What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Immaculate conception

Redrum92

Short version: is it possible for a seed to form in a young bud while leaving the stimga completely virgin/white? Is it more likely that a single piece of pollen found only that bract and left no trace, or that somehow the bract self seeded?

Long version, hypothetical: you notice one of your plants growing a seed around the 4th week of flower. Amongst very immature bracts, it is a huge swollen bract, with a small slit of white where it appears an immature seed is beginning to break through, and feels hard. The stigma are completely virgin white, from bottom to top. This plant has been sealed indoors, has no visible bananas even under extreme scrutiny, and doesn't have a single other pregnancy. What conclusion do you draw?

Last edited:

Old Piney

Short version: is it possible for a seed to form in a young bud while leaving the stimga completely virgin/white? Is it more likely that a single piece of pollen found only that bract and left no trace, or that somehow the bract self seeded?

Long version, hypothetical: you notice one of your plants growing a seed around the 4th week of flower. Amongst very immature bracts, it is a huge swollen bract, with a small slit of white where it appears an immature seed is beginning to break through, and feels hard. The stigma are completely virgin white, from bottom to top. This plant has been sealed indoors, has no visible bananas even under extreme scrutiny, and doesn't have a single other pregnancy. What conclusion do you draw?
I have to go with stray pollen but the white stigma is crazy. You definitely have to grow that seed and see if it is like an s1 of the mother.I wonder if you will find any more? I'm sure if you missed seeing a male flower pop you would be noticing a lot more seeds. So I have had the opposite thing going on once ,I had a female that was pollinated over and over but would not set one seed I used several different kinds of pollen and pollinated and got seeds with other females no problem with the same pollen at the same time. Sterile female and she was a good one , I should have made a few cuttings

Last edited: