What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Introduction to Grounded Genetics

PureSativaUK

Vendor
Grounded Genetics is one of the newer breeders to join the family of premium genetics that we stock here at Pure Sativa.

Grounded Genetics might be a newer company to some of you, but they aren't new to the game, having spent decades behind the scenes with a focus on cultivation and hash-making on the legacy, becoming deeply entrenched in the global cannabis scene. This dedication has led to them building several award-winning extracts and flower brands, placing first in events such as Legends of Hashish in Amsterdam as well as collaborative wins across Europe with brands such as DNA Genetics and Marimberos.
Now Grounded Genetics are now proud to finally share with the culture some of our best work to date in seed form.

Grounded Genetics' passion for collecting & preserving genetics, making new terp profiles and staying ahead of the curve was the driving force behind the decision to develop their breeding programme, further evolving the flavours they love to smoke so that they can be tried by all.

Grounded Genetics have released several lines so far, all studded with exotic terp profiles. The first line they released is the Runtz reversal line (fems):

The Runtz reversal line is comprised of the Pinata (Bacaio Gelato x Runtz), Frootz (Apple Fritter x Runtz), Designer Sherb (Sunset Sherbert x Runtz) & the Pink Limez (Lemonnade x Runtz). The Pinata & the Pink Limez is in stock, whilst the Frootz & the Designer Sherb two are sold out currently. The Pink Limez was dropped more recently than the rest of the Runtz reversal hybrids and is one I'm particularly excited about.

Grounded Genetics' next release was the Bacio reversals, including- Blue Bacio (Blue Sherbert x Bacio Gelato), 41 Sherb (Sunset Sherbert x Bacio Gelato) & Caviar Lime ( Lemonnade x Bacio). A number of these hybrids & the Runtz hybrids were also used in collaboration with Karma Genetics as feminised seeds hit with the Pollen of Karma's Melon strain.

Since then, there's been several regular hybrids using their carefully selected Jealousy (Gelato 41 x Sunset Sherbet Bx1) stud to pollinate a number of their incredible mothers, these included Jumpshot ( Gary Payton x Jealousy), Jelly Biscuits ( Biscotti x Jealousy), Ozark ( OZ Kush x Jealousy), Apple Fritter x Jealousy, London Pound Mints x Jealousy.

The London Pound Mints x Jealousy & Jelly Biscuits will be in stock at Product Earth as will be the Pink Limez & Pink Limez.

At the Product Earth 2022 event we'll be releasing Grounded Genetics' new strains which include 3 new Bacio reversal hybrids: Including Candy Gas ( Runtz x Bacio), The Glow ( Pancakes x Bacio) & Apple Fudge (Apple Fritter x Bacio).

They're also dropping a new Jealousy hybrid in regulars called Guava Jelly ( Sweets x Jealousy). Sweets are of course, from Karma Genetics being a cross of Guava Gelato with the Sour D Bx 2.

Then possibly the star of the show is the new Z Road hybrid line, this line of strains are all pollinated by the Z-Road, which is Zkittlez x Off-Road & Off-Road is Face Off OG x Road Dawg.

There are 8 new strains in the Z Road Line:

Vitamin Z ( Zunami x Z Road)
Zilk Road (Ozark x Z Road)
Z Pointer ( Jumpshot x Z Road)
Zlurpi ( Z Runtz x Z Road)
Raspberry Z (Raspberry Runtz x Z Road)
Blue Fizz ( Blue Jelly x Z Road) - Blue Jelly = Blue Sherbert x Jealousy)
Bizcocho = Biscotti x Bacio x Z Road

The 8th strain is Rainbowz which is Zkittlez x Z Road- this strain has only been released as freebies for Product Earth & the Z Road line.

Despite the prominence of hyped names throughout these genetics, Grounded Genetics is as grounded as their name suggests, and they only use real verified cuts for breeding & that leads to the incredible results that we've seen so far. If they keep on with their current track record there's no doubt they will quickly become a household name as they continue to attract attention for producing incredible results.

@groundedgenetics will jump into their forum and give it a kickstart following Product Earth so you guys have that to look forward too.

In the mean time have a browse of some of these beautiful shots of some of their phenos.

Picture 5, 6 & 7 is Pinata, 8 & 9 are the Frootz and the last picture is the Designer Sherb.

Which strains taking your fancy the most?

Thanks,

Josh/ PS

Attachments

• ozark-regular-weed-seeds-grounded-genetics.jpg
    ozark-regular-weed-seeds-grounded-genetics.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 204
  • jumpshot-reg-weed-seeds-grounded-genetics.jpg
    jumpshot-reg-weed-seeds-grounded-genetics.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 209
  • pink-limez-female-cannabis-seeds-grounded-genetics.jpg
    pink-limez-female-cannabis-seeds-grounded-genetics.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 211
  • pink-limez-female-weed-seed-grounded-genetics.jpg
    pink-limez-female-weed-seed-grounded-genetics.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 202
  • pinata.jpeg
    pinata.jpeg
    445 KB · Views: 232
  • QJdOHFT8.jpeg
    QJdOHFT8.jpeg
    525.4 KB · Views: 199
  • VbkeqooU.jpeg
    VbkeqooU.jpeg
    371 KB · Views: 186
  • dtkV2DkA.jpeg
    dtkV2DkA.jpeg
    620.6 KB · Views: 191
  • qgftL8W4.jpeg
    qgftL8W4.jpeg
    552.3 KB · Views: 186
  • 4WpgslFY.jpeg
    4WpgslFY.jpeg
    492.5 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
That's some beautiful buds but today there is so much picture perfect buds who don't deliver a great high it became difficult to make a choice. I usually wait to see to grow journal and smoke reports before buying anything or I stick to trusted breeders like Karma or Bodhi. If you want to sell this breeder's seed you should make a few test grows on this forum, this way every one can see what to expect from the seeds.
The line I find interesting is the Z Road, is there seeds of just this cross not mix with another strain?

PureSativaUK

Vendor
That's some beautiful buds but today there is so much picture perfect buds who don't deliver a great high it became difficult to make a choice. I usually wait to see to grow journal and smoke reports before buying anything or I stick to trusted breeders like Karma or Bodhi. If you want to sell this breeder's seed you should make a few test grows on this forum, this way every one can see what to expect from the seeds.
The line I find interesting is the Z Road, is there seeds of just this cross not mix with another strain?
@kro-magnon
Agreed there is so much bag appeal on the market today and just having some beautiful buds doesn't necessarily mean a beautiful smoking experience (or growing!).

I appreciate it isn't easy to pick with so many options, Grounded Genetics has collaborated with Karma Genetics on a few strains that we released at Spannabis 2022 and also one of Karma's new product earth releases uses Grounded Genetics Pinata cut as the mother which has then been pollinated by Karmas Sour Diesel Bx3. I believe at least one of the Grounded Genetics testers is a member of the forum as I recall seeing a Raspberry Runtz picture on here, will try dig up this info. @groundedgenetics will be updating this forum shortly once the Product Earth show is finished so perhaps giving out more tester seeds for test grows could be an option.

Z Road seeds haven't been released yet. The Off Road (Face Off OG x Road Dawg) which is a creation by Jaime Kusher (@jaime__kusher) which has been released with The Original Big Buddha Family Farms here.

Josh/ PS

Last edited:

Cloneman

Veteran
. I believe at least one of the Grounded Genetics testers is a member of the forum as I recall seeing a Raspberry Runtz picture on here, will try dig up this info.
Josh/ PS
here you go
page-449

page-257

I popped the Frootz in Feb and got 7 plants from 7 seeds, which is 100% excellence!
I popped the Caviar Lime last week and have 7 up from 7 seeds, will see how they go, so far 7 up is great!

giving out more tester seeds for test grows could be an option.
Josh/ PS

Put me on the test list (fems) if you can?

I'll pop back with some pics/info on the Frootz

Last edited:

PureSativaUK

Vendor
here you go
page-449

page-257

I popped the Frootz in Feb and got 7 plants from 7 seeds, which is 100% excellence!
I popped the Caviar Lime last week and have 7 up from 7 seeds, will see how they go, so far 7 up is great!

Put me on the test list (fems) if you can?

I'll pop back with some pics/info on the Frootz
Legend @Cloneman !

The Frootz was great when I was able to sample some of the phenos back in March, really stellar phenos found that I wish I had in the stash now.

Have you got any photos of your Frootz about?
Interested in the Caviar Lime pics too, all the photos I saw of her were super frosty.

@groundedgenetics will have to come back to you regarding testing as its his call what happens in regards to that but it would be sick to see a bunch of Grounded Genetics grows from the IC Mag gang.

Thanks,

Josh/ PS

PureSativaUK

Vendor
Hi All, we've just dropped 3 new @groundedgenetics Bacio Gelato aka Gelato 41 female hybrids.

The Glow= London Pound Mints (Pancakes cut) x Bacio Gelato (reversal)

Candy Gas= Runtz x Bacio Gelato (reversal)

Apple Fudge= Apple Fritter (lumpys cut) x Bacio Gelato (reversal)

Thanks,

Josh/ PS

Attachments

• grounded-genetics-apple-fudge-female-weed-seeds.jpeg
    grounded-genetics-apple-fudge-female-weed-seeds.jpeg
    173.3 KB · Views: 183
  • grounded-genetics-candy-gas-female-cannabis-seeds.jpeg
    grounded-genetics-candy-gas-female-cannabis-seeds.jpeg
    154.1 KB · Views: 166
  • grounded-genetics-the-glow-feminised-cannabis-seeds.jpeg
    grounded-genetics-the-glow-feminised-cannabis-seeds.jpeg
    193.5 KB · Views: 137
  • candy-gas-macro-grounded-genetics-cannabis-seeds.jpeg
    candy-gas-macro-grounded-genetics-cannabis-seeds.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 126
  • the-glow-grounded-genetics-female-weed-strains.jpeg
    the-glow-grounded-genetics-female-weed-strains.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 146

mack 10

Veteran
Flame in the house. Fritter cross looks tasty. As do the rest.
So what price bracket we looking?
£150/200 ?
I'll take Clonemans call on these.
So what's the man from del monte say?
Yay or nay?

PureSativaUK

Vendor
Flame in the house. Fritter cross looks tasty. As do the rest.
So what price bracket we looking?
£150/200 ?
I'll take Clonemans call on these.
So what's the man from del monte say?
Yay or nay?
Hi Mack 10,

They're £80.00 retail, this includes 7 seeds in the packet and the promo which is Zkittlez x Z-Road (3 seeds) so total is 10 feminised seeds for 80.00

Z-Road= Off Road ( Face Off OG x Road Dawg) x Zkittlez.

They do all look tasty to me, I would say The Glow is the most surprising as the appearance looks similar to Sour D in that first picture though I've seen other phenos that express both parents and that show the crazy resin production coming from the LPM/ Pancakes side of the genetics.

@Cloneman - @mack 10 has requested your thoughts on these, not sure if you have much awareness due to the new nature of them but just in case.

Mack 10 I would suggest having a quick browse on the product page linked in the post above.

Thanks,

Josh / PS

Last edited:

PureSativaUK

Vendor

PureSativaUK

Vendor
Morning guys,

Just a heads up we've got another new Grounded Genetics strain coming in today, this time being a regular variety.

The new strains is called Guava Jelly and comes in packs of 12 regular seeds! Grounded Genetics selected their keeper cut of the Sweets from Karma Genetics & pollenated it with their keeper male stud of the Jealousy.

Sweets = Guava Gelato x Sour Diesel Bx2.

Jealousy= Bacio Gelato aka Gelato 41 x Sunset Sherbert Bx1

Most phenotypes are heavy with the gas whilst also packing sweet Gelato-esque notes. Some phenotypes express more sour diesel fuel and petrol side of things but tend to still produce a rounded, dense structure.

The Jealousy Male stud consistently lends the deep purple colourations to a large percentage of its resulting progeny, resulting in spectacular bag appeal improvement no matter which cut he's paired. Guava Jelly also produces phenotypes with exceptional resin production that have that exotic Sunset Sherbet terp profile alongside the sandy trichomes from the Sour. The resulting make for superior hash-producing varieties this is rare considering the Gelato/ Sunset Sherbert family tend to be poor washers of fresh frozen material.

Thanks,

Josh/ PS

Attachments

• guava jelly.jpg
    guava jelly.jpg
    352.6 KB · Views: 102

PureSativaUK

Vendor
Hi all,

Just updating you that there will be 7 strains released from the Grounded Genetics team on Friday!

These strains are all feminised and all make up part of the Z-Road line. Z-Road= Zkittlez x Off Road that I mentioned previously. Have a scroll through these pics and let us know if any of these take your fancy!

Vitamin Z (Zunami x Z Road)- Zunami= Zkittlez x Jealousy
Zilk Road (Ozark x Z Road) Ozark = OZ Kush (1st release) x Jealousy
Z Pointer (Jumpshot x Z Road)= Jumpshot= Gary Payton x Jealousy
Zlurpi ( Z Runtz x Z Road) Z Runtz = Zkittlez x Runtz
Raspberry Z (Raspberry Runtz x Z Road) Raspberry Runtz = Runtz x Jealousy
Blue Fizz (Blue Jelly x Z Road) - Blue Jelly = Blue Sherbert x Jealousy)
Bizcocho = Biscotti x Bacio #4 x Z Road

The 8th strains, Rainbowz is a promo strain only and the lineage of it is Zkittlez x Z-Road

Thanks,

PS/ Josh

Attachments

• Rainbowz 2 (002).jpg
    Rainbowz 2 (002).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 156
  • Rainbowz 3 (002).jpg
    Rainbowz 3 (002).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 146
  • Bizcocho 1.jpg
    Bizcocho 1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 144
  • Vitamin Z 3.jpg
    Vitamin Z 3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 139
  • Vitamin Z 1.jpg
    Vitamin Z 1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 156
  • Blue Fizz 2.JPG
    Blue Fizz 2.JPG
    437.6 KB · Views: 146
  • Raspberry Z 1.jpg
    Raspberry Z 1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 139
  • Zlurpi 1.jpg
    Zlurpi 1.jpg
    751.6 KB · Views: 145
  • Z Pointer 1.jpg
    Z Pointer 1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 140
  • Zilk Road 1.jpg
    Zilk Road 1.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 145
Last edited:

PureSativaUK

Vendor
Hi all,

Just updating you all that the new Z-Road Line is now live from Grounded Genetics!

Unfortunately, the Rainbowz promo has temporarily finished as we've run out of stock but will be returning soon.

All 7 strains of the Z Road are now available here:

Vitamin Z (Zunami x Z Road)- *Zunami= Zkittlez x Jealousy*
Zilk Road (Ozark x Z Road) *Ozark = OZ Kush (1st release) x Jealousy*
Z Pointer (Jumpshot x Z Road)* Jumpshot= Gary Payton x Jealousy*
Zlurpi ( Z Runtz x Z Road)* Z Runtz = Zkittlez x Runtz*
Raspberry Z (Raspberry Runtz x Z Road)* Raspberry Runtz = Runtz x Jealousy*
Blue Fizz (Blue Jelly x Z Road) *Blue Jelly = Blue Sherbert x Jealousy*
Bizcocho = (Biscotti x Bacio #4) x Z Road

Josh/PS

Attachments

• z pointer.jpeg
    z pointer.jpeg