What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

In House Genetics - Cherry Gorilla

M

meowmeowmeow

Meow very much :tiphat:

Mac I know you mentioned something about freebies and females earlier.
I too feel the same way, but....I did pop 2 HSO Chocolate Mint OG's and may get them back.
From my experience I've had better, stronger & healthier plants from regular seed stock.
I understand how knowing they're female is great, but fuck paying more.
It's hard to see, but the way the flower sites are developing on the branches definitely looks promising.
With only 3 plants I'm interested to see the phenotype's we end up with....more Cherry Pie ? Blackberry Kush? or GG#4 (please please please). :dance:
Have a good day.

M

meowmeowmeow

Ghetto style ........ found this on da web :rasta:
From the growth I see now mine look similar.

cg.jpg

macamus33

Hey meow. Nothing against female seeds/some growers love them. I have just had some very bad experiences with female seeds. The latest was about 3 years ago with a freebie "Northern Lights" fem seed. Had to go away for work for about 12 days. I had my brother water my plants but he is not a grower. Well anyway I get home and this whole plant has hermied on me bad. Ruined my whole closet/harvest, it was seeded so bad. I do not remember the breeder for that seed but I swore then no more fem seeds in my gardens ever, from anybody. I have had very few herm issues with well bred regular seeds over the many years I have been growing/ over 25 years indoors and 35 years outdoors.
Besides that I am an amateur pollen chucker and like to produce my own seed from time to time. Need the males for that/should not breed plants from fem seeds.
I will be watching your "Cherry Gorilla" grow closely. Think I will try those seeds first when I get set back up.

M

meowmeowmeow

Understood. Not sure if my clones will make it but i have a good feeling these cg's are gonna be fire.
I've had hermie issue but like you stated they were female seeds....that being said the offspring we some of the strongest genetics at least the finished product.a

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
Meow very much :tiphat:

Mac I know you mentioned something about freebies and females earlier.
I too feel the same way, but....I did pop 2 HSO Chocolate Mint OG's and may get them back.
From my experience I've had better, stronger & healthier plants from regular seed stock.
I understand how knowing they're female is great, but fuck paying more.
It's hard to see, but the way the flower sites are developing on the branches definitely looks promising.
With only 3 plants I'm interested to see the phenotype's we end up with....more Cherry Pie ? Blackberry Kush? or GG#4 (please please please). :dance:
Have a good day.

i was going to ask what the make up of the cherry gorilla was but i see now,looking very nice so far, i love the glue leaf twist .
good luck:tiphat:

M

meowmeowmeow

Little update.....

Little update.....

Meow .......

howdy bugman52 glad to see you stop by. I've enjoyed viewing some of your posts. :tiphat:
Just one, but CG #2 is on point with #1.
Last week of veg for these girls....sitting at about 3 ft .... wondering about the stretch now.
Super healthy :woohoo:

CG_1_5.jpg

PS.....Added another 300 w LED and the 40 w panel to the tent.

Last edited:
M

meowmeowmeow

Update....

Update....

Meow meow meow...

28-30 inches in height.
So end of the 5th week of veg.....about to flip these bitches to 12/12.
I'm hoping for around 1.5 ft max of stretch, but who knows.
Scents are starting to get a bit danky, but not anything too loud to cover.
Cleaned up the bottom canopy a bit yesterday also.
Got 1 other girl somewhere else flowering already, so I'll try to get a pic.

Happy holiday weekend for my 'merican peeps. :headbange

Last edited:
M

meowmeowmeow

1 wk F.jpg

On an unfortunate note one of the 3 was a boy and this guy had it.
Big balls & healthy, but just couldn't handle him.

Last edited:
M

meowmeowmeow

Boys Town......

Boys Town......

Meow......
I must like sausage cause I found my 2nd boy today.
Unfortunately I can't handle any stray pollen hanging around, so he's gone to a better place. :wallbash:
I'm not a pro by far, so this is honesty. It's all good.

No worries I gifted the only girl and I'm going to see her today.
I'll post'em if I got'em since its not on site as much as possible.
Outside of this....the scent when both boys were taken was FUCKING DANK as hell. :woohoo:

Thanks to all peeps for the positive vibes.........I can't wait to give you guys the smoke report.
Meow-up and enjoy the weekend. :rasta:

Last edited:
M

meowmeowmeow

Getting close...

Getting close...

Meow all.....

Not the best but here she is.....lots of coaching done.
Going to let her go 70 to be sure...
She's not in my care .....but will be dried and cured by me.
Smoke report coming soon....can't wait.

20160630_214802.jpg

Don't play with fireworks this weekend light up a doobie instead. :joint:

M

meowmeowmeow

Thar she blew....

Thar she blew....

Meow....

Decided to take her down last night after she showed up on my doorstep.
Pretty, so far....dark fans created a nice contrast.
Smelt sweet like the RK on squeeze, but picked up some GG#4 funk on one bud.
Day 1 of 7-10....then curing...then blazin'.... :joint:
cg_d_1d.jpg

M

meowmeowmeow

In the end......

In the end......

Meow all.......

Really disappointed in the whole situation, but I will share.

Undeveloped flower = wah wah bud is the story

Smells like GG#4 and tastes like Cherry Pie with the tangy aftertaste.
Def sativa.....haven't slept well.

If I run her again I will def share.
I am sold on IHG's gear and have seen many others running it with sucess.

:thank you:

airplane

can't beat In House just finished "Sugar Cane" "OGKB V2" - they have a 100% gremination rate have Slurricane and Aproicot x OGKB V.2 they do base many of their strain on Slurricane and Platimum so get "Sugar Cane" (Sluricane x Platimum) they are pricy !! good geneticd

kro-magnon

Veteran
I have a pack of Cherry Gorilla f2, I can't find a grow journal of this cross, there is a lot of info on a few of In House Genetics strains but almost nothing about their regular seeds.
If some of you have already grown those seeds please share your experience here. I've bought this pack because it was not very expensive so I can try this breeder for a fair price specialy with the Terple freebees who came with the Cherry Gorilla. I have no idea if their regular crosses are as good as their feminised seeds but I'm tempted to make a few seeds so I can explore the different genetic expressions much further.
I'm currently vegging the 2 Terple, they"ll start their flowering in a week, only then I'll germinate the CGf2 seeds. Please share your thoughts and experiences with this cross.

kro-magnon

Veteran
I have 4 CHERRY GORILLA females who are beginning to flower, they had around 5 weeks of veg time but they are all different size because some have bigger pots, 2 of them have been slow to show their first pistils so they stayed for a long time in small 4L pot.
I had a 5 seeds pack but 1 did not germ and strangely I had 4 females out of 4 seedlings, it's the first time I have only females out of regular seeds. I wanted to use some pollen from a CG male but it won't happen, I hope none of the female will turn herm. So far the 4 females have only a few pistils, 3 of them have pretty much the same shape typical of the OG Kush but with stronger branches who don't bend easily and 1 is more bushy. I'll share some pictures when the flowers are more developed.

Charles Dankens

I've grown a few IHG strains. I feel like the flower is always great looking and the smoke is above average. Right now I have a Platinum Punch @ 30 days 12/12. I cañ put a pic.

airplane

I have 4 CHERRY GORILLA females who are beginning to flower, they had around 5 weeks of veg time but they are all different size because some have bigger pots, 2 of them have been slow to show their first pistils so they stayed for a long time in small 4L pot.
I had a 5 seeds pack but 1 did not germ and strangely I had 4 females out of 4 seedlings, it's the first time I have only females out of regular seeds. I wanted to use some pollen from a CG male but it won't happen, I hope none of the female will turn herm. So far the 4 females have only a few pistils, 3 of them have pretty much the same shape typical of the OG Kush but with stronger branches who don't bend easily and 1 is more bushy. I'll share some pictures when the flowers are more developed.
have run many of their strains - 60day flower is too short - give them at least 1 more week 72days being to long

Latest posts

Latest posts