What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Illinois patient, just started grow. Need help

lacerta

Just as the title says, I live in Southern Illinois, I have been a patient for two years, and I just started a legal grow.

I have a Tahoe OG that has some slightly pale green spots. I've posted in a few outside cannabis related forums with no help yet

lacerta

I'm sorry I can't edit. It's growing in happy frog soil, added perlite and pro mix, fed with General Hydroponics micro and bloom, just started feeding calMag. If anyone can help, or point me to a forum that can, I would appreciate it. I need this plant to thrive. We can only grow five

Rodehazrd

Hello Lacerta welcome to ic. I'm a self provider too

Looks pretty ok to me let it dry out some before you water. Not getting a little dry can be bad on the roots.:tiphat:

troutman

Seed Whore
Pale leaves can be from several things. I may miss something. But this should help.

1. The light is too close to the plants.

2. Not enough nutrients.

3. Over or under watering.

4. Bad pH.

5. Low or high temps.

Make sure the light isn't so close to the plants that it feels too warm to the back of your hand held at the top of the plants.
It's best to underfeed a plant than overfeed causing burned leaves. So go slowly when increasing nutrients. If the pots are
constantly wet that could be bad over time. Bad pH is the cause of many nutrient lockouts,etc. So check that when you get
a chance. You want a pH of 6.2 to 6.6 in soil. So if you can test some runoff water. Temp around 72F to 80F is nice to have.

Note: You'll need 50 posts before you can edit, send PM's,etc.

Good Luck

Rodehazrd

You don't need to feed In hf for a couple weeks the micro is good but bloom is mostly P K boost at this stage you need the grow nutes with more N.
Check out the nutrient forums I'm sure theres a GH schedule there.
Good luck and dont forget everyone over waters at first

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you're growing in Happy Frog, you won't need to give it any food for the first 4-6 weeks. There's enough in the soil to last at least that long.

lacerta

I said bloom by mistake, I can't edit. I meant veg and micro. I will move the light farther. It's right at 34 inches, 600W MH, I have one fan blowing on the light, and one fan blowing over the plants. So I didn't think the light being that close would be a problem, sorry for the cross post. I am new to using these types of forums

I have pH'd the water and nute solution before adding it, it's always 6.5 to 6.4, I've not tested run off, I didn't think it would be a problem yet. Should I do that?

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
I had good results with fox farm ocean forest and tap water with some occasional maxsea veg. If you're overwatering you can let them dry out some but not until wilting and try submerging the entire container in a bucket of tap water until the entire media is saturated. Happy frog should be a good medium to grow plants with tap water although I have not tried it. Less organic fertilizer in it than ocean forest from what I remember.

olday

Veteran
My guess is you may have previously overwatered and the plant (assuming it has dried up a bit) is recovering from some root damage. They are pretty young so I wouldn’t feed them anything else until you make sure your temps (at the top of the plants) and watering are something you feel comfortable with. Most of us have all loved our plants to death in the beginning. You could always pop a couple more beans/cuts and see if they come on stronger - May waster a small plant or two but when your at harvest, you will be better off picking the best girls

shithawk420

Veteran
Sorry if I should put this somewhere else but can you smoke medically while on probation? I would ask my PO but I'd rather not lol

olday

Veteran
No idea shithawk but I don’t think asking your PO has the same stigma as it once had given the legal changes for rec as well as medical. You’ll get tested anyway so I don’t see it adding anymore risk and I’m sure they are getting this question a lot now.

Latest posts

Latest posts