What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I'm gonna do this. Come watch me.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Yo stress nicely done those babies are hidin in plane sight.. in a pinch local grass can be used a tiedown or branch mender. brush cut like long tent stakes also. of course us caution with fresh cut branches showin up..
Fun Fun I can't believe I miss it...

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
looking good stress..

so what is the total amount of plants and which one have confirmed sex?

this is warming up to be an unreal show....very excited. when do you expect the majority of them to finish?

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
Yo stress nicely done those babies are hidin in plane sight.. in a pinch local grass can be used a tiedown or branch mender. brush cut like long tent stakes also. of course us caution with fresh cut branches showin up..
Fun Fun I can't believe I miss it...

Yeah man I tied that one down to another dead limb.
It doesn't really show up in the pictures but there is a game trail now running dead center thru my plant site. It wasn't there when I started but apparently the damn deer want to build a fuckin highway right to this site.
IMGP0347-2.jpg

Seems you indeed grew a fine set of balls there matey. Loving the fauna up there!

LOL yeah a guy doesn't have any choice if he's gonna do OD. There are times that it get's so hot outside and I really don't feel like torturing myself up the hill, but I know from experience that water is the most urgent thing they need. I can't really do much to critter proof the area without making it noticeable for miles because it is on an embankment that overlooks the entire town and is visible anyplace in town.
So like somebody said: They are hidden in plain site.

looking good stress..

so what is the total amount of plants and which one have confirmed sex?

this is warming up to be an unreal show....very excited. when do you expect the majority of them to finish?

At this site there are a total of 5 plants right now. 4 "Gangsta Kush" and 1 "Pussy Pink"... I also got 3 cuttings off of a male "GK" just in case all of mine turn out to be females.

In the picture above, the plant on the right is the only confirmed female. She was actually the first one that I put in the ground, so I'll call her "Legs". Except for the PP, she is a clone. I could call her "Pinky" but I might be moving more of her sisters up there for a mini crop around the 15th, but that's a topic for if and when I do it.

See that's the bitch of this spot: It's absolutely perfect in all but a couple ways. I have to carry water from home and on foot, for about a mile, in the dark and wearing full camo. Now a few years ago I wouldn't have blinked twice about it every couple of days.
But I'm older now and banged up and disabled so packing two 2 1/2 gallon jugs every 3rd day up that cliff if more of a chore. Then if I add more plants, I'm gonna have to pack more water... That would mean more trips, at least double even for a mini grow, most likely triple.

But I really wanna do it this year. The spot is perfect and it would clean all the various ages of clones out of the nursery and I like being outside, the exercise hurts but is good for me. It would just mean making a trip every night instead of every 3rd or 4th night.

Anywayyyyy:
I received the 4 GK on May 15, they were all planted from seed outside in early spring.
I bare rooted them when I got em because I didn't trust the river sand they were potted in, and then I kept em inside for a couple weeks.
So I figure the Kush will finish around mid October. The Pussy Pink will probably finish about the end of next month. Which is fine because those 5 plants are a seed run. Next year, if everything goes right this year, I'll be growing a few more seedless outside.

Last edited:

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Start your work for next year now brudda. Composted prepped holes draw less critters. look at terra sorb type polymers.
See if you can move a little brush/branch to divert your deer just a little.

Stress_test

Veteran
yo im in duluth mn will ya send me some strains ya got plz.

Naw bro you just gotta visit some WA co-op's or dispensaries. I don't send, sell, or trade anything here, it's too much fun to fuck up like that...

[EDITED HERE:]
Besides that!:
I'm from Montana and we have never been that stupid...
You come on here with one post and ask for?

Everything I have ever done has been done before. My pictures are copied from someplace else on the internet and my stories are made up...

My thumb is so black, I can't grow a pimple... I'm lucky to get a woody... I mostly make shit up as I go along. (After a bowl or 2 who could tell the difference?) LMAO!!!

I'll gladly give advice, but never ask me for anything more than that...............................

Last edited:

Stress_test

Veteran
Well I have a few new pictures from my last visit so I'll be updating again this afternoon. So check back in awhile.

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great adventure! :wave: Love the wildlife pics too! Your doing a great job bro! Keep em coming :D you got some viewers :)

Stress_test

Veteran
Okay, My Bad! I didn't get my update here for all of you last night and I'm sorry. But I do have a valid excuse: Yesterday was my GF's BD and we drank a few beers and I got pretty stoned too so I figured you all would understand.

I saw my buddy Jim the bear yesterday. He was probably 150ft from me in a clump of bushes. I kinda feel for the bear, he's kind of an outlaw too and struggling to make a go of it so close to humans can't be easy for a bear. I left him a couple doughnuts on a stump on my way back down and got to wondering if bears ever eat people's pot plants? I've never seen it or ever heard of it from people I know, but deer do sometimes and I know that racoons will sometimes eat em.

So I pulled a plant on my last visit. It was a male and I am gonna seed these gals, but I already identified a strong male up there and the one I pulled wasn't as nice so I pulled it..
The male I am keeping turns out to be the second plant I put in the ground. It's the one on the left in the picture.
IMGP0346.jpg

The one I pulled was a beautiful plant, and had it been female would have been a nice produced. It gave me a different feeling to pull that plant than it would have ordinarily. I guess that I've gotten a little more attached to these outdoor plants because of the added attention and nurturing they have required. Pluckin males indoors is just routine generally, it hasn't ever bothered me, but this one was different.
IMGP0381.jpg

IMGP0375.jpg

I am gonna try and get another plant to replace it in the same spot.
===============================================

Well that spot is now down to 4 plants. Another spot has 7 plants and there are 5 more scattered around. Those 4 are the only plants that I have on the cliff though. I'll throw in a few pictures of some of the other plants as they mature, right now they are still pretty small.
I've put plants out until the middle of August before and they almost always finish between mid and late October. This year I'm not too sure tho cause we have been having some really weird weather this year. But I was really planning on taking another batch of clones out and doing a mini patch also this year with a mix of strains like: Bubba Kush, Bubble Berry, Dutch Passion, Headband, Cotton Candy, Curly Paul, Pussy Pink and a couple Northern Lights X Super Skunk clones I have left over. We'll see if I have time in the next few days to get em out tho. And I just got asked to revamp a friends ID grow room too, so my time is gonna get hurried for a couple of weeks. (I'll get pictures and maybe do a thread on his room later).

Not much else really to pass on folks. The plants look great, I have a couple new pictures to show. Otherwise it's all goin great.

They are starting so show a little nitrogen deficiency at the lower leaves. I noticed it creeping in a couple visits back and gave em all a good dose of 50-50-50 Miracle Grow this time. I know it sounds like it's pretty high mobile nutrient levels, but I figure it's outdoors and most of it will be rinsed away thru the course of rain and nature pretty quickly and I wanted to make sure they got some food before it dissipates into the soil or gets sucked up by weeds and surrounding brush.

IMGP0377.jpg

IMGP0378.jpg

This little lady isn't doing quite as well as I expected, It's one of my Pussy Pink clones. I haven't ever seen what it does outdoors yet. I was really hoping they would really grow like mad, but it's not impressing me yet.
IMGP0380.jpg

Anyway folks, that's my update for now. I have to go and gut a room today and see what kind of plan I can come up with to get it running. I'm thinkin stadium... But we'll see what he has for materials, room and finances.

The last 3 cycles this guys ran thru this room were complete losses. All 3 were run with my clones/strains but the room just has issues... But that "may" be discussion for another thread as he wants me to set it up and advise him through the next cycle.

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
Looking lovely, Stress Test! :good:
Soon all of your hard work and perilous trekking will pay off! :dance013:

You are so nice to leave 'Jim' a treat. lol....I wonder if he'll eat them...I hope he doesn't get a tummy ache...
You should bring him some fruit, or honey next time; though the stereotype of a honey eating bear, just might enrage him. :biglaugh:

yo....will ya send me some strains ya got please.
I can't believe this still happens, especially out in the open forums....And with one post no less! :nono:
On the bright side, at least he said please? :bigeye: And you certainly did handle it well. :)

Best wishes for a funky, frosty and fruitful harvest!! :smokeit:
:witch:

Stress_test

Veteran
Well everybody I went out this morning and watered one patch of 4 plants, the original patch. Not much change I'm sad to say, but I've been really busy this last week helping a patient get started on a co-op ID grow room and haven't had the energy to drag my old sore ass out of bed @ 3:00AM and go water.

The plants have begun stacking and are getting ready to flower tho. Otherwise no much to report for this trip, but I'm gonna try and visit the other patch this evening.

But hey! I've been helping a guy get a room setup that's 11'X15'... He is gonna run 1K MH and 1K HPS and I built him a stadium rack that has 3 shelves on each side, each shelf is 12" wide and 11' long.

It was built entirely from materials we had laying around like the metal roofing I had was used for the shelves. They panels were 14' long and 12" wide, but they have a 1" lip on both sides so they were perfect shelving material. I even drilled em and soldered copper tubing for drains on each shelf so he doesn't have a mess to deal with on the floor.

They didn't even wait until I was done before they were in there with a shop-vac cleaning and moving in clones. Anyway keep an eye out for the thread, I will be managing the room for them so it likely I'll be doing a show-n-tell here...

Last edited:

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Lookin good out there Bud.

Iv'e been lookin at stadium for a dispensary grow. But I am not sure how to make the numbers work legally here. So I surely will be taggin that thread
pal

stinkyigloo

Nice thread Stress. Cant wait to see how the season works out...
it must be some buzz dealing with all the wildlife. Anyway, keep it coming man, good luck with it all

Stress_test

Veteran
Hey everybody.:wave:

I bet ya all thought I had forgotten huh?

Nope, I've been busy setting up a stadium for a Co-op over the last couple of weeks, so I've only been up to the plants twice since my last update. I'll be heading up there early tomorrow morning tho.

I'm excited! It's been just exactly 1 week since my last visit and they should be getting huge by now. My last visit they were just beginning to flower, and stacking up nicely. It was dark and I couldn't risk using the flash so I'm sorry no pictures from that visit except another bear that I saw on the way home.

picture.php

A couple of shots of the stadium I've been setting up... It was cool helping these people, they kept me pretty stoned all the time I was working and the food was BOMB!...
They stored the clones in another room while I put everything together and the plants all had mites and PM when they brought em in.
I've been killing borg and spraying for PM since then. I'm pretty sure everything is sterile now and they are good to go.
Right side:
picture.php

Left side: (Some of you will recognize the Pre98 Bubba Kush in this pic. I love that strain!
picture.php

Useful Idiot

Veteran
Damn Stress, I was gettin worried about ya. Glad you are back and I'm sure everyone that was following your progress feels the same.:tiphat: