What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

if money isnt really a deciding factor, would you stay in a hotel or apartment

Queso

I have seen a few nice apartments on stayamsterdam.com for decent prices. but i was just wondering if staying in a hotel is better for security reasons, instant service (ie: new towels , a cold beer) , and also just plain cleanliness.

anyone who has stayed at an apartment from stayamsterdam, would u be able to let me know how the whole thing was, like from payment , to getting your key, to leaving etc.. how was it.

and ya, i have been to amsterdam before and always stay at the NH amsterdam centre hotel in the leidesplein, but i would like to switch it up, but my only concern was that myself and my girlfriend, would not be as happy in an appartment.

i understand the benefits of the apartment are, more privacy ( i think) , more space, more historical sorta, and the fact i could use the kitchen and fridge and other cool things in the apartment. but im just not sure what one i would like more.

thank you in advance

Last edited:
G

An apartment???? How long you stayin in A-dam?

I stay at shitty but safe hotels when I go to A-dam because it encourages me to stay outside and take advantage of my trip. But that's just me.

If you can stay in a fancy hotel then go for that...definately got to love the "service" factor. Nothing is more important than the prompt arrival of your fries when you're high lol

Last edited:
G

I do not like coffee shops full of young people and some hotels don't like constant smoking in a very small room(most are small). I feel at home in an apartment and enjoy cooking there sometime. Resturants a re all close and amsterdam is a small city, no worries for food,beer ect.
So i get an apartment from citymundo.com or simplyamsterdam.com and live like i am at home and i have my own fridge, internet ect. You can bring in friends you meet over to smoke with you and have small meetings if needed, something not possible in a hotel. If you want to live like a king and enjoy rooms larger than 12x12ft, get an apartment:) IMHO
Peace
MOD

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
have stayed at several apartments and they are allways good clean and worth the extra buck if you have it

no apartment for me this time as i am short on the buck, i found a hotel near central where a few of my mates are also staying

Queso

thanks for the tips everyone! i think i will take ur advice and try out an apartment this time. As of now i most likely will be using Stayamsterdam.com, as they have responded to my emails quiclly, they have a big selection and they seem trustworthy.

im in amsterdam for 7 nights. then im off for a few days and back for 7 more. I was looking at the herengracht apartment, it looks pretty stylish and perfect for 2 people, i dont need a huge apartment, as i will most likely be tryin to enjoy myself, but after 14 days im sure i will like to relax a bit.

Does anyone know how often they supply new towels, or bed linens??? and has it been easy for everyone to check in and all that.

and as far as cooking on my own, i remember seeing a bunch of grocery stores and cool markets around a-dam when i was there last april, but are there any specific grocery stores or markets that i should look for as my girlfriend is a great cook.

i know i have alot of questions, im just trying to book my apartment asap. thanks for your help

G

Albertculp street market thats east of the musuems and south of the wetteringschaans(sp). It is near the Katsu( great Haze) and Club media(which sell flying dutchman stuff) and sell everthing from chocolate cocks to fresh fish from the zudersee. Great for clothes and such to, open 6 days a week from about 10am.
Peace
MOD

R

Ronley

When I am in Ams. on my own then I do stay in a hotel,
The time before we were a party of 4 and we rented for 1 week a very convieniant apartment. (came to about 65 Euros/person/night)
The owner met us outside on the day of our arrival. gave us keys and explained how to lock up, etc. etc and we never saw him again.

It had TV and a million channels, which we did not even turn on, fast internet connection, DVD, a fully equipped kitchen and a full cupboard of towels and blankets and there were beds for 6 people.
Whats very nice about having an apartment is the kitchen. I agree that is great eating out in restuarants etc. but They are not cheap.
having a kitchen enabled us to cook light meals sometimes, which I can do quickly and easily. so we eat out less and saved alot.

Queso

thanks kali! , i think i have been there before, and picked up some great cheese, lol ..

and ronley, did u book it with stayamsterdam??? im only going with my girlfriend but we both can party hard, but we also like to relax when its needed. I most likely will get a 1 bedroom apartment cause i dont think we will be having any guests stay over.. unless my girlfriend decides she wants another friend to join us ;).. haha

im hoping to find an apartment with a nice living room and fairly clean and close to some good coffeeshops and restaurants. I would also think it will be nice to stay in an area other than the leidesplein, just to get some variety.thanks for all the help kalistroyer and every one else

D

DogBoy

I've stayed in both and found that simple is best. Your only going to wake up there and go to bed there, the rest of the time is usually spent outside. My only requirements are that the kitchen and bathroom are clean and the bed has new sheets. Aside from that i would not be too worried about anything. I'm usually more worried about getting some rosti's from the local cafe than whether my apartment/room is nice.

That said, if you can afford a bit of luxury the Krasnopolski is a real must. The dining room is amazing. Easily the best hotel i have stayed in ever, but i still only spent my nights there, the rest of the day i was out and about.

Queso

ended up booking at the sofitel grande demeure amsterdam . should be nice, im pretty sure its in a great location and should be some great service.

anyone stay here before?/

Niemand

admiralcornport said:
500 euros a night? ???? damn you must be loaded
Don't know where the 500 Euros a night comes from but for that you can get a palace type apartment with the works!
To me, an apartment provides the better security. Too many 5star hotels in Adam turn their nose at smokers!
At the barbizon palace they had a manager and 2 assistants smelling the air trying to determine what room was smoking! I was told that if you ignore their warnings they can demand you leave. (A Towel at the door and incense cured that!)
Like some one else stated above when I rented, I would meet the guy, get the keys, get the info on using the High Speed internet, the home theatre etc.. then didnt see him again until checkout!
And, depending on where you look, you can find apartments for less than staying at the Victoria, Barbizon Palace, krasnapolsky etc!
I have used www.canalapartments.com in the past.
I realize that the original poster can not use this info, but someone in the future WILL ask the same question!
Oh yeah, my avatar is a picture of me in front of a rooftop ganja garden in a rented amsterdam apartment!

Niemand

Jahminded said:
Niemand....whats up man? Nice to see ya around......are you making 420 this year?
Peace JahMinded! Yeah, Im around but still trying to get my bearings!

Yeah, made the mistake of trying the HTCC one last time (Barneys 20th anniversary tipped the scales) so..... You can be SURE I will be in Adam on 4/20 official or not!

I hope and pray it IS official but either way......

Stay Safe... Stay Jah Minded! Peace, IBN

Latest posts

Latest posts