What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I'm gonna do this. Come watch me.

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
Okay I screwed up when I started this thread and gave too much information.
On the 24th I tended the plants, got back home and uploaded a couple of pictures.
That afternoon I was outside and heard a helocopter flying around there general area of my plants. I thought it was our local sheriff buzzin around looking for OD grows and panicked. I found out later that it was a fish and game chopper looking for a bear that was causing trouble on the outskirts of town. LOL I got a couple pictures of a bear this morning that could be the one they were after.

Anyway, all is cool and I grew a set of balls, so I AM gonna do this...
I had decided before I even planted that I would walk away and never look back if I got the feeling that the grow was compromised, and I still hold to that decision. However i am confident now that it remains safe and as secure as ever. But I will be more careful about the information I post here, while attempting to share as much of the grow as possible.
So here we go:
On or about 6-20 I transferred a couple plants outside into the bush. The area I placed them in has some significant meaning to me because the 500' cliff changed my life when my SUV bounced down it.

The main reason for moving them outdoors was because they are Orange County Kush 1990'sh (Original Gangsta Kush) from the early 1990's, which means that they could "possibly" be the original Holy Grail of ALL kush and I really want to seed them out.

I came across these last winter when helping a guy convert a garage into a bedroom and he found tin film can full of seeds inside another metal candy box inside the wall. The tin was marked OGK with a crayon. When he found it we stopped and smoked a bowl while he told me the story of how he and his brother had moved here from LA and had brought a brick with them, which they sold part of to help buy the property. Anyway this spring he put em in the ground and most sprouted and grew. He wanted a few on my clones so I traded him for 4 of the seedlings.

When I got them, they were infested with aphids, mites, and thrips and he had planted them outside in river sand. I washed the roots clean and repotted them in good soil for a couple weeks until the weather was nice enough to move em back outside.

These first pictures are from when I first got them...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And a few days later, just before going outside.
picture.php

Then they went outside...
IMGP0349.jpg

IMGP0346.jpg

IMGP0345.jpg

IMGP0344.jpg

Last edited:

FlaDankster

Veteran
Wow Stress test!

Amazing man.....good to hear your experiences didn't get the best of you.

Hoping all goes well in that beautiful setting you have and be careful dude.

You live in a white paradise......gorgeous view.But it'll look better once ya get things a poppin!

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Stress test,

Nice shot of the fawn and a good story to boot.

I'm also minimalist in my gardens: no cars, no lugging soil, small holes, a bit of fertilizer in some places.

Good luck and stay sneaky!

Stress_test

Veteran
A little bit more about my choice of sites for this endeavor:

The embankment I planted on is very visible by the entire town, so in order to access it I have to cross about 200 yards of open area before I am under cover of forest. So I have to cross that 200 yards in the early morning before the town awakens, once in the woods I am fairly well hidden as long as I am wearing full camouflage. I leave home in the dark and on foot, once I get to the woods I put on a Ghillie suit that I made for hunting a few years ago. As long as I move slowly I am nearly invisible on the mountain side.

Last edited:

FlaDankster

Veteran
Lol....if they get ya birthday bro i promise ta send cards and cup cakes with candle.

You plan on doin any training on these girls to try an keep a bit of a lower profile,or do they get to reach for the sky?

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Are those from the river sand location? Very nice recovery.

Kinda fun to 'test' ones self ain't it?

I used to spray with a carbon based no-sent huntin spray. Worked great for deer and dogs. Not so much a sleepin bear....

S

Scrappy-doo

Looks like you're off to a great start. I think this is gonna be a year to remember!

Stress_test

Veteran
Thanks for your patience everybody...

A couple days later I had watered and was on my way back home and was just about to remove my ghillie suit and step into the open, when I saw a lady jogging up the street. I sat down in the tall weeds and waited for her to pass and had just stood up and a movement a few feet away caught my eye. I nearly shat myself!
I studied the area of the movement for what seemed like forever when a white tail doe started stomping, snorting and whistling at me. Then I saw the movement again only about 6 feet away laid a baby fawn.

Now I was really getting concerned because the doe was raising quite a stink about me being so close to her baby and the jogger wasn't out of hearing range that early in the morning. So I dropped to my hands and knees and crawled out of the area. But not before taking a couple pictures.

fawn.jpg

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice hand water those is going to get old real quick. I did nt see if you had a water line hooked up?? Good Luck waiting to see some monster trees

Stress_test

Veteran
So now I will bring it up to date again.

Last night I made another trip to the grow site in the dark. I have night vision and it is nice but it's a monocular unit so it's a little bit awkward to use and forces me to go really slow.

I looked the entire hillside over for any signs of human passage and found nothing. The plants are growing beautifully!

FlaDankster asked about training or tying the plants and after seeing them today I am pretty sure I will have to begin bondage soon as they have more than doubled in size since my last visit.

I carried 2 gallons of water/nutes up to em last night. Only used 1 so I have another gallon stashed near them. My tentative plan is to take a couple gallons every trip and hopefully stockpile for later on.

picture.php

picture.php

You can see how much they have grown in just a few days, so I will have to take up some string to start training em soon. The pic below is a few days ago.
IMGP0346.jpg

This morning was another exciting trip on the way home. Once again I was nearly out of the woods when I got distracted by movement. I grew up in the mountains so I'm not afraid of critters and feel completely comfortable even in the dark, as at ease in the woods as in my own bed.
But I've never done a guerrilla grow before so I suppose that I am a little bit edgy about being seen.

This morning I heard noise like somebody moving through the brush, like somebody was trying to side trail me, so I laid down and kinda slid under a thick bush and watched and listened for awhile.
I continued hearing little twigs snap and faint noises like somebody was trying very poorly to sneak thru the underbrush. The sounds faded and moved down the hillside and finally were gone.
Or so I thought...
I had removed my camo and stepped into the open when I realized I was being watched very closely from up in a tree. Have you ever felt it when you are being watched? Every hair on your body stands straight up and you get the golly-wobbles. You know what I mean?
Well that's the feeling I got just before I looked up into the tree.

I was spotted! Busted cold in the open and no place to hide. I laughed at myself all the rest of the way home. I was scared totally shitless when I looked into his eyes from about 50 feet away. Then I realized it was just a bear... Probably the same one that they were looking for the other day.

I think I'll name him Jack.
IMGP0030.jpg

Bear1.jpg

Well so far this is more of an adventure than I had planned. Not exactly what I had in mind in the beginning. I'm still not sure if I have enough hair on my ass to see it thru, but I can't give up so soon.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Welcome to the club my brother... Bears? You just gotta love the unexpected. BTW sounds like u got a plenty hairy ass..

FlaDankster

Veteran
Really cool Stress!

You are doin it up right bro....cliffs,helicopters,night vision,bears!

The girls look very happy also.

And yeah if it was me them girls would be strapped down to the ground.Looks to be a simple task to as you have the embankment to work with.Better get to it fast as they do look to be growing their little azz's off.Thick stalks already!

Stress_test

Veteran
Welcome to the club my brother... Bears? You just gotta love the unexpected. BTW sounds like u got a plenty hairy ass..

Having grown up in the woods I outgrew being afraid of black bears unless it's a momma with cubs but this morning was a different story.
I was being all stealth and shit and then look over and see him staring down on me like he was thinkin "Hmmmm Breakfast... Delivered..." was kinda unnerving.

Really cool Stress!

You are doin it up right bro....cliffs,helicopters,night vision,bears!

The girls look very happy also.

And yeah if it was me them girls would be strapped down to the ground.Looks to be a simple task to as you have the embankment to work with.Better get to it fast as they do look to be growing their little azz's off.Thick stalks already!

Our county Sheriff made a statement in the news last year that they weren't going to harass growers as long as they didn't get too brazen about it because of the budget and expense of flying the copter and stuff. But seeing that thing buzz around like he was looking hard and from a distance it looked like he was right on top of my plants, got me to thinking that his statement could have been a guise to get growers to relax a lil bit and make it easier to catch em.
The night vision I had purchased shortly before my wreck down that same cliff. I bought it so I could see under houses and in attics, ya know into those dark corners where skunks and snakes like to hide.
I'm taking twine and stakes up with me next time to tie em down.

man when i go in the scarce woods here all i see is homeless and mexicans . lol good luck

That's funny shit right there Bro. I laughed my ass off. We don't have any homeless and damn few mexicans here. I suppose it's because we are so close to Idaho and a neonazi camp, never really thought about it tho.
I've no problem with mexicans, but them homeless folks are probably hungry and that could be a concern. I bet you all don't pack any tuna sandwiches for lunch when you tend your OD grows? Homeless folks would probably smell that from a mile away. LOL...