What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Imported (Moroccan, Afghani, Nepalase) Hash photo's and discussion....

awwc

Man I am so DONE with people planting high yielders with little to no terpenes like critical mass then printing out some random label and slapping it on, like, it's not 2005 anymore guys we are supposed to know better. Unless you made a strain named it after the Hawaii drink but the likelyhood of that is almost 0 if not 0. Even worse it when they buy cheap plant terpenes from Spain and then add them in, like come on guys !!!

/rant over, nothing personal AT ALL by the way this is in now way a personal attack or anything like that, I just think that it's time for a different mentality among many Moroccan hash makers/exporters/importers etc but it will take time you can't blame anyone that doesn't know really.

Last edited:

awwc

Looking like some straight up Fire!

I always have questions when I see this type of stuff as to what is the percieved way of people thinking about this type of hash. It can only be one of a few options I think. (When it comes to genetics, not processing although processing does play a key role, all cheese is made from milk but parmesan is not the same as gouda cheese and a young gouda cheese is the exact same thing as old gouda cheese just it had been ripened and the flavor changes by quite a bit.)

Anyhow back to the question I imagine it being one of these options:

1. Heirloom, meaning, a farmer just collects whatever seeds he gets when the hash gets beaten, he plants them next year and so forth and so forth, there is no human being making any sort of selection.

This comes with the problem of today that is persistant in Morocco and will only keep on getting worse, neighboring farmers planting reg seeds that come from everywhere around the world by any (whitelabel or otherwise) breeders. You can sort of eliminate this by staying far away from any other farm in the area and going higher up or very low down and away from a farm, the key is just being away from other farms. But it is not completely unlikely that a couple of plants will get hit by some unknown pollen which man has have had hand in breeding, this is not too bad if it's done over one generation but if the pollen came from a very new poly hybrid then let's say 1% of that hash plate will be that strain in a few years, and 2% the next year (arbitraty numbers, itr could be any % but it will go up inevitably.)

2.Preserved genetics, some individual that kept plant(s) that he/she found somewhere that were most likely natural heirlooms, these are kept indoors or in greenhouses and are planted and open pollinated yearly so that the % of ''foreign'' pollen is kept to a minimum, the disadvantage of this of course is that eventually the adaptation aspect will not be of the moroccan heirloom varieties anymore (which of course were never from that area but that's a whole different discussion to start)

I have no info on how fast the adaptation is although in my (short) research cannabis adapts itself quite rapidly, more than many other plants.

3. Clones, this is a scenario that is extremely unlikely and rarely happens if ever, we can rule that out for any old school stuff I think but anyone in here who reads this please correct me if I am totally wrong about this.

4. Feminized perserved genetics, again unlikely but more possible than clones, I know of at least one farm that has bred ''heirloom'' genetics in the south of spain and then made S1's again, this would be not traditional at all but is this a better option than letting the cannabis get hit with unwanted foreign pollen slowly changing the genetical make-up over-time into a selection of stuff that may have been made in and for indoors enviroements instead of the natural real heirloom selection that occurs in nature.

5. Very old seed stock. This is pretty unlikely but possible, cannabis seeds can germinate even when not refrigerated for many decades, however the likelyhood of this when talking about ''the real old school moroccan'' is very unlikely''

6. Something entirely different please fill in.

There are a couple things given IMO: when beating old world hash the plant MUST be seeded, this is one of the reasons I personally believe is what contributes (a little bit) to that old world/old school taste, we seeded a plant indoors in a small tent on purpouse and one unseeded to see how the resin would differ, it does make a difference in fact!!

That's all I got for now, anyone that got any kind of input it is always appreciated.

sandsmp81

Veteran
@NotYourSaviour

Haha I totally forgot to post the cherry pie but I've found a snap on my phone, it is very tasty and the flavour comes through just like it's weed version.

IMG_20221219_204249.jpg

With regards to curing I was going to vacuum seal them and sous vide water bath them at 30 degrees for a while.

But Ive decided to just buy loads of different bars and slow cure 50g plus pieces in a few jars.

I forgot to also reply about your question regarding Static and Fresh Frozen, yes they are seperate processes, you can either get one or the other.

I forgot to take a photo of the static I got but I think I've got a few gram left so I'll take a snap.

It was very potent and definitely a night time smoke, flavour was almost too much if you get what I mean?
But there's definitely no added terps, these farms are producing I guess an artisanal product.

Another I picked up recently is by the highly rated farm hashwarrior and this is semi dry Chemdawg.

These semi drys that they are producing are better than some farms so called premium.

Great smoke with excellent flavour that is a good all day smoke.
Absolute steal at 450e a bar, I wished I'd bought more as they go quick.

IMG_20230119_174250.jpg

The next one is smugglers farm 120u Garlic Cookies, I went for this one because I heard it had a funky taste and also around a 90% indica.
Great bedtime smoke and the flavour is on point, really funky fruity taste and long lasting high.
7e a g

IMG_20230209_174346.jpg

Next is Blue Cheese semi dry by the hash valley farm.
Blue cheese is a favourite strain of mine and this hash captures the funk of the plant and it has a nice deep stone.
7.5e a g for something that is close to a higher priced hash

IMG_20230221_173929.jpg

Got about 5 others in the stash that I will take a few snaps of later on and a few more on the way

That should keep me going for the rest of the year.

Last edited:

goingrey

Man I am so DONE with people planting high yielders with little to no terpenes like critical mass then printing out some random label and slapping it on, like, it's not 2005 anymore guys we are supposed to know better. Unless you made a strain named it after the Hawaii drink but the likelyhood of that is almost 0 if not 0. Even worse it when they buy cheap plant terpenes from Spain and then add them in, like come on guys !!!

/rant over, nothing personal AT ALL by the way this is in now way a personal attack or anything like that, I just think that it's time for a different mentality among many Moroccan hash makers/exporters/importers etc but it will take time you can't blame anyone that doesn't know really.
I haven't grown the Crit but don't most people say it tastes good and makes great extracts?

Anyway, not sure I get your point. They put labels with all kinds of brand logos on these bars. Car manufacturers seem to be common. No, those bars weren't made from cars either. ;) Or from strains named after the cars.. Just some kind of id tag, I think.

velorex

I haven't grown the Crit but don't most people say it tastes good and makes great extracts?

Anyway, not sure I get your point. They put labels with all kinds of brand logos on these bars. Car manufacturers seem to be common. No, those bars weren't made from cars either. ;) Or from strains named after the cars.. Just some kind of id tag, I think.
bogus names on hash is a bit of a problem here in northern euorope. if it's named from some big brand, it's usually shit and we know. (i'd rather drive a lada than smoke a ferrari) it's worse when it's supposedly one strain and clearly isn't. and now there's a new trend that everything is called "dry-sift" and wrapped in paper inside cellofane. no matter if it's really needed. yes morocan hash is "sifted dry", but that's not dry sift as i think of it. sometimes the oil is bleeding trough the paper, but the hash is nowhere near as stong as it looks. no idea what they do to it but it ain't good for me i'm sure

goingrey

bogus names on hash is a bit of a problem here in northern euorope. if it's named from some big brand, it's usually shit and we know. (i'd rather drive a lada than smoke a ferrari) it's worse when it's supposedly one strain and clearly isn't. and now there's a new trend that everything is called "dry-sift" and wrapped in paper inside cellofane. no matter if it's really needed. yes morocan hash is "sifted dry", but that's not dry sift as i think of it. sometimes the oil is bleeding trough the paper, but the hash is nowhere near as stong as it looks. no idea what they do to it but it ain't good for me i'm sure
Hehe well it's like they used to say about the "gold seal" hash back in the day (why not still today), if it was really good the product would sell itself without any seal...

But in regards to these labels my point was that I don't think it's supposed to be any kind of indication of the genetics used. Not sure what they are. Is it the signature of the maker or the "transport company" or maybe the customer/recipient? Maybe the less one knows about this dark world the better but surely it is something like this.

I posted some of this "dry-sift" on page 200 of this thread. The potency of that one was good but I did wonder if it was actually jelly hash or what. Interesting that it is now some kind of trend, except without the potency. Seems always when something good is available it is quickly followed by a similar looking bogus imitations?

velorex

Hehe well it's like they used to say about the "gold seal" hash back in the day (why not still today), if it was really good the product would sell itself without any seal...

But in regards to these labels my point was that I don't think it's supposed to be any kind of indication of the genetics used. Not sure what they are. Is it the signature of the maker or the "transport company" or maybe the customer/recipient? Maybe the less one knows about this dark world the better but surely it is something like this.

I posted some of this "dry-sift" on page 200 of this thread. The potency of that one was good but I did wonder if it was actually jelly hash or what. Interesting that it is now some kind of trend, except without the potency. Seems always when something good is available it is quickly followed by a similar looking bogus imitations?
we see 2 naming trends here. one is just generic brand names, the other actual strains. some of it is really good. the first gelato 33 dry sift that hit the market was amazing. wrapped in paper that was soaked in yellow oil oozing from the hash. then slowly more and more hash started showing up in paper wrapping, and with strain names and dry sift labels. lots of it has been good, but not as potent as the look suggests. because it's super dark and sticky, should be amazing if all that was oil.
still better than the bad old days. we used to mainly get 3 types, one was 100g piece with no markings, dry and flaking as hell. always horrible. 125g pieces with the star of david, they could be anything from horrible to quite good. and 150g pieces, often wrapped in newspapers. known as french paper these where often really fresh and good. you heated and mushed up a small piece and it turned into a nice big heap. (don't see that with hash anymore, miss it) there was also something called pollen hash. yellowish and dry, left a ton of residue powder on the mixing icmag. pretty sure that one had actual pollen in it. i get a coughing fit just thinking about it

island_organics

Those bits that are bleeding oil are just pressed slabs of mediocre quality commercial dry sift that are briefly dipped into some sort of cannabis oil to give the illusion of quality and potency. The last top quality commercial Moroccan dry sift i saw was about 20 years ago. The game has changed considerably.

sandsmp81

Veteran
Those bits that are bleeding oil are just pressed slabs of mediocre quality commercial dry sift that are briefly dipped into some sort of cannabis oil to give the illusion of quality and potency. The last top quality commercial Moroccan dry sift i saw was about 20 years ago. The game has changed considerably.

Apart from the first part isn't true, if it's from a reputable farm, that's oil leaking out from curing.
All of the bars in my last post will ooze oils if I cured them using a sous vide.

The crime gangs started copying the good farms by using parchment paper and dipping low grade commercial in an oil (there's a video floating around the internet of the process).

The game has changed for the better in some ways I feel, I wish I had this choice 20 years ago.
You can basically select any strain, quantity and quality you want now and get it delivered to your house with 4 days.

Old school high grade hashes were also probably around 40% THC at the most.
Now 40% is mid grade and it can get to near 60% plus or more with static tech.

You can either buy from people who care about the product they make or buy commercial from crime gangs who don't give a shit about the product quality.

sandsmp81

Veteran

I've just recently seen some videos filmed on the Afghan/Pakistan border showing how "gold seal" is made.

The quality is selected by the smuggler then made by a gang of people using an industrial mixer.

It's pretty disturbing what it contains, stuff like old crystallised hash that no one wants is the THC part, then they oils and various powders including badly made painkiller like opiates.

I'm trying to find a way to download the videos from Instagram because I've waited 30 plus years to see this process and I'm sure plenty here would like to see it too.

goingrey

I've just recently seen some videos filmed on the Afghan/Pakistan border showing how "gold seal" is made.

The quality is selected by the smuggler then made by a gang of people using an industrial mixer.

It's pretty disturbing what it contains, stuff like old crystallised hash that no one wants is the THC part, then they oils and various powders including badly made painkiller like opiates.

I'm trying to find a way to download the videos from Instagram because I've waited 30 plus years to see this process and I'm sure plenty here would like to see it too.
Do they use gold spray paint for the seal?

sandsmp81

Veteran
A few more of my recent purchase

Mochi gelato semi dry by hash valley
These guys are at the top of their game and this semi dry is close to many premium hashes from other farms
This is their lowest grade product (mid to us) and they have 3 higher grades above it.

Great flavour and a nice balanced high that's indica leaning.

IMG_20230305_205444.jpg

Next is Zcube by the hash valley
Really fruity flavour with a very balanced body and head high, could smoke this all day and not nod off.

IMG_20230306_204412.jpg

Gorilla glue semi by the hash valley
Flavour comes through just like the plant version, another nice high that can have you couch locked.

IMG_20230306_204519.jpg

Finally I was give a 2 gram freebie of some forbidden fruit "fresh frozen" by the hidden farm

I've not tried this yet as I've been preoccupied with the others bits and pieces but it looks in person a bit like dark amber glass.
I'll report back once I've tried it.

IMG_20230306_205116.jpg

My last purchase was nice because I wanted a 100g bar of blue cheese but they only had 70g left so I got 3 x 10g of some other bits just to try.

Unlike the commercial grade crooks whose 100g bars are usually around 90g or so.
This 70g actually weighed 76g
And each 10g piece was 12g or so, it was rather bizarre getting over weight deals but I'm not complaining.

Couple of macro of these hashes too

IMG_20230306_205159.jpg

IMG_20230306_205256.jpg

island_organics

Apart from the first part isn't true, if it's from a reputable farm, that's oil leaking out from curing.
All of the bars in my last post will ooze oils if I cured them using a sous vide.

The crime gangs started copying the good farms by using parchment paper and dipping low grade commercial in an oil (there's a video floating around the internet of the process).

The game has changed for the better in some ways I feel, I wish I had this choice 20 years ago.
You can basically select any strain, quantity and quality you want now and get it delivered to your house with 4 days.

Old school high grade hashes were also probably around 40% THC at the most.
Now 40% is mid grade and it can get to near 60% plus or more with static tech.

You can either buy from people who care about the product they make or buy commercial from crime gangs who don't give a shit about the product quality.
Re-read my post and the post i was replying to. We were talking about poor quality hash that looks oily and yet doesn’t have the potency to match. Obviously high quality hash made from resin with a high oil content will look that way too. That’s what they’re trying to replicate.

You even described what i was talking about in your second paragraph.

sandsmp81

Veteran
Re-read my post and the post i was replying to. We were talking about poor quality hash that looks oily and yet doesn’t have the potency to match. Obviously high quality hash made from resin with a high oil content will look that way too. That’s what they’re trying to replicate.

You even described what i was talking about in your second paragraph.

I maybe misunderstood what you said as you also said you hadn't seen high quality hash in 20 years.

My apologies

haze*ekiel420

the easter Bunny paid me a visit😍 brought me the flue as well, but ok😂😂

The eggs Are „4“ gramm, respectivly paid for 4 gramm an egg but they Wright from 4,25 to 4,7 😂👌 the bunny wasnt laughing.. because resin wasnt worked/beaten so the eggs Are a Lot bigger.

They have a super Nice minty herbal Taste. Burned smell is Classic Sweet. Like when you visited a coffeeshop 20 years ago shortly After opening and just the budtender was Smoking 😂 high is Hard to describe. I can visit my parents (dads a cop) and have a Nice Talk, with a super clear head but feeling a strong warm bodyhigh. On the other side if i let the thoughts Wander or Listen to music it opens up the head and can be quite dreamy.
They arent as rock hard as the Last ones, i keep assuring me that This is because of the resin not beeing worked/beaten a Lot. Maybe i should try to work one myself and See What Happens.. anyway Realy started to enjoy the classics, but of course a terpy indica Night Cap is something i want in the library too all the Time and the Outdoor critical sift is coming to an end. Otherwise the medical Pink Kush and fotmer t3h (pdb) Are eye shutters as well, but hash is just tastier and i feel better, smoking less plant Material. But maybe thats just my Head.

Super Nice hashes shown, thx for the pictures guys 😍🤤🤤🤤

Have a Nice Weekend and Take care!

Attachments

• B6793643-CD45-45EF-AFCC-78CF1B7E6E31.jpeg
    B6793643-CD45-45EF-AFCC-78CF1B7E6E31.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 153
  • 28C508DC-6739-4B60-AD1C-7FEFDFC0D4D5.jpeg
    28C508DC-6739-4B60-AD1C-7FEFDFC0D4D5.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 169
  • B9C26BD0-F72A-4D44-A3E4-AAB9BEC80E25.jpeg
    B9C26BD0-F72A-4D44-A3E4-AAB9BEC80E25.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 161
  • 0D6CDE52-5131-408E-B867-E59D660CA6A4.jpeg
    0D6CDE52-5131-408E-B867-E59D660CA6A4.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 186

sandsmp81

Veteran
Latest pick up is the latest semi dry drop from hashwarrior.
Again this is pretty close to premium products and nothing like most that is called semi dry.

Great flavour on this of peach and nice body high that leaves me fully relaxed like a hot bath.

These better farmers tend to cure their products in temp controlled rooms and take their time.
This is pretty close to perfect and will finish off nicely over time.

View attachment IMG_20230318_160300.jpg

View attachment IMG_20230318_160311.jpg

Don't think the forum likes my high res photos.
Will have to take them in lower res from now on