What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Indoor veg outdoor flower AF

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran
Hello,

i'm currently growing an AF strain outdoor and i'm pretty satisfied but i want to know if vegging indoor and then moving outdoor can speed up things a bit (full outdoor cycle takes around 75 days). In that case whats the suggested light cycle for vegging? 20/4 is ok?

Peace

=K

Botanist

Never turn off the lights. The little guys gain nothing from the dark. I'm on my 4th gen of AF and have never turned off the lights its a wast of time and time is limited. If you bring the plants in it may take more or less time as far as a day or 2 but i don't see how this could matter all that much. I say leave them out and let the sun grow them for free. Besides you have to have one burly light to compete with the sun.

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran
Ok Botanist thanks for the tips. So in your knowledge there is not much difference in total time from seed to harvest AF indoor or outdoor?

Cya

=K

bromhexine

what many are saying is that the plants gain nothing from the extra hours of daylight that they can only grow so much in a day and require some darkness. the breeders are all suggesting 20/4. ive seen grows of 20/4 and 18/6 as well and i must say not much difference.

I read a report somewhere where someone flowered AFs with 12/12 , 16/8, 18/6, 20/4, 24/0 or some combination of those (you get the idea) and recorded the yield from each, and it supported the 18/6 choice, but I've got no link and I might have been high and imagined it.

krazycure

Gnome supports 20/4 from a long time playing with AF's, I myself stick with 16/8 so I can have the lights off while I'm at work but I've done 18/6 and 20/4 in the past and the difference is marginal in my opinion. Lumenous started at 20/4, 2 weeks in went to 18/6, at 4 weeks went to 16/8, and the last four weeks at 14/10 and he always had great results.

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran
Thanks for the info krazycure, is nice to experiment different light cycles and see what happens :D
I'll give a try!

Peace

=K