What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is anyone still using The Lucas Formula?

Gogin_Diddle

I've been using it for personal grows for years. I don't check ph, or EC, and I never get deficiencies, ph issues, I can cut of the N the last few weeks for amazing bag appeal, and smoothness without sacrificing yield. It works for DWC, rockwool, well everything.
I may add .4 ml of Drip Clean, or Roots by H&G the 1st 2 weeks of flower, just because.
My yields are as good as I've seen indoors, it costs next to nothing..
I'm just curious? I guess ya can call me old
20220430_114420.jpg
20220516_194949.jpg
20220508_191435.jpg
20220427_144121.jpg

Attachments

• 20220504_025755.jpg
    20220504_025755.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 70
  • 20220417_060626.jpg
    20220417_060626.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 78
  • 20220519_133513.jpg
    20220519_133513.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 75

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Would be interesting to do side by side with clone against GH Flora series. Is that the one that is 2 parts and mixed 6/9 for veg and 9/6 for flower? Best grow I ever had I micro managed the feed comparing the runoff PPM and PH in coir.

Gogin_Diddle

Would be interesting to do side by side with clone against GH Flora series. Is that the one that is 2 parts and mixed 6/9 for veg and 9/6 for flower? Best grow I ever had I micro managed the feed comparing the runoff PPM and PH in coir.
I do the complete opposite of what I do. I cut the micro out, and go 0- 12 bloom in coco, or 0 18 in bloom the last 3-5 weeks. I let the plant get its N from the leaves. I get amazing bag appeal, and a real smooth product even before a cure.
For some reason I can't pull up some of my older grows?

Loc Dog

Veteran
I do the complete opposite of what I do. I cut the micro out, and go 0- 12 bloom in coco, or 0 18 in bloom the last 3-5 weeks. I let the plant get its N from the leaves. I get amazing bag appeal, and a real smooth product even before a cure.
For some reason I can't pull up some of my older grows?
They ruined this site. Know many who left due to new interface.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Over 15 years with the Lucas ratio 8:16, never ran full coco so have not tried 6:9. I grew some amazingly complex cannabis.

I've dumped all my nutes and am using almost 100% rabbit manure for nutrients. The terpene production and complexity is simply unreal, so my efforts are now all bunny colored. lol ;)

I've been using it for personal grows for years. I don't check ph, or EC, and I never get deficiencies, ph issues, I can cut of the N the last few weeks for amazing bag appeal, and smoothness without sacrificing yield. It works for DWC, rockwool, well everything.
I may add .4 ml of Drip Clean, or Roots by H&G the 1st 2 weeks of flower, just because.
My yields are as good as I've seen indoors, it costs next to nothing..
I'm just curious? I guess ya can call me old View attachment 18756064 View attachment 18756068 View attachment 18756067 View attachment 18756065
🔥🔥🔥

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
Maxi bloom is almost the same, I use that outdoors. Have a plant coming down this week. Buds are super dense an swollen. Indoors I did one grow in soil, personally I've seen grown way better quality with canna nutes. Tho yeild was up there, if I did large commercial grows I'd go Maxi bloom/Lucas formula

Gogin_Diddle

I've never noticed a difference no matter what brand of nutes I've used. As long as the grow goes flawless, or near flawless the results have been very similar. Lucas just makes life super easy. The genetics seem to make the biggest difference
Is everyone who commented been doing this a while too?

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
I have been using the GH Flora series with coco hempy. The one that is 2 parts and mixed 6/9 for veg and 9/6 for flower for many years, micro grow under P LL lights, no complaints on quality or yield.

Works for me.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Is that why this site seems dead?
Pretty much. My favorite features were seeing friends recent posts, and list of them when online to chat. All have quit or rarely visit. Have been going elsewhere after doing google searches for information and pointing there. One site I was member of for 12 years and forgot about. Used to have feeling of community and helping.

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
apparently General Hydro is no longer selling to Canada? I was told this last week while shopping for nutes at a local shop.
I have been faithfully using the 8/16 lucas method with powdered koolbloom late in flower followed by a couple weeks of gypsum/molasses at the finish for years n years
Gonna have to figure out what I am gonna do if the GH not selling here thing is true.
There is a new BC made nutrient line , I think it is called Holland Secret but the bottle isn;t handy.
I tried using thier Bloom with GH hardwater micro , mixed at 8/16 and I dunno if that was a wise idea on my part. My plants are telling me NO LOL
Gonna have to reach out to Holland Secret and get a full breakdown on what is in those bottles in order to figure it out.
If GH isn't selling to Canada anymore because our stupid idiot dumbfuck prime moron Trudeau pissed them off..... well that is gonna suck royally

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
apparently General Hydro is no longer selling to Canada? I was told this last week while shopping for nutes at a local shop.

Yeah... the way things are going all over, I strongly recommend looking for local inputs to replace what we've been having shipped in. The distributor for Botanicare and a few other good companies was recently bought out by the Hawk Thorn Group (not real spelling lol), and they raised the yearly order minimum from $10k to $100k.

Makes me glad I just spent over a year learning how to keep rabbits healthy, happy and poopin awesome. ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts