What's new

Ideas for Passive Intake on Tent with Closet Doors Shut

Three Berries

Venting in to the attic is OK as long as the attic has good ventilation and it's above the dew point. That being said you better have it all set up because still in the winter it will be a disaster, or anytime the attic is below the dew point of the exhausting air.

I vented to the attic all year but it's a mess if you are adding any humidity in the winter. Most of the year for the added ventilation I vent to the attic now but in the winter it will go out the side of the house though the wall. That's kind of noisy if you are around the exhaust vent outside and another reason I vent to the attic at times. It will be interesting to see if I have a plume of condensation when the exhaust fan is on this winter and 0F outside temps.

trouthugger

Venting in to the attic is OK as long as the attic has good ventilation and it's above the dew point. That being said you better have it all set up because still in the winter it will be a disaster, or anytime the attic is below the dew point of the exhausting air.

I vented to the attic all year but it's a mess if you are adding any humidity in the winter. Most of the year for the added ventilation I vent to the attic now but in the winter it will go out the side of the house though the wall. That's kind of noisy if you are around the exhaust vent outside and another reason I vent to the attic at times. It will be interesting to see if I have a plume of condensation when the exhaust fan is on this winter and 0F outside temps.
I'm actually thinking about venting into the adjacent closet now.... I might make a separate post to figure out my exhaust situation. I really have three options:

1. Exhaust into attic (and find a way to vent it out of attic)
2. Exhaust out of the right side of the closet into my home stairway (through drywall)
3. Exhaust out of the left side of the closet into an adjacent identical closet (storage)

It comes down to which would work most efficiently and provide the best stealth while keeping the eventual repairs down to a minimum.

Reactions: Gry

trouthugger

I'm actually thinking about venting into the adjacent closet now.... I might make a separate post to figure out my exhaust situation. I really have three options:

1. Exhaust into attic (and find a way to vent it out of attic)
2. Exhaust out of the right side of the closet into my home stairway (through drywall)
3. Exhaust out of the left side of the closet into an adjacent identical closet (storage)

It comes down to which would work most efficiently and provide the best stealth while keeping the eventual repairs down to a minimum.

Link with photos @Three Berries

Gry

Veteran
I send the exhaust right out the nearest window the closet. A short straight shot for the least resistance.
Little noisy, not an issue for me at all. Blows out to an area with citrus, which handles the smell well.

Latest posts

Latest posts