What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Increased Cannabinoid Yields & Advanced Grow Teks - Breed Tek Talk etc...

Hasch

learning and laughing
What's your take on Triacontanol?

1-Triacontanol is a naturally occurring plant growth regulator. 1-Triacontanol is a saturated long-chain alcohol that has growth-promoting activities on a number of plants.

Verdant Whisperer

What's your take on Triacontanol?

1-Triacontanol is a naturally occurring plant growth regulator. 1-Triacontanol is a saturated long-chain alcohol that has growth-promoting activities on a number of plants.
I do not have triacontanol in my foliar formula recipes because i believe adding extra triacontanol could upset the plants natural balance of hormones ect. I see more negatives supplementing triacontanol than positives. anything that the plant prodcuces naturally should not be added in its pure form in my opinion because it upsets the plants natural balance.for example its like a body builder taking steroids, it messes up his natural production of test and estrogen. or someone supplmenting creatine, it has negative effect on bodys natural production of this. these are my personal recipes for foliars i came up with: also i do not use essential oils for similar reason as for not using triacontanol because the terpenes could throw off plants natural balance. Throwing some alfalfa pellets in the field for sure will help but spraying in pure form no way.
Foliar Recipe: Revitalizer (Vegetative – Early Flowering)
  1. Allicin
  • Usage: Incorporate 0.5 mg of allicin (equivalent to 1/4 crushed clove) per 1 liter of water.
  • Benefits: Allicin, derived from garlic, is rich in antioxidants and exhibits antifungal and insecticidal properties. It serves as a natural defense against infections and bolsters plant immunity.
  1. Aloe Vera Gel
  • Usage: Dilute 5 ml of aloe vera gel per liter of water.
  • Benefits: Extracted from aloe vera leaves, this liquid provides vital moisture, promotes healing, and forms a protective barrier on plant tissues. It plays a crucial role in shielding plants from damage and potential infections.
  1. Ascorbic Acid
  • Usage: Add 75 mg of ascorbic acid to 1 liter of water.
  • Benefits: Ascorbic acid, a form of vitamin C, plays a pivotal role in promoting plant growth, facilitating photosynthesis, and enhancing stress tolerance. Additionally, it functions as an antioxidant and serves as a cofactor for numerous enzymatic reactions.
  1. Citric Acid (0.5%)
  • Usage: Incorporate citric acid at a concentration of 0.5%.
  • Benefits: Citric acid, a naturally occurring organic acid, contributes to nutrient availability in the soil. It also aids in pH regulation and can enhance nutrient uptake. Furthermore, it can have positive effects on root development and microbial activity in the soil.

Foliar Recipe: Growth Fortifier (Vegatative)

*NOTE* If in high humidity conditions do not use or use sparingly as this formula can encourage growth of fungal infections on the plant.

1. Fish Emulsion
  • Usage: 10 ml per liter of water.
  • Benefits: Fish emulsion is a natural fertilizer rich in nutrients like nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium. It also contains essential micronutrients and promotes healthy plant growth.
  1. Molasses
  • Usage: 5 ml per liter of water.
  • Benefits: Molasses provides carbohydrates and trace minerals to plants. It also supports beneficial microorganisms in the soil.

Foliar Recipe: Terpene Booster (For Use in Early – Mid Flowering)
Citric Acid: 0.5%
Nitrogen (N):
2%
Phosphorus (P): 3%
Potassium (K): 4%
Magnesium (Mg): 1%
Sulfur (S): 0.5%
Iron (Fe): 25ppm
Manganese (Mn): 10ppm
Zinc (Zn): 10ppm.
Molybdenum (Mo): 0.25 PPM
Boron (B): 10 PPM
Copper (Cu): 1 PPM

(35.14% MAP/64.86% PN) + Mg Sulfate + EDDHA Micronutrients.

Last edited:

Verdant Whisperer

Ok, thanks for the input and example 👍🏼
Makes sense to me.

May I ask what you use / recommend as foliar feed (spray)?
Examples i Edited in above, I make my own mixes, as cannabis specific nutrients are a scam, and ripoff in my opinoion they serve a purple but im not paying 50$ for liquid MPK when i can buy a kiligram of it for 4$ and other ingredients and make my own mixes at 5% of the cost of cannabis specific nutes. just takes a little time to investigage products and learn the best ratios ect. investigage each ingredient and their properties, for example i try to use MAP and PN more than anything if i can because they are the less stress for plant than some of the other salt fertilizers.

Verdant Whisperer

I do not have triacontanol in my foliar formula recipes because i believe adding extra triacontanol could upset the plants natural balance of hormones ect. I see more negatives supplementing triacontanol than positives. anything that the plant prodcuces naturally should not be added in its pure form in my opinion because it upsets the plants natural balance.for example its like a body builder taking steroids, it messes up his natural production of test and estrogen. or someone supplmenting creatine, it has negative effect on bodys natural production of this. these are my personal recipes for foliars i came up with: also i do not use essential oils for similar reason as for not using triacontanol because the terpenes could throw off plants natural balance. Throwing some alfalfa pellets in the field for sure will help but spraying in pure form no way.
Foliar Recipe: Revitalizer ((Vegatative – Early Flowering)
  1. Allicin
  • Usage: Add 0.5 mg of allicin or (1/4 crushed clove) to 1 liter of water.
  • Benefits: Derived from garlic, allicin has antioxidant, antifungal, and insecticidal properties. It can help prevent infections and boost plant immunity.
  1. Aloe Vera Gel
  • Usage: 5 ml/L.
  • Benefits: A liquid extracted from aloe vera leaves, it moisturizes, heals, and protects plant tissues from damage and infection.
  1. Honey
  • Usage: 5 ml/L.
  • Benefits: A sweet substance produced by bees, honey provides carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to plants. It also acts as a natural preservative and antiseptic.
  1. Active Dry Yeast
  • Usage: 4 Grams/L
  • Benefits:
  • Amino Acids: Active Dry Yeast contains a range of essential amino acids which are important building blocks for proteins. These proteins play a crucial role in various biological processes in plants, including growth and development.
  • B Vitamins: It is a natural source of B-complex vitamins, including B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B5 (pantothenic acid), and B6 (pyridoxine). These vitamins are involved in various metabolic processes in plants.
  • Growth Promoter: The yeast helps stimulate microbial activity in the soil, which in turn can enhance nutrient availability for plants. This can lead to improved growth and overall health.
  • Enhanced Stress Tolerance: Active Dry Yeast can help improve a plant's ability to withstand environmental stressors, such as drought or disease, by enhancing its natural defense mechanisms.
  • Improved Nutrient Uptake: It promotes the uptake of essential nutrients from the soil, leading to better overall nutrient utilization by the plant.

Foliar Recipe: Growth Fortifier (Vegatative – Early Flowering)
  1. Fish Emulsion
  • Usage: 10 ml per liter of water.
  • Benefits: Fish emulsion is a natural fertilizer rich in nutrients like nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium. It also contains essential micronutrients and promotes healthy plant growth.
  1. Molasses
  • Usage: 5 ml per liter of water.
  • Benefits: Molasses provides carbohydrates and trace minerals to plants. It also supports beneficial microorganisms in the soil.
Foliar Recipe: Stress Away ((Vegatative – Early Flowering)
  1. Seaweed Extract (Spachem)
  • Usage: 0.5g/L.
  • Benefits: A natural source of plant hormones, minerals, amino acids, and polysaccharides. It stimulates plant growth, development, and resistance to stress and diseases.
  1. Fulvic Acid
  • Usage: 2ml/L w/ 5% liquid fulvic acid.
  • Benefits: A type of humic acid, fulvic acid improves soil fertility, nutrient uptake, plant metabolism, and crop quality. It can also chelate metals and buffer pH.
  1. Ascorbic Acid
  • Usage: Add 75mg of ascorbic acid to 1 liter of water.
  • Benefits: A form of vitamin C, ascorbic acid enhances plant growth, photosynthesis, and stress tolerance. It also acts as an antioxidant and a cofactor for various enzymes.

Foliar Recipe: Terpene Booster (For Use in Early – Mid Flowering)
Citric Acid: 0.5%
Nitrogen (N):
2%
Phosphorus (P): 3%
Potassium (K): 4%
Magnesium (Mg): 1%
Sulfur (S): 0.5%
Iron (Fe): 25ppm
Manganese (Mn): 10ppm
Zinc (Zn): 10ppm.
Molybdenum (Mo): 0.25 PPM
Boron (B): 10 PPM
Copper (Cu): 1 PPM

(35.14% MAP/64.86% PN) + Mg Sulfate + EDDHA Micronutrients.
I am working on adding in Alfalfa extract to the stress foliar after looking into seaweed extraxct it is basically 5% auxins and 95% cytokinins and looking at seaweeds, and looking at seaweeds structure this makers sense long and skinny. so to avoid long and skinny plants im adding in something that is high in auxins associced with foliage IAA not IBA whats more for roots and would be better with willow extraxt in a soil drench. so by adding in alfalfa extract it will be a more balanced foliar, that will effect plant growth in a more balanced manner while adding in additional benefits like triacontanol in its natural form. i think using only seaweed extract makes the stems long and skinny i've observed by adding in alfalfa this should balance out seaweed extract. also thats bs about seaweed extract being good for root growth i read high levels of cytokinins can inhibit root growth, i could be wrong if so let me know but this makes sense to me. theres alot of products that promote seaweed extraxct for root growth. this would be a good experiment to try and have two controls one for swe and one for alfalfa and then various groups with different ratios of swe/alfalfa to see what concentration contributes to the best overall growth profile in cannabis via foliar.

Last edited:

acespicoli

Best cloning methods?

Amazon floating ultra sonic fog maker snip 3 nodes drop in a foam cooler drilled hole with some water
with or without IPA powder or gel, willow water etc not necessary
Put a clear solo cup over the clone with a few holes in them
Runs about 80F degrees
Cheapest way 30$ works great 🤷‍♂️ plant once roots are a few inches long
Goto resturaunt trash they get food shipped in free foam coolers seafood especially
Reduce reuse recycle drink from the solo cups atleast once ;)
The misters are like 10$ and the float is 10$ use it for Halloween spooky fog :pumpkin:
Few days to a week :plant grow:

www.frontiersin.org

Variables Affecting Shoot Growth and Plantlet Recovery

in Tissue Cultures of Drug-Type Cannabis sativa L.

Tissue culture approaches are widely used in crop plants for the purposes of micropropagation, regeneration of plants through organogenesis, obtaining pathogen-free plantlets from meristem culture,

Get as fancy as you like they dont all live, air bubble in stem kills
after cut drop immediately in distilled water glass
keep cloner filled up high first few days

Bonsai Mum's OT1 Fogponics

1697111723233.png

Academic Methods

Cloning
����Cloning����
Cuttings should be harvested from disease-free stock plants under non-stressed conditions.
Collect turgid cuttings during optimal water conditions (non-wilted plants). Environmental
conditions that increase propagation success are provided by an atmosphere that reduces
water loss and maintains leaf turgidity, with optimal humidity between 75 and 90%, often
achieved using humidity domes or “mini greenhouses”. Ample but not excessive light and
clean, moist, and well aerated rooting media should also be provided (Casillas 2016). Ideal
temperature should be around 25-27 °C (78-80 °F) with a root zone temperature of about
27-30 °C (80-85 °F). Once cuttings are taken, check for disease daily along with moisture
content of media. If using humidity domes, monitor humidity levels and include fresh air
daily.
Materials
• Scissors/Pruning shears

• Lab Gloves
• IBA based rooting Hormone (we use ClonexTM)
• Beakers/Cups
• Spray Bottle w/ water
• Sterile medium (potting soil/Oasis Cubes/Water)
• Humidity domes (if using potting soil + trays)
• 70% ethanol (alternative isopropyl alcohol)
• Paper towels
• Seedling flats
• Disease-free Cannabis plants (ideally in the vegetative state)
• Aeroponic apparatus
• Mist timer
• Heating mat

Common cloning tools and supplies
Methods (Aeroponic/Hydroponic)
1. Start with clean water (DI or tap) with no fertilizer
2. Cut lateral branch close to a node at a 45-degree angle
3. Gently scrape the stem around the cut to expose cambium layer
4. Remove any lower branches, keep approximately 3-5 nodes worth of leaves, leaving
cutting looking like a “palm tree”
5. If taking many cuttings at a time, place cuttings in a beaker/cup of water until ready
to dip into rooting hormone
6. Dip bottom 2 cm of cutting in rooting hormone, IBA (ClonexTM)
7. Place cutting in aeroponic/hydroponic system
8. Let sit and watch for roots (7-14 days)
9. Use alcohol to disinfect tools before moving on to the next accession

Aeroponic cloning setup at PGRU
Methods (Potting soil/Oasis Cubes/Humidity Dome)
1. Cut lateral branch close to a node at a 45-degree angle
2. Gently scrape the stem around the cut to expose cambium layer
3. Remove any lower branches, keep approximately 3-5 nodes worth of leaves, leaving
cutting looking like a “palm tree”
4. If taking many cuttings at once, place cuttings into beaker/cup filled with water
until ready to dip into rooting hormone
5. When ready to root cuttings, emerge bottom 2cm of cutting in rooting hormone
(ClonexTM)
6. Place cutting with rooting hormone into seedling tray with potting soil or oasis
cubes
7. Place humidity dome onto tray, mist water on inside of humidity dome
8. Let sit and watch for roots (7-14 days)
9. Use isopropyl alcohol to disinfect tools before moving on to the next accession

Typical humidity dome setup
Modified aeroponic rooting system protocol (Regas et al. 2021)
1. Generation of a mother plant for clonal propagation
a. Select healthy, female mother plant that exhibits desirable traits
b. Allow mother plant to reach the appropriate size (roughly 25 mature shoots)
for clonal propagation
c. Allow mother plants to remain in the vegetative growth stage (light:dark =
18h:6h) to promote shoot growth for future propagation

2. Construction and preparation of aeroponic system
a. Begin by positioning the lid on top of the container. Drill desired number of
holes into the lid while providing adequate space (~3cm) between each
b. Position water pump in the center of the container
c. Pour 7-8 L of distilled water into the container so that the pump nozzle
remains roughly 2.3 cm above the waterline. NOTE: This ensures the
submersible water pump can push water with enough force to spread across
the container lid. Distilled water is recommended; however, regular tap
water may also be used.
d. Situate the appropriate amount of Oasis Cubes or media of choice into each
slot. Turn on the pump and allow it to run for 24 h on a set timer.

3. Selecting and excising appropriate shoots
a. Collect shoots near the apical meristem using a sterilized scalpel or scissor.
Cuttings are ~10 cm in length, ideally with several nodes. NOTE: Cut the stem
at a 45° angle. Cutting at a 45° angle increases the surface area of the basal
portion of the cutting, allowing more space for root development.
b. Remove all foliage except foliage present on the top three nodes

c. Dip the newly excised cutting into the rooting solution containing indole-3-
butyric acid (IBA) ~ 2-5 cm up from the base of the stem for ~5 s
d. Insert the cutting into the center of an Oasis cube positioned in the aeroponic
system. NOTE: the cutting insertion depth is to remain ~1-2 cm from the
bottom of the Oasis Cube
e. Mist the unrooted cuttings with the water every 100 seconds for 20 seconds
f. Grow the cuttings with 18-24 h of light per day with a photosynthetic photon
flux density (PPFD) of 100 μmol/m2/s at 24-29°C and 40-60% relative
humidity.

4. Aeroponic system maintenance and propagule health
a. Replenish the system with water at a pH between 5.0-6.0 every 2-5 days
b. Lightly mist the cuttings every 100 seconds for 20 seconds
c. Add 5 mL of each nutrient solution to the reservoir every 3-5 days
d. Add 15 mL of the algae and bacteria cleaning solution containing
hypochlorous acid (0.028%) per 10 L of water every 5 days

5. Transplanting propagules
a. Select the cuttings with long, white, fibrous roots. NOTE: Avoid cuttings with
brown, slimy, and short root systems as this is an indicator for the presence
of root rot and will usually take longer to acclimate to the new growing
medium and can bring unwanted diseases.
b. Place cutting into potting soil media, transplant propagules to 4 L nursery
pot filled with a nutritious soil mix. NOTE: Watering immediately is
recommended to prevent the roots from drying out.

6. Cleaning and storage of aeroponic system
a. When the system is no longer in use, wash with water and clean with 70%
ethanol or another disinfectant (i.e Greenshield)
b. Remove the filter from the water pump and rinse with water to remove
debris
c. Dry the system by wiping it down with paper towels or washcloth
d. Place pump inside the tub with the lid on and store until it is needed.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts