What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I'm gonna do this. Come watch me.

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
"You are doin it up right bro....cliffs, helicopters, night vision, bears!" -FlaDankster
:bigeye:
Yeah, this is the most exciting grow thread I've read in a long time. I love the pix!! That little fawn is so cute, all curled up! And Jack's a handsome devil too! :)

Here's to hoping things settle down for the remainder of your grow, Stress Test!! :canabis:
Take care of yourself!!

fuzzymuffin

My $.02, FWIW...

I think it would be better to dress like a hiker when you're walking around out there. Get yourself a nice walking stick and a small back-pack with a first aid kit, some field food (like dried fruit, jerky, stuff like that,) a cell phone (Trac-Fone or the like,) a couple cotton bags, and a mushroom/bird/wildlife field guide (Audubon society makes nice ones,) a swiss army knife or leatherman and your camera. That way, you can walk around with little worry of suspicion. Also, nobody would think much of you carrying water out there. Maybe even join a hiking/mushrooming/birding club (it's fun!!!)

Not trying to be a dick, just an idea...

Cool pics, though. Keep 'em coming. I've got black bear and white tail here as well. I've never actually seen the bears but have seen their sign. Deer are getting scarce as well due to a couple harsh winters and poaching.

thing

First official +rep = Bear pic, lol.

"Heehee. Thanks for the giggle, Thing! I hope this finds you feeing well, with sticky fingers, green thumbs and a full belly!"

No clue who gave this rep, but perfect timing, cuz my belly is full as hell. I have nearly OD'd on drum stick ice cream cones. I think I'm more high from chocolate than weed at this point.

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
:bigeye:
Yeah, this is the most exciting grow thread I've read in a long time. I love the pix!! That little fawn is so cute, all curled up! And Jack's a handsome devil too! :)

Here's to hoping things settle down for the remainder of your grow, Stress Test!! :canabis:
Take care of yourself!!

Thanks for stopping in nattynattygurrl...
So far it has been more excitement than I was figuring for. And Jack is rather handsome, I sure hope he doesn't get as close as I did to that fawn or the fawn will become Jack's snack.

lovin' this so far man,.. :artist: 73's Herb

I knew that OD's were a lot of work and when I started planning this one I was kinda wary of all the exercise because of my physical condition since the wreck. I certainly had no idea that it was such an adrenalin rush.

My $.02, FWIW...

I think it would be better to dress like a hiker when you're walking around out there. Get yourself a nice walking stick and a small back-pack with a first aid kit, some field food (like dried fruit, jerky, stuff like that,) a cell phone (Trac-Fone or the like,) a couple cotton bags, and a mushroom/bird/wildlife field guide (Audubon society makes nice ones,) a swiss army knife or leatherman and your camera. That way, you can walk around with little worry of suspicion. Also, nobody would think much of you carrying water out there. Maybe even join a hiking/mushrooming/birding club (it's fun!!!)

Cool pics, though. Keep 'em coming. I've got black bear and white tail here as well. I've never actually seen the bears but have seen their sign. Deer are getting scarce as well due to a couple harsh winters and poaching.

Hey man it's all cool, ain't nobody thinkin about dicks in this thread, all input is welcome... Thanks for contributing. :wave:

In most places you would be right. There are several reasons that the hiker disguise wouldn't work here, some of which I can't get into for security reasons.
Suffice it to say that I am so close to the USA/Canadian border that I can piss on Canada from my back pourch and never get my feet wet. Border patrol is all over this place and just being seen would provoke an intrusive inquiry.

There are so many white tail deer in this area that every vehicle has a dent from impact, they are like fleas around here. Deer, bear and wild turkey are everywhere. It would likely shock most people that I am more afraid of being attacked by a doe than a bear, but it's true.

holy shit you drove off a 500 foot cliff? did you survive?

No I didn't drive off the cliff, I mostly just tried to hold on.

In the middle of a white out winter storm my SUV slid off the road and over the edge. It rolled twice sideways and 11 times end over end. Landed upside down with a steel fence post down through the roof and drivers seat. I have no idea how I survived it, but I did. Barely.
I also walked 5 miles home with my right side shattered and the left side of my head peeled like an orange. Over 2000 stitches and 7 surgeries to put my face back on.

Like I said in the original post; that cliff hold some sentiment.
"Did I survive"? not completely... Most of my life died on that cliff.

First official +rep = Bear pic, lol.

"Heehee. Thanks for the giggle, Thing! I hope this finds you feeing well, with sticky fingers, green thumbs and a full belly!"

No clue who gave this rep, but perfect timing, cuz my belly is full as hell. I have nearly OD'd on drum stick ice cream cones. I think I'm more high from chocolate than weed at this point.

Thanks for contributing. :thank you:

I wish I had some of what yer smokin Bro. I've been out for over a week and will be for probably another week before I can get a ride into a dispensary. Mine won't be ready to chop for another 4 weeks either so it'll be a long rough wait.

GAME

Wow, sounds like you have been through alot. Gotta love the bear up the tree, HA, never seen that one before. Looking good, keep it up.

Stress_test

Veteran
Wow, sounds like you have been through alot. Gotta love the bear up the tree, HA, never seen that one before. Looking good, keep it up.

My guess is that Jack (the bear) was already in the area when he probably seen me. That most likely confused him because I was wearing a gillie suit and he couldn't figure out wtf I was sneaking around in his territory.
I figure he had climbed the tree to get a better look at me. Probably scared him as badly as he did me.

But he is a fair sized boar. I'm pretty confident he is a male because there were no signs of cubs around my plants and cubs would definitely have played with em. Anyway I know he is there and will respect his home, so I'm not too worried about a run in with him.
Quite the opposite in fact. I'm kinda glad he's there as long as the game warden doesn't go huntin for him, he will help discourage other people from getting too nosey and might even keep deer, rabbits and other critters thinned out so they don't eat my plants.
I was rethinking today tho about leaving water jugs up there, he is likely to chew em up.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
My $.02, FWIW...

This is an Ok idea if you are not notorious. If I am seen trekkin about it raises questions I did not want.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Mornin ST, Havin some fun now ain't ya. When u tie ur babies down if u can get a growth node to the ground/amended soil it creates another root ball. (as u prob kno) your OG compadre' Silverback had a thread. Works great, helps for the helios.. Good luck

Stress_test

Veteran
Mornin ST, Havin some fun now ain't ya. When u tie ur babies down if u can get a growth node to the ground/amended soil it creates another root ball. (as u prob kno) your OG compadre' Silverback had a thread. Works great, helps for the helios.. Good luck

Heya Buddy,
It's certainly fun alright.
I've only gotten a few plants to root like that. I don't know why really either. I've seen it done hundreds of times, but every time I try it, the top rots off.
I'm thinking that if I swab the stem with rooting gel where it touches the ground it will work better.

I am working on another experiment tho. Something that I kinda stumbled onto accidentally.
My kid was buying an espresso everyday there for awhile, well I ran out of cups for new starts so I washed up several of the espresso cups he had left sitting around and used them. But they were way taller than I needed, so I only filled em about half way with vermiculite and set the cutting down inside the cup.
Every clone I started that way had roots that literally "climbed" the stem. I mean new roots just continued to grow further and further up the stem. I had to keep covering the base with new soil throughout the life of the plants. Every single one I started in those cups done that.
I have a suspicion that the cups worked in much the same way as air-cloning does, except without any wrapping the humidity was held at a higher level below the rim of the cups.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
You might be on to something with the cup thing. Can't wait for the next field report. Hey, isn't that Bigfoot territory? ;) I bet old Sasquatch was an early guerilla grower haha! Got over by freaking everybody out!

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
stress, after hearing your story about the wreck. seeing your avatar in a different light over here.

Stress_test

Veteran
I'll be creepin my way up there soon. It's been a little bit wet lately, and we've only had a couple days of over 80*F weather. I wanted to give them awhile before taking more pictures, so that hopefully they will show if they're girl or boy. Not that it matters really, I'd love seeds but they are what they are I suppose.

But it would kinda hurt my feelings if there isn't 1 male out of these four plants.