What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Imported (Moroccan, Afghani, Nepalase) Hash photo's and discussion....

bibi40

I've recently bought a few pieces of hasch from a friend who has good connections and I've been pleasantly surprised by the quality but I'm confused by the different strain names and processing methods. By example what means static hasch, how do you make it ? No one has been able to explain to me and I can't find valuable info when I google the words.
I'm in France so all the hasch I see is from Morocco but it is very different from what I was used to get in the 90's, some for the better because I did not forget the awful soap bars who were flooding the market in the 80's and 90's and many old timers seem to have forgotten those pieces of shit. Morocco only started to produce haschich in the 60's when some hippies showed them how to dry sift the buds they were growing for their kif. It has never been a tradition in this country to make haschich unlike Lebanon or Afganistan so it's not a surprise their methods are evolving with the demand because it was created by the demand of those hippies from rich countries.
I'd like to be able to score something similar to the aya from the 90's or like the first quality I brought back from the Chefchaouen mountains but this era is over and the current production has on average a better quality than the average quality of the 90's, I have not seen anything as disgusting as some of the worst soap bars could be. Too many people are looking at the past with rose tainted glasses and tend to forget all the bad from tis time but it's not a fair representation of the market from this era, you needed to have good connections to score something good in the 90's because the commercial grade was very often of extremely low quality compared to current commercial grade. And it's easier to get better qualities today as well than it was before, fuck I had to go to Morocco myself in 99 to get the best hasch possible.

Hi mate ,

here is a good video about stactic 3x filtered :

you can see how much work and time is it in this tuto ,
like said it' s pretty impossible to get this quality for cheap price ,

and yes i remember the nightmare of the " donker " soap bar ,
that' s unforgetable ....

:tiphat:

kro-magnon

Veteran
Hi mate ,

here is a good video about stactic 3x filtered :

you can see how much work and time is it in this tuto ,
like said it' s pretty impossible to get this quality for cheap price ,

and yes i remember the nightmare of the " donker " soap bar ,
that' s unforgetable ....

:tiphat:

Thanks for the video, I now understand the process but I'm not a fan, way too much loss with so much manipulations and I'm not obsessed with trichome heads purity, I honestly don't mind having trichome stalks and a little bit of plant matter in my hasch. Some of the best grade I've smoked were certainly not 100% trichome heads but it did not stop me from enjoying the taste and high. I would not be surprised if those close to pure trichome heads were less tasty than other form of extraction because some terpenes and other chemicals must be in those stalks and plant matter.

bibi40

Thanks for the video, I now understand the process but I'm not a fan, way too much loss with so much manipulations and I'm not obsessed with trichome heads purity, I honestly don't mind having trichome stalks and a little bit of plant matter in my hasch. Some of the best grade I've smoked were certainly not 100% trichome heads but it did not stop me from enjoying the taste and high. I would not be surprised if those close to pure trichome heads were less tasty than other form of extraction because some terpenes and other chemicals must be in those stalks and plant matter.
Can talk about the taste or other things since i never smoke any by myself ,prices are outrageous at Amsterdam and i didn' t know other places for got true one ,

some people can certainly argue about that around here , and they are welcome ;)

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran

Exactly right according to people that smoke the socalled statics coming from maroc, the lower grades with more plant matter have more flavour.

I think it's the potency that is higher when the hash is just trichome heads. Sam reckoned his static was 50 percent thc.

Peace

kro-magnon

Veteran
I have no doubt the raw potency is extreme but it's only a part of the pleasure for myself, I love the taste some good hasch can have. My favorite type of haschich is the red lebanese, it has such a strong and lovely taste I really love it but I have not seen anything close to some real red leb since a very long time and being from France the only place I ever found some was in the Netherlands. It seems they don't export a lot of it today or it does not reach Europe anymore

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
I have no doubt the raw potency is extreme but it's only a part of the pleasure for myself, I love the taste some good hasch can have. My favorite type of haschich is the red lebanese, it has such a strong and lovely taste I really love it but I have not seen anything close to some real red leb since a very long time and being from France the only place I ever found some was in the Netherlands. It seems they don't export a lot of it today or it does not reach Europe anymore

Everyone says that, the lucky people that got to try the real Red Lebanese will always pine for it. I remember Frenchy saying the same thing. Red Leb was his fave of all time.

Peace

kro-magnon

Veteran
Everyone says that, the lucky people that got to try the real Red Lebanese will always pine for it. I remember Frenchy saying the same thing. Red Leb was his fave of all time.

Peace
I'm not surprised it's a favorite amongst many people because it's really a work of art when you get the real one, the texture is close to some high grade Moroccan but the taste is different certainly because it's not made with the same genetics. I'd be so happy to have a piece of red leb to smoke now but I have no plug for this type of delicacy.

velorex

Spelling be damned, still really tasty and well cured.
1000004680.jpg
1000004681.jpg
1000004682.jpg

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Couple of modern purchases of recent..

THV semidry Blue Zushi
IMG_5228.jpeg

Per bar this was pretty reasonable. Fruity with a hybrid type vibe, everybody loves this one.

90/180u egg
This one is actually a bit much for me. Very strong. Very much doubt it has anything to do with the real Tahoe OG. Very piney.. just one of a few eggs I bought.. all a bit different, but this one smacks.

IMG_5231.jpeg

NotYourSaviour

Again great to see this thread being so active lately. Special shout outs to the people taking care showing the interior of their gear – can't be praised often enough!

I for instance tried my best when taking some pictures during our recent trip to the Dutch coast, too.

First three pictures representing new and old school hashish from Morocco. The blondish one to the left hand is the second best when it comes to foreign genetics as having a strong enough effect on me mind as well as a nice if mediocre taste. Commercial high grade to me.

The one to the right is the best traditonal Moroc picked up this trip ; unfortunately this is only second quality and one item I haven't seen at said coffeeshop as I usually go for their flagship oldschool Moroccan hashish which would be well deserved when named that way :biggrin:though it was off the menu and budtender recommended this here instead.

One of those Morocs one notices a lovely relaxed body feeling while mindwise it is not obvious one consumed good hashish prior, very uppish.

Too light in taste for my liking so merely a commercial high grade to me and again[though was expected]pales in comparison to my beloved masterpiece of all time I again showed in my last post.

Worth a try though – unfortunately no other classic found this time.
1 First Selection Of traditional and  non-traditional High Grades Supposedly From Morocco From...JPG

2 First Selection Of traditional and  non-traditional High Grades Supposedly From Morocco From...JPG

3 First Selection Of traditional and  non-traditional High Grades Supposedly From Morocco From...JPG

Next lot is a selection of high grades with foreign genetics from this holiday.

4 Second Selection Of High Grades With Foreign Genetics Supposedly From Morocco From Coffeesho...JPG

First one is the best of this trip when it comes to foreign genetics as too having this standard drysift taste leaning to the kush side and a strong enough effect on me head and body ; again commercial high grade.

5 High Grade With Foreign Genetics Supposedly From Morocco From Coffeeshops, May, 2023 .JPG

Next one I don't remember at all but wasn't particular bad so qualitywise pretty similar to the other three this trip.

6 High Grade With Foreign Genetics Supposedly From Morocco From Coffeeshops, May, 2023 .JPG

That one here was the most blonde of that trip but lacked a bit of taste but not in potency. Still a commercial high grade to me.

7 Blondish High Grade With Foreign Genetics Supposedly From Morocco From Coffeeshops, May, 2023.JPG

@Potty1

Indeed! I like your personal marketing slogan and got immediately convinced:biglaugh:

@Velorex

Looks like you scored some at least nice enough gear lately even though indeed along dubious offerings.

Bummer as your country seems to have a bit of a history in regards to high quality hashish though of course for an often very high price compared to rest of Europe. Thanks for naming and shaming of various products you showed ; it's a filthy business on average again.

Fingers crossed for you better stuff is coming your way, cheers!

@Bibi40

Enjoy your price-performance ratio then, wouldn't have expected that and seems you're not the only one rating this, too.

Thanks for your report about current grass hype in Thailand during your stay by the way!

@Birmaan

Enjoy your red Lebanon then! Personally as reported only saw low quality stuff from Lebanon in recent years, mostly blonde variants though. Too mostly at coffeeshops.

Saying so I noticed offerings from Lebanon too during recent trips this very year. Even at reputable shops they seemed to be low quality ; remember even one where rthe ed and blonde variant were sold for the same price just a few weeks ago, haha.

While I'm on it : prior Covid19-pandemic and especially during it until now I - still no interested in them at all for reasons I stated multiple times in this thread – noticed a dramatic decrease when it comes to imported hashish from Asia.

Talking about especially stuff from Nepal and India, let alone Afghanistan. As usual talking about high quality from there no lows and mids as they are seemingly still about sadly. Good stuff is available at the usual spots but even there is much less to be had. Seems it is going elsewhere these days. Just saying I personally only care to some degree[cultural heritage].

@Ojd

I remember you announced your project in Morocco some months back so best of luck regarding the next steps of final implementation!

What you reported about farmers picking up different crops from different farms of one strain of foreign genetics to make a certain grade of hashish seems to be pretty common in Morocco([and probably elsewhere, haha].

Followers of this thread may remember the talk about so called 'Gardella/Khardella'[sp]which is Arabic for 'Mix' which was refering to hashish indeed with foreign genetics and back then that meant genetics from Pakistan, Afghanistan and even Jamaica ; around ten years ago it roughly started coming a lot.

Too there were said similar things compared to the approach of today ; also I heard then they mixed different harvests too which means their landrace and the foreign genetics, got told this in person by a few sources for Moroccan gear, too..

For example landrace + afghanistan et cetera.

And you know what ? Back then when it appeared I was still around the same circles I use today and when it comes to Moroccan people respectively sources the majority weren't consuming this themselves but sold it, a lot of them judged it as bad and the usual gibberish was stated as for example that Ghardella makes everyone crazy or one gets headaches compared to the beloved landrace.

I remember multiple occassions where I got told this.

Still the same people and others I meet randomly along the way with Moroccan descent riddicule the new foreign genetics and the new techniques or try to tell me shit in immense variation about it ; annoying but I learnt to deal with it. Long story though.

Many storytellers in those circles and in this so called industry[or is it in the end just human again?Definitely but it seems in this scene is an excess of them around, guess why, haha.]so when I read they tell you that the flavour of their landrace comes from Walnut trees grown around that area my internal myth detector switches on. I mean you already told them it is probably about the local soil et cetera and trees as well as other plants aren't having an influence on the local soil or what? It is basically what you said:laughing:!

A good salesman is spicing things up a bit, huh? I'm good, thanks.

Though to give them the benefit of the doubt they just don't know better and I will ask around if others see it the same way, oh my.

Anyway, fingers crossed these people will get you some of the classic landrace hashish you personally seemingly haven't seen for a while but as others and myself reported in this thread it is still around.

Very good approach of you confronting them with some of your saved classic Moroc – this is my approach with sources as well as I have a fridge/freezer full of items as reported for special occassions and such.

The only way to deal with such ignorants whether it is about quality possible or new techniques[not talking about a matter of taste here!] it seems the majority is only learning through personal experience ; needless to say many don't deserve such attention as mostly in such cases they just shut up without commenting it or of course don't come up with the classsic 'to err is human' – no, most stay ignorant but they had their chance, right?

Though this only goes for 1% of possible new sources I'd acquire along the way as the rest only gets the good stuff[not the very good stuff!]and mostly they already get nuts about it on the average and consider this 'very good/great/amazing/super' or what ever inflated term they usually spit out with their too often exaggerations ; no, the very good stuff is reserved for a tiny minority while I still think everyone deserves the best[ in my utopia at least].

Needless to say one doesn't make many friends with this approach but it is well worth it to weed out those characterless human beings.

Too I agree with you that presenting stuff you look for instead of 'stories from back in the day' is the royal road as just look at this thread over the years how many people talk about stuff happened in their youth decades ago.

Basic argument here against this is people talk about their experiencies when they were young and it was new to them as well as it happened at a certain point in their life so lots of personal feelings of them connected to it which highly unlikely will ever come back, let alone what type of quality they really consumed back then when they were inexperiencied with effects and such ; too I think a good bunch of them when it comes to consumption just consume for too long and are in fact bored of it already so tend to idealize respectively romanticise things[no offence intended].

Let alone those whom backpacked a traditional producing country and tried qualities there[did anyone say setting might have an influence on an experience?]

[Talking about inexperience it is also interesting what studies of memory brought up too in recent decades – psychologist Julia Shaw is a good point to start if anyone is interested as it adds to the picture but of course all taken with a grain of salt].

Gene pool: I'm a sorta purist so at one point also stated in this thread I fantasised about a field of just one selected phenotype of what ever genetic background – clones used and all that. That is basically your point too , right?

Personally only produced a bit of dry sift when growing was possible and this was only a mix of strains then indeed. In the meantime until now I could enjoy modern approaches from indoor grows of indeed only one strain which is lovely, yes. Either bubble, rosin or dry sift. Very clear and deep in taste I agree but also one dimensional to some degree when compared to others.
As I also had two strains mixed hashish[so two strains but indeed only one phenotype represented each indeed ; from indoor crops] and it adds some complexity definitely to the taste so today I'm still an anal sod but would now say I'd enjoy both approaches if done properly every now and then[though it is a sorta gamble indeed when there is for example strain 1 overpowering the taste of strain 2 indeed ; let's say if they don't really match tastewise as e.g. they are both very dominant in taste].

Only have a basic knowledge about plant breeding from school and I'm a very anal person myself so then being anal I have to comment that when you say you prefer the Moroccan landrace due to it supposedly providing more or less one phenotype I'm not sure I get it at all.
I mean I get S1 or clones used would produce a very certain taste but the Moroccan landrace I imagine through permanent cross pollination should have a variety of flavours respectively phenotypes too which indeed makes the taste so complex compared to a hashish produced indeed from S1 or clones.

Do I get this right, am I too anal or just wrong? Too as far as I understood it in the past the whole cannabis breeding is still quite at an early stage compared to other plant breeding[just think about vegetables or do I compare apples and oranges here, haha?]for various reasons and illegality being one of them. Thus I'm very excited what the future holds as for example I'm curious what breeding projects in let's say the Usa will bring up with indeed a lot of space for experiments.

This will change this game tremendously and gladly wash away a lot of today's so called 'breeders'. Sure it is gonna be even more commercial but a lot more professional as well and hopefully bring a better foundation for indeed future breeding. Maybe I'm a bit too naive considering I can't stand corporate crap and such but am sure there will be some professionals coming up with dedication not only aimed at the highest profite possible.

By the way: you posted that spliff and at first I thought you are rolling a pure hashish joint which I like to do as well every now and then. A closer look tells me there is a base of grass involved, isn't it? Personally I do this too at partys, concerts or other celebrations for fun but as said I'm a purist so no mixes. Just sayin, enjoy!

@A lil spanish

Thanks again for your contributions, keep it coming and all the best for this season then! Keep the updates flowing, please.

@Hiphop_odc

Enjoy your oldschool Moroc, too!

@Ticketyboo

Thanks for explaining your cure approach. Cured or uncured tripple sifts are a horse of a different colour, yes? That's a statement, enjoy, too!

@Kro-Magnon

You summed it up pretty well[in fact the last 100 pages of this fine thread here, haha, cheers], Morocco back then and today. Morocco is indeed mostly an offshore of modern genetics grown there today heavily influenced by the demand from Europe and elsewhere.

@Kalbhairav

Blue Zushi, huh? As said I appreciate it madly them Moroccan farmers are so up to date!

Apart form that it is a beautiful snapshot, cheers!

Looks really tempting to me and I know they work as mentioned relatively good since a while. Saying that I have to correct my previous post in here as I was told during this trip when I went to said coffeeshop where I picked that supposedly static one up[they were sold out of that section those days then]that it was not produced by that section but an other one as it was labelled wrong on the menu.

So yet I only know their 90u approaches and ice-o-lator from personal experience but I'm as said entirely satisfied, good gear mostly.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts