What's new

Intake vent necessary?

solcanario

Hello guys,

I've been growing outdoor for many years now, just recently had my first indoor run.
I am now about to change the location and set up of the box.

I'm going to put a 150x150 tent in a room that is next to the outdoor. I'm planning to open 2 holes (IN & OUT) to get fresh air direct from the outside through an aluminium duct.
I have a 495 m3/h inline fan sucking the air out.

Now the question is...Do I need an intake fan or the strong outtake would be enough? I'm not sure if the air coming in would be sufficient for mantaining the good level of oxigen in the box. I believe it should work with out anything but I'd love to hear from you.
The noise of the 2 would be too much to have it not far from the bedrooms and living room, so I hope that I could save the intake fan...

What's you opinion?

in case it wasn't clear I've made a sketch 😂😂

Thanks so much!

box.jpg

troutman

Seed Whore
I don't have an intake fan.

My inline fan is at the roof at one end of my tent and
the bottom flaps at other end of my tent are open.
Air enters at the same rate it's exhausted this way.
Put intake and exhaust at opposing ends.

Cheers

solcanario

I don't have an intake fan.

My inline fan is at the roof at one end of my tent and
the bottom flaps at other end of my tent are open.
Air enters at the same rate it's exhausted this way.
Put intake and exhaust at opposing ends.

Cheers

Good to hear!

Yes of course intake and exhaust are at opposing ends.
I reckon with 550 m3/h (that's the one I have, not the 495m3/h) inline fan without using a filter is enough....

But please let me know your opinion guys!

thanks!!

Egregory6

I use an intake fan the same size as the exhaust. A smaller one would probably be sufficient but I like having the headroom of the bigger one. I find it very helpful to regulate temp and humidity. I experiment with different fan speeds on each in order to get it right.

I can place the intake over either the humidifier or dehumidifier and use the speed to adjust up or down. When I run an air conditioner on a separate port on the tent, it raises the humidity so then the intake goes near the dehumidifier. It's a delicate balance that sometimes is a moving target that is sometimes difficult to maintain, depending on atmospheric conditions. I don't always need it, but when I do it really helps.

I'm using a 3 x 3 x 7 tent with 6" AC Infinity inline fans.

Latest posts

Latest posts