What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Indian Landrace Exchange strains

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Thx man:biggrin:

This one looks like interresting breeding material too. With 9 weeks its dev on the end of the bloomcycle because now the naners are getting more what is imo a sing of senescens. When chewing longer growing naners i can notice the pollen in them. I will dev try to make some fems with that pollen.

This plant was only sprayed once with essential oil mix and since it was getting frosty early no neem treatment. But the spidermites did not much damage to her. The thripse chewed on her and did a lot damage to the leaf. A second plant was additional sprayed with neem twice and the sm love to eat her.

ULMW

Super work Chilli! Lovely to see your grow report and initial smoke report. Thanks for posting! What a joy to have it in your collection. Happy growing!

Callamus

Thank you Dubi for helping us to appreciate the work of the hand of God as close to a direct creation as possible without being corrupted by man!

H e d g e

10 out of 10 Balochi #3 have happily popped but one was sadly lost shortly afterwards to either pot worms, sciarid larvae, or both.
The survivors have been baited with avocado, dried out, dosed with nematodes, and are looking well :).
The first couple above ground needed a little help shedding their shells so the remainder were excavated for a sneaky peak, the film between plant and seed case was like leather on almost all of them but they responded really well to a little snip and I’ve ended up with 9. I suspect this number would have been much lower without intervention, and slightly higher without the pesky pot worms.
Almost all have minor pigmentation abnormalities, one with significant variegation.
Very early days but there are some great aromas already, sweet hoppy floral spice and one with a particularly intriguing and deliciously moorish fermented fruit smell that doesn’t have the unusual pigmentation.
The pack was dated ‘19 -‘20, be interesting to know if anyone is getting similar peculiarities from the ‘20 -‘21 batch?

rolandomota

Veteran
I beg to differ ......potency is everything its the only reason why I smoke I hate growing things that are weak

H e d g e

Many thanks chilliwilli for the detailed report, I’ve not watered mine at all during transplant and they’ve settled really quickly into their new home. I’d almost certainly have overwatered them otherwise.

I’m not sure these plants are as nutrient tolerant as suggested, I too panicked at the consistent lime green/yellow being displayed so fed them a little but noticed some clawing and went back to straight pond water, they seem happier again with their original complexion.
Zard (bhang) translates to yellow so maybe the unusual colouration at this stage is to be expected? The description describes fading at the end of the flowering period but I was surprised to see it so early on.
Mistaking this for N deficiency might have caused an N toxicity and could be the reason for your bananas chilliwilli?

Also I wonder if spraying the mites with water may have contributed to the botrytis you experienced this run as these plants are not used to much rain? I recommend using a nebuliser diffuser with pure essential oils for 30mins three days a week, automating this with timers is recommended so that you can set the extraction to stop for an hour or two in sync with lights out. If you do this during or too soon before lights on then your plants will suffer photo toxicity.

Ic3 uses 10drops rosemary, 5drops geranium, and 2drops peppermint as a general insecticide.
For spider mites Ed Rosenthal recommends adding cinnamon and clove oil (which kills the eggs). For broad mites use cinnamon clove peppermint rosemary and thyme. And for russets it’s cinnamon clove geranium rosemary and thyme.
It’s important to buy organic because some essential oils are cut with synthetic oils which can be dangerous and/or ineffective. Treatment can continue throughout the flowering period as the oils are highly volatile and will quickly evaporate as well as having a good safety profile for humans and pets.
Your plants have a sense of smell and they will assume there are pathogens in the area which will trigger their defences, increasing their own terpene production.
Many of these essential oils will also treat/prevent mold and mildew.

Hope the above is not too off topic, I can confirm the method does work for broads and I haven’t had any issues with mold or other above ground bugs either since using it. Much better than nasty chemicals or moving house as some suggest.
Particulate size is critical which is why it’s best to get the pure oil neb diff.
Don’t use in combination with sulfur.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
I can confirm the nutes sensitivity too. The longest flowering one got heavy burned with canna bio flores. Together with the mites it was too much and the plant wilted. I'm running her again now and everything looks fine.

Yeah the daily shower was dev a factor for the mold but only a few buds were affected so not much problem for me.

I think the nanners came from the long flowerphase. The early plant looked good at 42d and went 63d.

Thx for the essential oil tip i will try the diffuser that sounds less work than spraying the plants.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi H e d g e, glad to hear you have had a good germination rate with your Balochi #3 seeds :yes:
Kindly post some pics if you have the chance, it's much easier to find out where the problem could be.

Hope you are having a great autumn chilliwilli :) always great to see you aroud, all the best with your next Balochi round.

H e d g e

No bother chilliwilli :) I’m excited to have found a solution I feel comfortable with for my broads so it’s hard not to go on about it at length given half a chance.

Thanks for the interest Dubi! I’m sure I know what most of the issues have been about and between them I’m amazed I still have all 9 plants.

New premixed (just add water) organic soil from my local grow shop came with some free pot worms and sciarid larvae who ate most of the roots and one whole seedling. Then having completely ignored my last run of zamal bliss (which is just beautiful after a cure btw), the broads returned and seem to love the Balochi! Especially the variegated one which is their favourite by far. Could be they came with the soil but not sure.
I’ve put the diffuser back on and they seem to have gone again but they live inside the leaves and excrete phytotoxic body fluids when you kill them which can be harsh on the plant if you have a few in there when you first use the oil.

So they all made it and were recovering well when it froze here so my neighbour kindly put rock salt on our shared wooden decking area, which polluted my water source. I realised shortly after watering the plants what had happened. Checked and the ph/ppm were way off so looked up rock salt and found that it is used specifically as weed killer! Didn’t want to flush them as they don’t seem to like water much so removed as much mud as possible (lucky they were still in small pots) and have put them all together in a couple of really big pots with fresh substrate that’s not too wet.
Then there was a power cut overnight in minus temps!

They’ve recovered from each disaster well but even when the leaves are looking really enthusiastic about the day they’ve always been a bright lime green yellow colour so I’ve been starting to wonder if this is just their normal happy state? They seem much happier in the big pots and I’ve discovered that their favourite thing is to have a fan pointed directly at them, so that’s what they’ve got :). Maybe they will green up a bit now I know what they like.

Looking forward to taking some cuts and finding out which are the ladies when they’ve had a chance to settle and make some fresh new roots of their own.
If they stay this colour at least I can stop worrying about the possibility of an impending doom pheno :).

Ill take some pics but it seems rude while they’re still recovering from all the stress and not yet looking their best.
Give’m a week and they’ll have bounced back I reckon.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Hi icmag
my long flowering balochi#3

She is now at 73d and got 10,5 h light the last month. Not sure how long she will take since the early one i grew looked ready after 6 weeks but i waited 3 more weeks for mostly amber resin. When i let this one go that far my guess is +16 weeks. At first run i couldn't finish her since the borg won the battle but was smokable at 12 weeks but far from ready.
Hope i can finish her this run since she really got very dense over the last 2 weeks and 2 branches already broke under the own weight. The branches are also bending heavy but imo she gets that swollen look the plants have in their natural enviroment. Smell is very light but when i manipulate her i got that floral closley jasmin smell.
There was not much resin visible at first but with a microscope you could see an intense resin density.
She is very leafy and the buds only got visible with the latest swelling. I tried picking some leaf but she grow twice the amount back.

20220117_205510_(1).jpg

20220117_205724_(1).jpg

IMG 6411

H e d g e

I noticed a couple of new plant pics from wailing valley have been added to the ace web page.. is this a promising sign of more seeds arriving? Hope so, I hear good things about these.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Correct H e d g e we have received a re stock on all ILE strains, fresh Wailing Valley stock too: https://www.aceseeds.org/en/brands/indian-landrace-exchange.html?limit=36

And new Kashmir genetics, 2 Pulwama variants:
Pulwama Green: https://www.aceseeds.org/en/pulwamagreenregularseeds.html
Pulwama Pink: https://www.aceseeds.org/en/pulwamapinkregularseeds.html

Semi domesticated pure landrace from Pulwama district (Southern Kashmir). Pulwama is a very sensitive region in terms of socio-political situations and often is subjected to closures, while fire fighting between army and terrorists is just another day.

Pulwama is also well known for its prolific 'challi hash' production which is basically dry sieved hashish baked inside of the corn cobs.

These plants grow rapidly in their vegatative growth and produce lots of leaves and with great potential for lateral branching if promoted by training, However these plants stretch 3-4x their size as they transition into the flowering state with minimal bract wise growth for at least first 3-4 weeks after which the branches quickly start nesting small but well- defined buds with long-sharp and thick stigma.

Copious amounts of resin production kicked in somewhere around week 6, firstly upon the bracts and then the bract leaves as well. Purple and red colored bracts from the flowering onset. All of the females have a similar profile which is built upon an overwhelming berry tangent, the plants exude a deep mixed berry smell which resembles – blueberry, raspberry. with hints of floral incense like aromas.

Signature Kashmiri creeper high, that builds up slowly, peak experience is very relaxing and uplifting.

Invaluable and definitely one of the most fantastic cannabis landrace varieties to come.

Pulwama Pink.jpg

Pulwama Pink2.jpg

Pulwama Green.jpg

Pulwama Green2.jpg

Pulwama Green and Pink.jpg

Pulwama corn hash.jpg

rolandomota

Veteran
I am dying to try the Kandahar Red Selection! Unfortunately I cannot find a seedbank for it that ships to CA/US. Anybody able to help a brother out? :D

Yes red scare seed company usa only its called agha red and its very very limited they had the black one but it sold out fast they also have a few hybrids of both.

I have a pack of Deep Purple Dashti and a pack of Balochistan #3. The DPD had 9 seeds instead of ten, I tried 2 seeds - one popped and is male, the other never popped. I tried 4 seeds of the Balochistan #3 and none of them popped. I used paper towel method. Another time I tried lightly touching the seed with sandpaper. I am ok with the DPD male because I'm collecting pollen. I need to figure something out before I run out of seeds because they won't pop.

Rory Borealis

Veteran
Manipur burma

I'm going to cut her down in a few weeks and try her again this year outside. She's on 10/14 been flowering forever, goes through a lot of reflower cycles.

Lemon and raisinettes, lovely smells. Really interesting grow:good:

Yep. I grew Manipur Burma this past summer/autmun. It takes a reeeeaally long time. Before you cut it down, switch the lights to 9.5. It will help. I haven't grown it indoors, but I''l bet it responds to the red/orange spectrum better. There's also the possibility of some plants having the "endless re-flower" gene. It could be some survival mechanism that some of them have built in.