What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I'm gonna do this. Come watch me.

Hey StressTest, good words man. waiting several days each time you see them makes them that much prettier i think.. peace and 73's.. Herb..

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
Well I got up to the plants yesterday.
I had to hike the long way into em because it was still daylight when I started.

What a difference a couple days make! I mean I have 2 more inside that I thought were doing really well and growing like mad. But out doors just grows faster.
I'm not really thrilled about the way Orange Kush grows but with some bondage techniques and a little bit of twine I can manipulate em.

They are really taking on the tree like growth of the original Gangsta and the leaf patterns are typical of GK as I remember too. I can't wait for the flowers to start and see what the colors do. Hopefully we will see the orange and white marbled nugs to go along with the stature and growth patterns.
I'm beginning to get excited because these are looking more and more like they are actually of the original strain.
IMGP0347-1.jpg

IMGP0343.jpg

Look at the size of these leaves already.
IMGP0345-1.jpg

IMGP0346-1.jpg

Stress_test

Veteran
I forgot to add that I didn't take anything with me to tie em down yesterday, but I am definitely going to the next trip up.

I'm also going to take these other 2 plants up as well. I originally had intended to keep a female here as a mother, but these are looking more and more like they could be original genetics so I am going to take 2 cuttings off of each and flip em in a small cabinet so I know what sex each is and move these last 2 up with the others.

I'm afraid that if I only have 1 male or 1 female and they don't all flower at the same time then I will miss my window to pollinate for seeds. So I want all 4 of em to flower out together.

I'll get new pictures of these other 2 before they get transplanted out doors.

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
Good luck!
This is the stuff of future nostalgia.
Our grow had a bear, too. Named him Pauli,we figured he was hanging around for his cut! He'd root thru our supplies and crap a bunch, but seeing how his claws could fuck up a bale of Pro-Mix was a bit intimidating.:shucks:

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Hey Stress, you're gonna have to start rolling your balls around, if they get any bigger!....LOL

How'd I miss this insanely beautiful adventure?

Reminds me of the older days, bro.

Thanks for sharing some good ole FUN!

Stress_test

Veteran
Good luck!
This is the stuff of future nostalgia.
Our grow had a bear, too. Named him Pauli,we figured he was hanging around for his cut! He'd root thru our supplies and crap a bunch, but seeing how his claws could fuck up a bale of Pro-Mix was a bit intimidating.:shucks:

Good to see ya in my thread buddy, thanks for stopping in.

I am still hoping that he will leave my plants alone. I don't mind his presence as long as he leaves me alone.

Hey Stress, you're gonna have to start rolling your balls around, if they get any bigger!....LOL

How'd I miss this insanely beautiful adventure?

Reminds me of the older days, bro.

Thanks for sharing some good ole FUN!

I'll probably need a sheep shearer this fall too. Likely be able to knit a new sweater from the hair on my ass after this is finished.

Well it's rained just about every third day here since my last visit up there, so I haven't even ventured out.

I did notice that I have a few pictures that I somehow forgot to put up from last trip so I'll get them up this afternoon when my camera battery is fully charged again.

This first picture is a new clone of my own strain that I decided I would put outside and see what she will do. I've run the strain quite awhile indoors, but haven't ever tried it outdoors. Indoors she flowers with the most beautiful Pink you ever saw. Among those in my area who get it from dispensaries it is know as "Pussy Pink". I'm pretty excited to see what she will do.
I also put out a few more of her in another are along with four Bubba Kush, and five Headband.
Another patient I work with sometimes is running four of the Pussy Pink outdoors this year too, his were vegged for about a month before he put em out and they are as tall as my Gangsta Kush are and look like they will be loaded with buds.
IMGP0342-4.jpg

IMGP0341-2.jpg

IMGP0342-2.jpg

So the first 2 Gangsta Kush I put out is getting enough that I am beginning to worry more about them over growing the surrounding vegetation so I decided to go ahead and pull em down. I'll probably end up pulling all of then all the way to the dirt if they continue like they are.
IMGP0347-2.jpg

IMGP0348-2.jpg

I didn't go back and read my previous posts but I think that I mentioned before that I planted on taking the other 2 Gangsta Kush out too...
Anyway, none of these are sexed yet, so I don't know how many are males. I am hoping that at least one is a nice male cause if they prove out to be the original strain then I definitely want seeds as it's been a clone only strain since the 90's.
I also have one of my Pussy Pink planted close by so she can get knocked up too. I think that with the size, yield, and stature of the GK and the color and flavor of mine, if I can find the right pheno then I'll have a superb personal strain.

So these two GK have been in my nursery a little while longer. They could have gone out with the others but I wanted to LST em and shape em some first to try and control some of the height.
IMGP0344-2.jpg

IMGP0345-2.jpg

So for now I think that's about it until I have to go out and water again. I can't wait to see how mush they have all grown, it's pretty exciting sneaking up on em in the dark and then seeing them when it gets light enough, I'm always pleased with the growth.

Stress_test

Veteran
Hi Stress_test

awesome guerrilla grow thread......i want a bear guarding my plants from deer and rippers too. :kos:

:wave:

Surprising as it is, I have seen bear tracks close to my plants and I'm always on the look out. But does get spooky sometimes cause ordinarily I would walk through the woods normal, like I wouldn't be sneaking so nobody sees me and I would be making a little bit of noise. Now I have to be quiet moving and move really slowly so nobody spots me. But that means I also have to be careful not to sneak up on a bear.

I also see deer tracks all around my plants, one even stepped in the soft dirt right around a plant. But so far none have messed with the plants.
There is a lot of vegetation and fresh tender shoots and berries for critters to eat now, I probably won't have to worry about em eating my plants until after all the apples, berries and fruit are gone in late Fall. Which of course would really suck after putting all the work into them thru the summer.
But I'm hoping that I got it all out early enough to finish before critters start looking at it as grub.
camo.jpg

IMGP0345-1.jpg

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
great update. love the camo. these strains you are running are unique. i have heard of them before at least the pussy pink. anyways, love your style. did you put all the amendements in the soil or are you packing in nutes? love it

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Stress Test,

Looking good! I'll bet you see some big changes in size over the next two weeks!

Its nice seeing a grow in the same style as my own.

Good luck and green harvests!

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heya ST ...hope you won't encounter to much helicopters in ya neigbourhood ....coz plants seem to kick it off...nway i'm taggin along :yes:

Stress_test

Veteran
Well I went out yesterday morning and watered the ladies.
There is this damn squirrel that always follows me around chattering at me, I can't hear shit after he wakes up. So I decided that I would try and sneak in a little bit earlier and try to not disturb him. It didn't work... Not only that but it is spookier than ever because I couldn't see 3 ft around me and I know there is a bear and from the piles of bear crap around my plants, I know there is a cub in the area also. Even with night vision you can't see well through the underbrush.

So I got up there and it was still dark so I tried taking a couple of pictures but without a tripod it's impossible. I did get a couple fair pics tho. Then I waited until daylite so I could check sex and take a couple more pics.
IMGP0055.jpg

You can just make out the 2 plants in the first pic. The smaller one on the left is actually the same age but it was held in the nursery and tied down for about 2 weeks before joining it's siblings outdoors.
The second pic is one of the first I put out and the only one that is showing sex yet.
IMGP0361.jpg

IMGP0362.jpg

IMGP0359.jpg

This is the only one of the plants that I have let just grow and reach for the sky. She is about 6 feet tall. I'm not really impressed with the lack of limb growth but I think this strain always did grow a few nugs on peripheral limbs and a huge center bud.
She is the only one that is showing sex.
IMGP0355-1.jpg

IMGP0356-2.jpg

IMGP0353-1.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts