What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
Yep, very short season at that altitude, and if you are in the shadow of a mountain for part of the day that will also screw things up a lot too. That's why most growers i know around there grow indoors, or in the sun for as long as possible then bring them in so they get that extra heat, and light especially flowering.

xet

Yep, very short season at that altitude, and if you are in the shadow of a mountain for part of the day that will also screw things up a lot too. That's why most growers i know around there grow indoors, or in the sun for as long as possible then bring them in so they get that extra heat, and light especially flowering.
It's a pretty alien environment.

I built miles of barbed wire fence thereabouts on the Mesa Verde and on up to 9600' further up. The sun is extra harsh, the wind is relentless and dry, and it seems impossible to hold on to moisture.

That said it looks like the owner/operator is running some especially rare genetics.

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
It's a pretty alien environment.

I built miles of barbed wire fence thereabouts on the Mesa Verde and on up to 9600' further up. The sun is extra harsh, the wind is relentless and dry, and it seems impossible to hold on to moisture.

That said it looks like the owner/operator is running some especially rare genetics.
He'll be using some Himalayan/Hindu Kush type genetics, which come from that sort of environment. If you get a chance, take a few cuttings, but don't get shot.

therevverend

Veteran
look like they've not got a clue how to grow sativa dominant plants, most look like they've been over fertilized. The only good pictures are the close up bud shots. Plant's might be fire, but you can buy hybrids anywhere. Looks like they're using the same fertilizer mix for every plant, which looks to hot for most of there plants.
He says all he's using is alpaca poop, very hard to burn plants with the stuff. Something's going on with those flowers; to me it looks like freezer burn. Growing in high altitudes in a greenhouse, cold temperatures with intense UV light. Sativas really don't look good in pictures; his look like pics out of a 50 years old High Times. They look faded to autumn colors to me, deep into senescence, the opposite of overfertilized. Tropical types usually stay green and foxtail like crazy, throwing hairs and never want to finish. Hard to imagine an overfertilized sativa ever finishing in a temperate climate, I've tried. He's got contact information; could ask him.

Last edited by a moderator:

p59teitel

Just wanted to give a shout-out to Angus at The Real Seed Co. A few months ago I reported to him that I was unable to get any of the Kabul strain seeds I had purchased from him to pop. He said he would look into their stock and see what was going on.

I became immersed in this year’s grow and had totally forgotten about that conversation. Lo and behold, he recently emailed me to confirm all the Kabul stock was dead, and offered to send me replacements of my choice. Now THAT’S customer service and then some!

Asio otus

Honeydew and colombia 90

Attachments

• 20220810_192116.jpg
    20220810_192116.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 87
  • 20220810_192131.jpg
    20220810_192131.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 79
  • 20220810_192053.jpg
    20220810_192053.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 85
  • 20220810_192104.jpg
    20220810_192104.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 78

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
Just wanted to give a shout-out to Angus at The Real Seed Co. A few months ago I reported to him that I was unable to get any of the Kabul strain seeds I had purchased from him to pop. He said he would look into their stock and see what was going on.

I became immersed in this year’s grow and had totally forgotten about that conversation. Lo and behold, he recently emailed me to confirm all the Kabul stock was dead, and offered to send me replacements of my choice. Now THAT’S customer service and then some!
Have you tried skuffing the seed along the side that splits with some sandpaper? I've had problems with seeds that will not sprout, but once i've done that, some seeds do pop. Zamel is a bitch to sprout, and i do that as soon as i'm going to pop em in wet paper towels and they take about 3 to 8 days to pop. If i don't do that they will not sprout at all.

p59teitel

Have you tried skuffing the seed along the side that splits with some sandpaper? I've had problems with seeds that will not sprout, but once i've done that, some seeds do pop. Zamel is a bitch to sprout, and i do that as soon as i'm going to pop em in wet paper towels and they take about 3 to 8 days to pop. If i don't do that they will not sprout at all.
I did scuff but no luck. Angus couldn’t get any of the Kabul stock he has on hand to germinate either, so the conclusion was it was just a bad batch.

Hempy McNoodle

When scuffing seeds with sand paper, I like to roll a piece of sand paper into a tube with the sandy surface on the inside. I put the seeds in and cover the open ends of the tube with my fingers while I shake the seeds in the tube to lightly and evenly scuff them.

p59teitel

Here are some pics of Waziri and Balkhi repros cruising into flower. These are from seeds I made from the original TRSC accessions I grew out in 2020. I’ve grown repros of both in pots both outdoors and on the windowsill in the winter (with decidedly non-professional light supplementation!) but I wanted to see what they’d do in the ground this season.

First up are Waziri Repro 2 and 3. 3 has red stems. Both are firmly into flowering -

9E5BD4A3-6828-4F94-8C81-BD1FD5C02389.jpeg
A9C7EB24-8122-40A0-8F2F-71CAC2506F16.jpeg

C36626F6-FF5F-4B92-91C6-0FA43C2E9DFA.jpeg

3F5333A8-B263-448D-AA86-171D143281B3.jpeg

Attachments

• D489BBD4-C261-4A5D-830D-B62132C5C71F.jpeg
    D489BBD4-C261-4A5D-830D-B62132C5C71F.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 49

xet

i always say it, there is no better exotic smoke out there then TRSC Mazar-i-Sharif. Go to the phylos and look at the charts even, it is top connoisseur exotic that will blow your pants off. I would imagine the Balkhi is too because they could be close enough geographically, but the heart of it being the Mazar

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
i always say it, there is no better exotic smoke out there then TRSC Mazar-i-Sharif. Go to the phylos and look at the charts even, it is top connoisseur exotic that will blow your pants off. I would imagine the Balkhi is too because they could be close enough geographically, but the heart of it being the Mazar

Now I know what to sprout next. Thanks @xet !!

p59teitel

Here are Waziri Repros 4 and 5. 4 is a very large and vigorous plant, the biggest in the whole garden. Over 8 feet and still climbing. 5 is the baby of the bunch and is over 6 feet. I’m hoping these show the same mold resistance and ability to handle soggy foggy September and October weather their mom did!

A6BB761D-78C2-4E1D-8C6D-E9839F2908CF.jpeg
19778D7A-A2BF-47D9-8A09-F8BA6240074A.jpeg
A35B7E46-F21A-43CF-A4DF-2B592D4ABCDC.jpeg
C84BEE1E-7082-42CF-94A6-4D77CA8DA59A.jpeg

p59teitel

I’m sure TRSC Mazar is excellent. I do have Baaba Qo’s Mazar on deck in the freezer for the future! The Balkhi is indeed a wonderful strain, great nighttime med that rocks some strength.

Waziri is a great daytime strain, very uplifting, it provides a feeling of contentment without any brain fog or laziness. Great for both yard work and writing legal briefs!

So far I’ve run into both garlic phenos and a more citrusy one. The garlic pheno is what I’ve got going this year. I still have a couple or three ounces left from my 2020 grow in jars, the strength is still pretty good despite the age.

Here’s a recent pic of the 2020 garlic pheno -

0BD7C70B-0888-4F61-8FD8-B11DC200A377.jpeg

And this is from the other pheno, a Repro I grew on the windowsill over the winter with minimal light supplementation in probably the worst indoor grow setup imaginable (no tent, no specialized lighting, no climate control, cold room in the 60s, all the wrong conditions). Yet it adapted just fine to its 2 gallon grow bag and turned into a 30” Xmas tree -
14812F67-D80B-4DFC-AE29-9CD4D57FA684.jpeg

Lesnah

I haven't been keeping up with this thread but has anybody had any experience with the Tora Bora (White Mountain) accession? If it has already been posted...would appreciate it if someone mentions the post #....

Thanks in advance!!

Latest posts

Latest posts