What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Identifying Jack Herer Phenotypes

acespicoli

1664202404158.png

Photo By:KarmaG (Looks like the hazy longer flowering pheno -AceS)
Karma’s Jack is the cross of Jack Herrer #12 mom and Jack Herrer #22 male. I have been working with Jack Herrer for a long time. My Jack line started from old Sensi stock. I crossed my lines a few years ago with a male I found in a seed grow from another Jack seed line (from a local breeder). This gave me the seeds from which I created my Karma’s Jack. The mother is the faster, rock-hard nug making, Jack Herrer. The father is my #22 Jack Herrer male which is a proven breeder that represents the longer flowering Jacks.

Always been a fan Jack Herrer
Sour Jack looks amazing too

Last edited:

Ancient Old Far

ICMag Donor
Veteran
View attachment 18761665
Photo By:KarmaG (Looks like the hazy longer flowering pheno -AceS)
Karma’s Jack is the cross of Jack Herrer #12 mom and Jack Herrer #22 male. I have been working with Jack Herrer for a long time. My Jack line started from old Sensi stock. I crossed my lines a few years ago with a male I found in a seed grow from another Jack seed line (from a local breeder). This gave me the seeds from which I created my Karma’s Jack. The mother is the faster, rock-hard nug making, Jack Herrer. The father is my #22 Jack Herrer male which is a proven breeder that represents the longer flowering Jacks.

Always been a fan Jack Herrer
Sour Jack looks amazing too

Wow! That's amazing. I hope to grow buds like that. Do you have any pics of it in early flowering,? Thanks

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Thanks, I have some of Ace's Golden Tiger and Malawi. I have Dutch Passions Durban. I would like the AfroPips version. Other Africans ; so many.
I'll be looking at some Central American Sativa's. I'm interested in the real deal Oaxacan, some of the best Cannabis I have smoked, second only to Thai sticks circa 72-73. So many sativa's, so little time. I think its also time to look into the Hazes, so many: Nevils, # of different version Old-timers, etc. Now, for the first time in 75+ years I'll be able to devote my attention full-time to my grows. I hope to achieve what you and many others have achieved.
good luck, if you need some information, I gladly help you. just pm me.

keep it up.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
maha... i like the leaf structure of the thai....we have grown ace's golden tiger, we picked at '3' diff times 100/120 and finally 150 days , n think i could have gone another month- also tried zamaldelica , malawi, their A5 and panama.... none had the thin leaves on your thai-

I heard that!! I may be burnt out and on fruitless search for the holy Grail but I like to get HIGH. I figure I got 10 more years and a bunch of strains to go through to find out. I'll be paying attention
good luck with the 'hunt' - we only grow 4-6 plants twice a year, so its hard to find an elite - i like maha thin leave thai - we have grown a bunch of ace's offering's and i gotta believe that somewhere along the breeding lines, an indica snuck in.

St. Phatty

For a plant to be a Jack Herer Phenotype, does it have to be purchased from someone selling Jack Herer ?

I thought Jack Herer was a combination of Skunk, Haze, and Northern Lights.

Does it need certain percentages, like 50% Haze, 25% NL, 25% Skunk ?

Ancient Old Far

ICMag Donor
Veteran
For a plant to be a Jack Herer Phenotype, does it have to be purchased from someone sell bying Jack Herer ?

I thought Jack Herer was a combination of Skunk, Haze, and Northern Lights.

Does it need certain percentages, like 50% Haze, 25% NL, 25% Skunk ?
That's a good question. How would you know if you didn't do laboratory tests. I made the mistake of thinking it was a stable Hybrid. I then discover first that there are three phenotype followed by a report of a cinnamon one from PPP. Does that mean that Sensi's is the first one and they have three maybe four types and that the others are knock offs that don't match the original that may or may not be as good as Sensi's. I would like to be sure that what I'm buying is the real deal as described in the Strain review.

Hello nice flower , a am a first grower and i have jack herrer outdoor from sensi seed , i am in cca week 5-6 , can you tell me about my phenotype ? or do you see any deficiency ?

Attachments

• IMG_20221012_134720.jpg
    IMG_20221012_134720.jpg
    9 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20221012_135006.jpg
    IMG_20221012_135006.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20221012_135257.jpg
    IMG_20221012_135257.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20221012_135353.jpg
    IMG_20221012_135353.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 75

Ancient Old Far

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello nice flower , a am a first grower and i have jack herrer outdoor from sensi seed , i am in cca week 5-6 , can you tell me about my phenotype ? or do you see any deficiency ?
Thanks for the reply and pictures. I'm not up to speed on nutrient deficiencies. I see flowering plants, when I enlarge the picture. I see mostly cloudy trichs but few amber ones. my eyes ain't what they used to be. They are finishing, but as they say wait another week or two, or three.. There is tremendous amounts of info here ,y-tube and other platforms discussing when to harvest. Your Sensi Jack Herer will definitely produce a bigger yield than my Seedsman. There are many experienced and talented growers here and Im sure they are willing to answer your questions just as they did mine. Looks like you have a nice harvest coming up. Please post bud pics and a smoke report so I can compare it to my jSeedsman beside comparing just the price.
Thank Again

TheDarkStorm

Hi. I could use a little education in identifying The different Jack Herer Phenotypes. I'm currently grow 2 JH from a seedsman 5 pk Fem at 30* N. Plants probably receive less than 6 hours direct sun. The two plants are very different.
Jack Herer #1.
View attachment 18759864

Jack Herer #2
View attachment 18759863
I wonder if #2 Is expressing Haze or Thai characteristics. I've read there are 3 main Phenotypes. Which one is #2?
Thanks
That could be an old type colombian phenotype leaves in your #2..There were old colombians in haze and the skunk used at the time it was originally made were in ther earlier generations too.. Nice plant
Check out some of the phenos from colombian 72 you will find some similarities..

Last edited:

Ancient Old Far

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That could be an old type colombian phenotype leaves in your #2..There were old colombians in haze and the skunk used at the time it was originally made were in ther earlier generations too.. Nice plant
Check out some of the phenos from colombian 72 you will find some similarities..
TheDarkStorm
Thanks for the heads up. It's still going strong, trichomes are still mostly clear. The other Jack Herer was harvested last week, it came in a few days over the recommended harvest date, but it was done. I learned so much more about Pheno's over the past month than the past 20 years.. It's all new to me. I like it.

TheDarkStorm

jack herrer contains haze male A probably, it contains nl1 x hazeA and some skunk1 to it, it is not more than 25%haze. so to find haze pheno is pretty rare, as it is very uniform cross with mainly 77 days phenos.

I had 13weeker peppery cut, which was colombian for sure.

I think that this description from Chaco, sumps it up pretty well:

"I like it very much, it's uniform for seed stock these days and generally potent with some individuals being great.I still haven't found a pheno that was as hazy as I might like.The high is soaring, so to speak, and very long lasting.It certainly is by no means a bad choice and could certainly be mine if I could find a bit more haze, but fantastic individuals I have found, crummy individuals I have not, so its pretty damn good overall"

so to find haze pheno is not so common, but it is possible, but if you want haze pheno, you would choose nevilles haze or NL5haze instead of Jack. with NL5haze you need like 20 seeds to find it, with Jack much more seeds.
This is just a bit of info for those interested in the jack herer lineage (in no way any disrespect to your view point maha). Jack herer the original clone that was and represented the jack herer archetype, the same clone the jack herer seedline comes from and is based on ....was a selected clone from a seedline known as silverhaze. The plant its self was a worked version of hazeC wich its self was referred to as the silver haze type...so jh defo comes from hazeC

Latest posts

Latest posts