What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is anyone still using The Lucas Formula?

Gogin_Diddle

As for GH not going to Canada, I had no clue. That sucks. Jungle Juice has worked exactly the same however (no noticeable differences when I've used it). They made JJ as a rip off of GH.
Well there were also grown using as. I do some adjusting with ratio's. In coco, during the stretch, I'll go to 12-6, about 3 weeks before I'm due to harvest I cut out micro all together, and let the plants use it's own stored sugars (food). This gives me some amazing colors, and a nice smoke. I run 12-0 until flush.
The 4th pic was intended for the tent. She out grew my breeding/testing tent. That was approximately day 30. The last pic was around day 55, or so. It was a Skynk pheno, and they'll keep shooting white hairs. It was finished at 63 days.
Again, i can't say enough about Lucas's Formula
image.jpg

20220517_174756.jpg
20220517_174835.jpg
20220517_174654.jpg

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
apparently General Hydro is no longer selling to Canada? I was told this last week while shopping for nutes at a local shop.
I have been faithfully using the 8/16 lucas method with powdered koolbloom late in flower followed by a couple weeks of gypsum/molasses at the finish for years n years
Gonna have to figure out what I am gonna do if the GH not selling here thing is true.
There is a new BC made nutrient line , I think it is called Holland Secret but the bottle isn;t handy.
I tried using thier Bloom with GH hardwater micro , mixed at 8/16 and I dunno if that was a wise idea on my part. My plants are telling me NO LOL
Gonna have to reach out to Holland Secret and get a full breakdown on what is in those bottles in order to figure it out.
If GH isn't selling to Canada anymore because our stupid idiot dumbfuck prime moron Trudeau pissed them off..... well that is gonna suck royally
I have never bought GH from GH. I could not imagine Amazon or E-bay not shipping there.

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
I have never bought GH from GH. I could not imagine Amazon or E-bay not shipping there.
never bought it from GH either , always from a grow store and it's never been hard to find as it was widely carried in many retail outlets large and small. Now there is none in my small town so ya maybe amazon but I'm trying not to give that rich bastard bezos any more of my funds LOL

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
my outdoor thrives on gypsum/steamed bonemeal and sheep manure ........ rabbits eh? @Douglas.Curtis Do you have a grow thread with details on the ins and outs of your methods? I'd like to learn more
Not yet as I've only been messing with it for a short time, and holy crud all the life stuff getting in the way lately. Ouch!

I *have* started a crap soil grow, amended with almost 40% rabbit manure and a bit of perlite. Literally using a bale of "grow box filler" that has a lot of ground up wood in it. lol I'll be using bunny poop tea and KNF calcium to feed them once the soil (hahahahaha!) runs a bit low on bunny poop. ;) I'll see about taking some pics and documenting it. :)

Gogin_Diddle

H3ad's modified Lucas Formula
I run 6/9 in coco untill mid bloom and then ease out the micro.
I think I started doing over 2 years ago. I love it.
I do add some form of silica also. View attachment 18771245 View attachment 18771246
I like a good SCROG myself. Here's one plant flowered with a 600 hps. Here are some pics taken through flower. This was probably my highest yielding 600 watt, single plant grow. 1 plant 10 Gal Coco. Lucas Throughout. Interesting cultivar 20180624_233105.jpg 20180716_153204.jpg
20180802_134612.jpg
20180712_142129.jpg
20180727_110408.jpg
20180802_134815.jpg

Attachments

• 20180703_072857.jpg
    20180703_072857.jpg
    844 KB · Views: 28
  • 20180624_104041.jpg
    20180624_104041.jpg
    898 KB · Views: 35

drosera420

Premium user
420giveaway
Nice, what strain is that ? Killing it in that 10 gal !

I do the lucas 6/9 with some cal mag and epsom salt. Early on I've taken to adding silica too through veg. It seems to take the place of needing to put up netting. Now I tie down to the side of the 3 gal bags.

I vary a bit though watching the leaves. Most of my grows are straight sativa so backing off the micro is usually needed to 4 or 3 even.

I tend to shoot for ph 6.1 and 5.9. Seems to work good enough though.

Last edited:

Gogin_Diddle

Nice, what strain is that ? Killing it in that 10 gal !

I do the lucas 6/9 with some cal mag and epsom salt. Early on I've taken to adding silica too through veg. It seems to take the place of needing to put up netting. Now I tie down to the side of the 3 gal bags.

I vary a bit though watching the leaves. Most of my grows are straight sativa so backing off the micro is usually needed to 4 or 3 even.

I tend to shoot for ph 6.1 and 5.9. Seems to work good enough though.
Thank you. I've bred that cultivar..I believe all the cultivars I've posted in IC I bred. I was very lucky in many ways during the journey. As for the single plant grows I do. They are the mothers, or the clones of a mother from a cultivar I would be finished testing.