What's new

Interesting day of wildlife a my house.....

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
today im cleaning out my garage to put a new 12 lighter in. :dance013:

i go in my backyard to take a breather and there in a raccoon just chilling by my pool. i casually walk over to it and proceed to pet it for like 5 minutes. wtf?

then, as im cleaning my garage out, i open a cabinet and there is a possum in there with 10 babies! cute little fuckers, the size of a 8 week old kittens. now how the hell do i get them out of there?

a little while ago, i go upstairs to grab some water to drink. and there is a dog sized fox with a 3ft tail sunbathing on my deck! wtf?

now i live in the bay area, my city has a population of 140k, really odd to see all these animals.....

Last edited:

bentom187

Veteran
awsome, if the possums leave find away to keep'em out. they have very sharp teeth and claws.also find out how they got inthere in the first place.the rest i cant see a problem with unless you got pets of your own,they may get rabbies or somthin. try to post some pics next time.

krunchbubble

Veteran
awsome, if the possums leave find away to keep'em out. they have very sharp teeth and claws.also find out how they got inthere in the first place.the rest i cant see a problem with unless you got pets of your own,they may get rabbies or somthin. try to post some pics next time.

the mom will leave im sure. there is no way the babies can find there way out, i know where the hole they got in, is at. my Bengals made the hole to get in and out of the garage. when the mom possum leaves, ill try to figure out a way to get the babies out, will be hard im sure. i will take a pic of the babies tonight....

krunchbubble

Veteran
the fox ive seen before trailing some baby dear a couple nights ago. i thought it was a large, long tailed cat. if i can, i snap pics of it.

here are the possums, cant see all the babies....

C

cannagirl

when we lived in the Bay area I would see wildlife but it was always up in the hills, not down by the water on Alameda where we lived... Now living in CO, we see a ton of wildlife everyday, and I love it, the dogs, not so much!

the opossums are so creepy looking!

mrdizzle

duuuuude be careful with that possium, razor sharp teeth and def not afraid to use them, they will pounce on you

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

the 3 critters mentioned are all known carriers of rabies, a raccoon you can pet and a fox hanging out in the open are not normal behaviors and of course be very careful w/the mother possum getting protective bro.......

The raccoon's behavior isn't right. You shouldn't be able to pet a wild one . My local guys will come up onto the porch if I leave dog food out while the dogs are in, but they take off when they hear or see me. A lot of it is that your animals are in an urban environment and used to humans but I wouldn't get too near any of them, especially if there are reports of rabies in your area.

K

kannubis

possums can live with half their heads blown off

they are a brainstem more than brain requiring beast

I have seen one get shot multiple times with a .410 before dying, it laid there playing "possum" after the first shot with half its head.

T

tonto

if you look at that possum picture and tilt your screen back a little, it looks like an older, grey haired and gummy mouth version of sarah jessica parker.