What's new

Imported weed in Amsterdam

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Hi folks,

I would like to discuss a bit about Amsterdam imported weed and where to find good samples around Amsterdam coffe shops. I'm not interested in hash imports or any commercial weed. Only imported ganja. ;)

I'm looking for a good smoke of imported Thai or African weed. Not really interested in the Jamaican as I'm sure those would be just poor quality hybrids.

I know there are many places serving Thai weed but probably the quality would be different. I've read at the menu that the Black Star has Ghana, Thai and imported Durban Poison too. I know a few folks who even grew seeds from those but I've read also some bad reviews on that coffeshop on internet.

The goal is smoking some good outdoor local weed grown under tropical sun. Hopefully after trying some different samples I'll find some decent quality weed to get a nice exotic, uplifting and clean high while I do some tourism around the city.

Vibes.:tiphat:

P.S: Menu

Black_Star10122012_Lloydy.jpg

moses wellfleet

Veteran
personally I think the only way you will get the real deal is if you visit those locations!

I really doubt the Dam coffeshops would have that level of integrity to supply you with genuine landrace strains!

Rinse

Veteran
But Musta, all the state of the art breeding and technology over the years has given us all the shiny green skunk, haze and kush hybrids we can dream of, and you want this crude compressed weed like the 70's? lolol...

I have actually been questioned by bemused coffeeshop staff on more than one occasion when ordering import weed... "You do know this is weed right"? "not like skunk" etc....
In Blackstar they were quite impressed that I ordered the Ghana, which was good smoke btw. I will try the Durban next time.

I also enjoyed the Jamaican from Bluebird - it may be a hybrid but the smell was exquisite, earthy vanilla forest...

I did try several Thai's but cannot remember details, most of them seemed very good for the price.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Thank you guys for the responses.

But Musta, all the state of the art breeding and technology over the years has given us all the shiny green skunk, haze and kush hybrids we can dream of, and you want this crude compressed weed like the 70's? lolol...

I have actually been questioned by bemused coffeeshop staff on more than one occasion when ordering import weed... "You do know this is weed right"? "not like skunk" etc....
In Blackstar they were quite impressed that I ordered the Ghana, which was good smoke btw. I will try the Durban next time.

Yeah I know but to be honest, I'm pretty sure that as far as hybrids, I can smoke any better weed here at home or any friend's place. Same with Spanish Cannabis clubs.

So that was the reason why I was looking for some exotics. Probably in past decades the products were nice but I'm sure that even if it's weak in potency, some of those local Ghana weed should have a cleaner effect than any hybrid strain in the whole Amsterdam, right? lol.

I'll check those out, I love africans man... and I normally try to stay away from modern hybrids with skunk or afghan genes because I don't like the high. :tiphat:

Rinse

Veteran
Thank you guys for the responses.

Yeah I know but to be honest, I'm pretty sure that as far as hybrids, I can smoke any better weed here at home or any friend's place. Same with Spanish Cannabis clubs.

So that was the reason why I was looking for some exotics. Probably in past decades the products were nice but I'm sure that even if it's weak in potency, some of those local Ghana weed should have a cleaner effect than any hybrid strain in the whole Amsterdam, right? lol.

I'll check those out, I love africans man... and I normally try to stay away from modern hybrids with skunk or afghan genes because I don't like the high. :tiphat:

Im the same, was being sarcastic, most of the typical hybrid weed gives me an edgy high that leaves me tired,
a good sativa gives that smooth lasting happy effect, high yet at the same time more grounded/centered.
Peace.

ahortator

Veteran
Hi everybody

Hi Musta

It seems you are looking for Thai or African seeds.

I am sure you must have seen Nol Van Schaik has a growing report about Thai weed he got from the Thai Stick he sells in his coffeeshop.

http://www.hempcity.net/travelreports/11strains2003/thaisinse/index.html

I have been searching and his coffeeshop Willie Wortel is not in Amsterdam. It is in Haarlem at 20km from Amsterdam.

Currently they have Thai in their "wiet menu" in their web. In fact Thai is the cheapest of their weeds.

I wish you have a good trip!

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Sometimes, the 'Thai,' the Jamaican, and the whatever else is the same pot.

I was looking for the sun-grown imports, on a trip years ago to smoke with my hash. The Budtender and I had a laugh - I politely called Him on it.

He said - "You weren't supposed to notice, no one asks for that stuff anymore."

I chuckled and instead bought a gram of some fine Nepalese Hash. He threw in an extra one for being a good sport.

T

tropicannayeah

I chuckled and instead bought a gram of some fine Nepalese Hash. He threw in an extra one for being a good sport.

An Amsterdam bud tender GAVE you a gram of Nepalese hash for FREE?????

I'm astonished.