What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Illinois canna tourism

Klompen

Hello. I am thinking about taking a quick trip now and then over the border to Illinois, but I can't seem to find good answers about several things. Are the cops all over these places and do out of staters get hassled? I'm not intending to smuggle but I also don't want to worry if a little ends up still in my bag... ya know? Also, where the heck does a pot tourist get to smoke at? Are you allows to walk around with it if you are going from place to place and it is stashed away or do you have to have a car to transport it? I have serious medical needs and can't get what I need here, but I'm not trying to start some sort of operation or anything. Just really not sure how safe and hassle-free it is to go there as a tourist...... any help would be appreciated!

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
Seems like a fair question, so I'll give it a bump.I have had a couple friends bring back some vape cartridges, which are nice but, they said they couldn't find any flower, just these vape cartridges and gummies. No problems the police reported.

shithawk420

Veteran
its still $400 an ounce at the dispenceries and they tax the hell out of it,ive never been to one but thats the truth.i wouldnt even bother at those prices.i can get the same stuff for $200.if you want more info give me a PM

Klompen

Thanks man I have had a rough time of it with my grow and I had a backup guy who had nasty brick weed, but he lived over 80 miles away and also just got busted(dude was making some bad choices, but it still sucks to see him heading off to prison :( ). I figured some cross-border tourism might keep us going for a while....

OWmonster187

Honestly as long you stay under the legal limits which is half for the non resident and keep it sealed while traveling you should be fine. I do believe they have bigger fish to fry unless your being blatant about it. as far as where to smoke I would roll up and take a walk or ride or use an incognito vape or something along those lines BUT they aren't lying the tax is insane unless you have your medical card then no tax. on top of that the ones around me like out the eight or so near only two are medical all others are strictly recreational. It is definitely an experience though.

Three Berries

In Illinois cannabis rules and regulation. Just more government enrichment and overreach.

Recreational marijuana is now legal in IL, but that doesn’t mean you can consume it anywhere. This guide will answer your questions about where you can legally smoke weed.

Can I smoke weed in public now?

No. You cannot smoke in any public place where you can be observed by other people.

Can I smoke weed in my vehicle?

No. You cannot smoke or consume cannabis in any motor vehicle, even if parked, and even if you are only a passenger.

Can I smoke weed in my apartment?

Maybe. Your landlord can prohibit smoking cannabis on their property just as they can ban smoking.

Can I smoke weed if I have kids?

You cannot legally consume cannabis of any kind in the presence of any person under the age of 21.

Can I smoke weed in a bar?

No. Just as smoking tobacco is banned in IL, smoking cannabis is also prohibited.

Where CAN I consume cannabis?

You can legally consume cannabis in your own home (see above if you rent), not in presence of persons under the age of 21, in designated tobacco retailers and weed dispensaries that permit it.

Can I smoke weed if I am not a US citizen?

No. Cannabis use is still a crime under Federal law and could result in your deportation.

Can my employer fire me for smoking weed?

Yes. You can still be terminated for using cannabis if your employer requires you to be drug-free. Some employers will be clarifying their policies on after-hours or offsite marijuana consumption, but until you are clear on the policy, it is advisable to abstain.

Can I smoke weed in my college dorm room?

Probably not. Your university can set the rules on marijuana consumption, but the trend in IL is to prohibit any use of cannabis on campus.

How about near schools?

Marijuana use is strictly prohibited on school grounds.

Can I transport weed in my vehicle?

Yes. It must be in a secured, sealed container and be out of the reach of the driver of the vehicle

Three Berries

And never fear they will keep the cost high so their buddies on the other side of the law do well too.....

Report: IL marijuana sales fall short of projections​

DECATUR, Ill. (WAND) – Illinois could have realized an additional $600 million in revenue from recreational marijuana sales, according to an analysis by the Illinois Policy Institute.

The group said it found a complicated tax system and restrictive licensing has cut into the state's revenue stream. In 2021, Illinois took in $317 million from cannabis taxes despite the demand for the product due to the pandemic.

Illinois lawmakers had projected in 2019 that revenue could produce $440 million to $676 million in annual tax revenue. The number of dispensary licenses has also been a problem.

“The state of Illinois caps the number of licenses, currently at 110, it’s going to 175, which gives us the lowest number of marijuana businesses per capita of any state with legal marijuana,” Illinois Policy Institute VP for policy Adam Schuster told WAND News.

Recreational marijuana sales began in Illinois in January 2020.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
These guys don't get it. Maybe they should raise the taxes higher to bring in more money from sales.

Stuff is so bad for you that they made it illegal and put people in prison for dealing and growing it. Now they want to make money taxing the sales. Does anybody else think these people in the .guv are full of shit, and that they are not working in our best interests?

Three Berries

They wanted to originally have the 'official' weed to have a DNA tracer so if you got caught with something else it was time for the slammer! And pretty sure paraphernalia with resin is still a bustable offense. I asked my state rep once and never got an answer. Probably didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

No better crook than an Illinois Politician.

St. Phatty

Somehow I don't think of Illinois as being a Canna place.

Is it really ? are there Canna gatherings on April 20 ?

"Under state law, using cannabis is prohibited in any public place, so the gathering is not a smoke fest — but, ironically, drinking is allowed at such events, and Lagunitas Waldos Triple IPA will be sold. The event is for those 21 and older, and is free, with a suggested donation to the Cannabis Equity Coalition Illinois."

Sounds very politicized.

Three Berries

Somehow I don't think of Illinois as being a Canna place.

Is it really ? are there Canna gatherings on April 20 ?

"Under state law, using cannabis is prohibited in any public place, so the gathering is not a smoke fest — but, ironically, drinking is allowed at such events, and Lagunitas Waldos Triple IPA will be sold. The event is for those 21 and older, and is free, with a suggested donation to the Cannabis Equity Coalition Illinois."

Sounds very politicized.
In the Big Town in my area it's illegal to drink in public unless it's at a licensed outdoor bar setting or other publicly approved celebrations. They use to harass folk for drinking beer on their front porch.

ost

These guys don't get it. Maybe they should raise the taxes higher to bring in more money from sales.

Stuff is so bad for you that they made it illegal and put people in prison for dealing and growing it. Now they want to make money taxing the sales. Does anybody else think these people in the .guv are full of shit, and that they are not working in our best interests?
it's not in the voteing publics best interest.

Three Berries

IL Norml June 22.png

AlexCA

I previously also wanted to go on a tourist trip and take it with me, but I never dared. Decided it was better not to have problems.

PerroVerde

This is the one you should come for! Check the last big free event that gets hazy in the best ways!!!!
if anyone from here is able to meet up il be having some flowers to share and some Bubble!!!
NORTHERN ILLINOIS!!!!!!

Attachments

• E8EE298E-1AE5-41CD-A13E-20DE286E23C1.jpeg
    E8EE298E-1AE5-41CD-A13E-20DE286E23C1.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 45

PerroVerde

I got this one at the last event from someone that I met there at an earlier event, so you know the people are cool and nice lol

Attachments

• 2CCFEF9B-03E8-4514-82CE-580D5F1A3364.jpeg
    2CCFEF9B-03E8-4514-82CE-580D5F1A3364.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 52