What's new

Is cannabis a scary name for voters?

angelgoob

I was wondering about this. They use the term marijuana and cannabis possibly, but how afraid are they and how much baggage do these names have? Like does it make it look foreign to them?

I propose instead of reefer, cannabis, and marijuana...a less scary name.

Smoking flowers! :biggrin:

Shovelhandle

I do not think cannabis sounds foreign or is scary or harmful. It sounds like medicine. Better than marijuana, weed or dope.

St. Phatty

If I was running a NORML type re-legalization campaign,

I would emphasize that Hemp & Hemp flowers were legal for the first 160+ years of the nation's history.

Also to keep it factual, I would use pictures of cannabis tincture bottles from pharmacies, which I think describe the contents as Cannabis.

Anyway, using historical usage as a context, Hemp and Cannabis were the 2 names used from 1776 to the 1930's.

Nothing wrong with 'Marijuana', though it might be noted in a conversation about pot linguistics, that that was probably brought in as part of Reefer Madness.

igrowone

Veteran
If I was running a NORML type re-legalization campaign,

I would emphasize that Hemp & Hemp flowers were legal for the first 160+ years of the nation's history.

Also to keep it factual, I would use pictures of cannabis tincture bottles from pharmacies, which I think describe the contents as Cannabis.

Anyway, using historical usage as a context, Hemp and Cannabis were the 2 names used from 1776 to the 1930's.

Nothing wrong with 'Marijuana', though it might be noted in a conversation about pot linguistics, that that was probably brought in as part of Reefer Madness.

hemp does have a mild sound and feeling to it
'i want to buy some hemp please' sounds clean and innocent
bur a little extra is needed i think
flowers is of course accurate, but seems like something even better could be found

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
'The 'Erb', works well for me, short and sweet.

But technically 'Cannabis' is the right name for the plant, in all it's expressions.

snoopdoggydog1

Wasn't hemp a term used for the fibrous material in which they made rope out of? You can't smoke hemp, we'll I guess you could, but it's not the flowers us stone's love. it's the leftover crap lol.