What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Industrial hemp in scotland ?

Hello fellow growers.

I am soon to take on a study trip with my class, and i am wondering if there are any "farms" where Industrial hemp is grown.

I've tried to google around a little, but i have so far not been able to find anything.

So my only hope now is that the Natives of Scotland are able to help me. - So can u help me ? telling me there is no-where in Scotland where they grow Industrial hemp is also an answer, but please don't give it, unless you are 100% certain (a.k.a. KNOW IT)

Sincerely

me

Silkyslim69

Back in 2001 after the foot and mouth crisis there was a farm in kirkgunzeon in Dumfries and Galloway . Me and my mate saw it in the paper and went a drive down one day , back in the days before camera fOnes , woulda been a great photo opportunity . But don't know if it's still going .

rocket high

Veteran
Only Govt licensed ones exist in the central belt that i know of and they belong to Universities. There's ones near Edinburgh but the govt don't like people snooping about their research facilities for obvious reasons so i wont divulge any more but ive seen it with my own eye's when working near the site this was in 2004 so i'm not sure if they have moved facilities or not.