What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Intake vent

Old Toker

I feel like Rip VanWinkle. Bought a cheap tent back into 2017 and used it for 1 grow before building a grow room. The tent was fine but is now long gone.

My questions are: what are the rectangular "micro mesh" vents used for? I don't remember these on my previous tent. I just used two round 8" vent hoses for intake. Cinched them tight and long enough to curve to avoid light leakage. Do these vents eliminate the need for my previous method? Is light infiltration not an issue with these vents?

Thanks for any insight/answers!

Old Toker

If these vents allow "light infiltration"... how are they useful? If a grower just wants to provide air flow without concern for light penetration, s/he could unzip a door or open any of the duct openings. I suppose if you only veg or keep mothers in your tent, then maybe the vents would be helpful.

In fairness... I also don't appreciate why windows are provided. Seems like just an unnecessary expense and light risk without any value.

Thanks for the feedback!

Deleted User 0283844

If these vents allow "light infiltration"... how are they useful? If a grower just wants to provide air flow without concern for light penetration, s/he could unzip a door or open any of the duct openings. I suppose if you only veg or keep mothers in your tent, then maybe the vents would be helpful.

In fairness... I also don't appreciate why windows are provided. Seems like just an unnecessary expense and light risk without any value.

Thanks for the feedback!
👍 agreed

Latest posts

Latest posts