Just make sure you are sitting down and have nowhere to go for the rest of the day, and perhaps half of the next day as you will sleep long and hard then you'll wake up many hours later and find you are still ripped hard on it."

creeper is the type of high.
not the plant.
it slowly affects your head then wham your stoned stupid
this thread is a joke.

Google "creeper plant"

Your smart ass comment makes you sound like a tool, since you didnt read.

They arent talking about a HIGH that creeps up on you, they are talking about a strain with VINE/CREEEPER like characteristics.

honeybooboo

There was an artical in a High Times from the late eighties or early nineties about a vine like creeping cannabis plant, it got no taller than 12 inches.

Scoobs

There was talk on MNS forums about 2 years ago about a Colombian that was a creeper and took forever to come close to finishing. It was reported to have one hell of a high though.

Mr Jay

Veteran
seed finder .eu/database/breeder/KalySeeds/

KalySeeds is a company that crossed cannabis with Japanese hops. Some of their early varieties had vine like qualities. That's what comes to mind for me.

Olifant

Yep, though rare and occur to varying degrees creeper phenotypes do exist. There was a hybrid stabilized creeper that used to be sold in the old SSSC catalogs, and a photo as well in the catalog. The drawing in RC Clarke's MJ Botany of a creeper is actually of a trainwreck relative, but I don't feel that is a true creeper because branches dont root and reinvigorate as it creeps along. I've never heard of the occurring in Japan however some wild SE asian populations and a few rare Colombian lines, O've heard narrow leafed pakistanis but never seen one that creeped personally.

thanks Olifant I think the Japanese creepers exist but are rare
I still have dreams of growing it in a hanging basket and no one knowing what it is! :D
"No matter how much you feed a wolf, an elephant still has bigger balls." Popular Russian Saying, translated by Vladimir Ivanovich Shlyakov, 1993
never heard of that, cool saying though and hope you will clarify!

Tom Hill

Veteran
Some cannabis stem are thin and pliable, some are thick and brittle, some are thick and pliable some are thin and brittle. Some overall phenotype are large dense and heavy, some are thin, airy, light, etc. All of these traits are inherited separately. When we combine the two beginnings of the the two sentences together, we have what Clarke referred to as a creeper phenotype. Yes it exists often, and no it's not a myth.

Manivelle

Veteran
i've heard few times some growers mention some creeper on some zamal plant . seen in mafate particulary.

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
Thanks for stopping in, Tom.

Funny you should mention Zamal, Manivelle, the one I grew in Japan from FMS grew long tentacle-like branches and flopped around all over the place. I tied it down and it grew like a creeper.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Yes yes it's true there is a cannabis that grows like this .. It was in Jamaica when we were there ,,, Not to be mistaken for the high which in Costa Rica they call it creeper if it's stronge cannabis smoke..stay safe headband 707

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Creeper....in what way...needs to be established...

This thread is way too generic to comment in any conclusive direction...

Please define what you mean by "creeper"...

dank.Frank

Latest posts

Latest posts