What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

if you woke up in the morning, and were POTUS...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
what would you do tomorrow RE cannabis in America? (note that i said POTUS, not KING! :smoke:) i think i would have a re-do of the Schafer Commission set up by Nixon. i'd tell them when they were done, we would put it in the public domain the day they finished their report, tell the truth to the voters and let them make up their own minds. in other words, do EXACTLY the polar opposite of what tricky Dick did when all of the available evidence was looked at and weighed on scales with no thumb leaning on them. if he had been a moral/fair man (hard to say that with a straight face), we quite likely would not have been embroiled in the criminally prosecuted "war on drugs" for over 50 years now... what if...cannabis had been legalized in 1971? what would the world be like today ? :shucks: would we be here? :chin:

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Almost a million people arrested per year since 1971.

The economic and social repercussions reverberate negativly through the decades from the war on drugs.

After 50 years of the war on drugs, its estimated that the US has spent a cumulative $1 trillion on it.

If cannabis were de criminalized 50 years ago, we likely would have our flying cars now and so much more.

Instead we have social media and streaming media and smart phones to pacify us.

Those contraptions lull us all to a false sense of control and comfort.

ugh.

Last edited:

Dropped Cat

Veteran
Yup, 1979 registered r*publican, voted for R*agan the first time.

Have voted democrat since then.

Edit on my post, removed "Fuck a bunch of republicans"

Dropped Cat

Veteran
Yup, reminds me of a story of two monks travelling along the countryside.

They come upon a woman unable to cross a small stream without soaking her kimono.

One of the monks agreed to carry her across the stream and deposited her on the other side.

Later the other monk complained to the monk who carried her and saying I am concerned about your action of carrying her across the stream, to which he replied, I left her at the riverbank, why are you still carrying her?

Last edited:

Three Berries

Almost a million people arrested per year since 1971.

The economic and social repercussions reverberate negativly through the decades from the war on drugs.

After 50 years of the war on drugs, its estimated that the US has spent a cumulative $1 trillion on it.

If cannabis were de criminalized 50 years ago, we likely would have our flying cars now and so much more.

Instead we have social media and streaming media and smart phones to pacify us.

Those contraptions lull us all to a false sense of control and comfort.

ugh.
Government and Big Pharm colluding against the people?

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Any change in the timeline pre mid 1974 could potentially somehow lead to my not existing. So I really have no opinion on the matter other than be careful.

Also. I truly believe prohibition is what pushed the current growing and breeding scene to what it is. I think knowingly growing felonies held everyone to a standard of always pushing the next boundary both in technology and yield and unique expression of genetics that likely would have been watered down or passed over. Much the way most other commercial agriculture has done. The pockets of hobby breeders that have lived isolated are still showing up everywhere legalization happens.

Hempy McNoodle

Ah yes, the local Q fascist is here to lick some boots advocate for a military coup.

If you're yearning for a boot up your ass, feel free to move to Russia. There's a fascist paradise blossoming there as we speak. You'll fit right in - no libs, no gays, and a street thug macho man in charge.
Lol, did I say I would order a coup? The fascists are the ones who launched the drug war upon us. Who's REALLY licking boots? (You, Silly).

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Lol, did I say I would order a coup? The fascists are the ones who launched the drug war upon us. Who's REALLY licking boots? (You, Silly).
You forgot to add that the fascist are still all about the drug war.

At least psychedelic research has been moving forward again. Wonder how the fascists feel about it? Any far right Christian nationalists helping make these substances legal?

Hempy McNoodle

You forgot to add that the fascist are still all about the drug war.

At least psychedelic research has been moving forward again. Wonder how the fascists feel about it? Any far right Christian nationalists helping make these substances legal?
I don't consider Jordan Peterson far right or a christian nationalist, but most leftists do. I saw that he was advocating for the use of psilocybin.

RobFromTX

Is this Q movement a regional thing? Has anyone actually seen one of them? Im puzzled. I mean im from a moderate conservative family and my wifes family is hispanic catholic(as conservative as you can get) and none of them even heard of this group until the media sensationalized it. Just curious. Ive been looking for an Illuminati for 20 years now and Im definitely throwing this group on my to-see-before-i-die list😬

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Is this Q movement a regional thing? Has anyone actually seen one of them? Im puzzled. I mean im from a moderate conservative family and my wifes family is hispanic catholic(as conservative as you can get) and none of them even heard of this group until the media sensationalized it. Just curious. Ive been looking for an Illuminati for 20 years now and Im definitely throwing this group on my to-see-before-i-die list😬
I believe the Q thing started as a conspiracy theory fad on YouTube and other social media. Seemed innocent to start. Exposing random theories. Eventually they tied just about every theory possible, regardless of how far fetched, back to the baby eating reptile people. The sane portion of the population lost interest as they could feel their iq lowering at high rate of speed. And some people clung to it like gospel.

MrFancyPlants

Lol, did I say I would order a coup?
I get that you don't make any effort to comprehend others' posts, but your very own?
I would order the military to prepare the tribunals.
Unless you would prefer to enlighten us about the legality of setting up "military tribunals" to deal with an internal, civilian issue of drug prohibition, I'll stick to my initial evaluation of you and your worldview.

To answer the OPs questions, you could have said something meaningful and constructive, e.g.

"I would order the Secretary of HHS to deschedule cannabis immediately, pursuant to 21 U.S. Code, paragraph 811(b), which reads, in part:

The recommendations of the Secretary to the Attorney General shall be binding on the Attorney General as to such scientific and medical matters, and if the Secretary recommends that a drug or other substance not be controlled, the Attorney General shall not control the drug or other substance."

Instead, you call for men with guns, who are trained to fight wars, not stop them. I'm calling you a fascist not because I want to be mean to you, but because you reject the rule of law in favor of authoritarian fiat.

Bye now.

Edit: add link

Hempy McNoodle

I get that you don't make any effort to comprehend others' posts, but your very own?

Unless you would prefer to enlighten us about the legality of setting up "military tribunals" to deal with an internal, civilian issue of drug prohibition, I'll stick to my initial evaluation of you and your worldview.

To answer the OPs questions, you could have said something meaningful and constructive, e.g.

"I would order the Secretary of HHS to deschedule cannabis immediately, pursuant to 21 U.S. Code, paragraph 811(b), which reads, in part:

The recommendations of the Secretary to the Attorney General shall be binding on the Attorney General as to such scientific and medical matters, and if the Secretary recommends that a drug or other substance not be controlled, the Attorney General shall not control the drug or other substance."

Instead, you call for men with guns, who are trained to fight wars, not stop them. I'm calling you a fascist not because I want to be mean to you, but because you reject the rule of law in favor of authoritarian fiat.

Bye now.

Edit: add link
You have a very limited scope of what the military's purpose is. The military is our nations defense against enemies foreign and domestic. If a domestic enemy launched an illegal and unconstitutional war against the people and a genocide against African Americans and the CIA facilitated that war. Then the problem is much bigger than you thought. It means that the 3 branches of government have conspired to commit crimes of war against the American people and people around the world. This war lead to the death of maybe millions of people. I wouldn't use tanks and bombs. I would use military intel and then have the US martials round up the enemy.

Hempy McNoodle

You have a very limited scope of what the military's purpose is. The military is our nations defense against enemies foreign and domestic. If a domestic enemy launched an illegal and unconstitutional war against the people and a genocide against African Americans and the CIA facilitated that war. Then the problem is much bigger than you thought. It means that the 3 branches of government have conspired to commit crimes of war against the American people and people around the world. This war lead to the death of maybe millions of people. I wouldn't use tanks and bombs. I would use military intel and then have the US martials round up the enemy.
US military can access the NSA data and prosecute the CIA traaitors who sell drugs to finance global terrorism and CIA coups in democratic foriegn nations. There wont be any need to deschedule. The scheduling would be thrown out.

I would maybe turn the DEA into a central Cannabis buyer and have them buy all domestically grown cannabis and they would be the sole distributer.

Hempy McNoodle

I don't want to see those who perpetuated the war on weed to be able to invest in cannabis monopolies. I don't want to see them get away with treason. By being against justice, you are tacitly admitting that what they've done to our country and humanity was 'okay.'

Latest posts

Latest posts