What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Independance, will we still use the UK drugs law's

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
well voting for anything other than SNP is like voting Tory
Labour are unelectable and just as bad as the Tory's
Lib Dem have absolutely no credibility
doesn't leave a lot of choice

as to Iceland, the jailed the bankers and refused to bail them out
right now they are in a better position than us as is country's like Norway which we are closer to in the way of resources and culture and there not members of the EU

jimmylad

Hi Dude, we are only subject to Scots law in Scotland. As far as I know it's been like this for centuries and I maybe wrong but I think our law was one of the few institutions left unaltered after the union into the UK. However, it could be the EU laws we have to worry about in the not so distant future!

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hope the Scots vote for independence, it will open the door for the welsh and northern ireland. Let westminster know just how unpopular they are.
as gmt says above,i dont know if it would be a good or bad thing in the long run but it seems scotland gets a shitty deal,when you remember the 80s when they stopped the needle exchanges in scotland,as i understand this caused a massive eruption of aids and hiv on the muirhouse estate in edinburgh to name but one[users having to travel to newcastle to get needles etc] ,dont know if all scotland will go for it,especially the "old money" families though....good luck...peace and regards s2

I

izzywozzywizzy

The whole of scotland hates David Cameron and his merry band of tossers.when it comes to scotland you can
See the contempt in their.faces

A few years ago Scottish police would not bother about small amount of cannabis there focus was on the damage herion was doing to communties but since the uk has went skunk crazy as the media call it skunk 60 times more stronget than i dont know what :5 years ago the scotish police declred they wouldn't pursue cannabis smokers now its differant.I would hope snp look to america for inspiratiion about mmj weed ,trouble is drink is to ingrained in Scottish culture for peeps to even think about canabis as a painkiller.I would vote for independance asthe torys are scum and I remember what Maggie thacter did to us ,they are doing the same shit now they wete pulling in the 80s ,fuckung the poor right up there arses

DruidsStash

I wouldn't put much faith in the SNP changing the drug laws, Nicola Sturgeon was on question time nodding in agreement with some tory or a nut from the daily mail when they were filling the air with rubbish with regards to cannabis.

After indpependence I doubt the SNP will be about for much longer, people have been talking about them splitting up and forming different groups, they are a tool for independance and not much else.

The right is finished in Scotland, thats the majority of labour included. I have some faith in a sensible approach being taken after independence with the majority having a say instead of the minority. More people have to start speaking up too, talking to these MP's regarding medical use and the benefits along with showing them how other countries do it helps.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Sorry to drop in as an American(the family's 400 years removed from Scotland), but I was wondering if you guys could tell me why other than the general good feeling of independence why you're so keen on ending the Union? It seems from our perspective over here that the benefits of Union outweigh those of disunion, or what it's looking like it will come down to, independence while still using the British pound.

Now what? :dunno:

Smoking kills

Right (first post) After independance, it would be down to Nicola what our drug policies will be, the SNP will need the support of the greens who are in favour of decriminalisation, so think it would be down to us to use civil disobedience, which means getting off your arse and help make a difference, petitions, 420s, getting together in large numbers and smoking, challenge them! They can't arrest everyone.

Smoking kills

Really?

Really?

i thought the fact i called the torys scum may have gave you a hint that i don't vote tory and when salmond wants to get rid of trident , shuts faslane which is scotlands biggest employer we are going to be in even bigger shit and given he uses iceland as his role model for scotland its not to promising is it not to mention entry to europe our share of national debt only having 20 years of oil reserves ,what happens with the currency
personally i would rather stick with the union ,i would love independence but i just don't think it makes sense sad but true

When we shut Faslane all the english servicemen and all the english companies will leave, most of the employment at Faslane is the Navy, they will take their sailors with them, with very little impact to the economy of the area, anyone who loses their job can always retraing and grow some bud

Latest posts

Latest posts